Problem Booking Rome-Civitaveccia via TrenItalia Website

GradUT

A search of this forum has informed me that a good way to get from Rome to Civitavecchia for our cruise in July is via train. I went to the TrenItalia website to try to book tickets, but after I entered all the information, it just said, "No solution found".

Am I doing something wrong or is the website not booking tickets so far in advance (3 months)?

Thanks for any help!

A search of this forum has informed me that a good way to get from Rome to Civitavecchia for our cruise in July is via train. I went to the TrenItalia website to try to book tickets, but after I entered all the information, it just said, "No solution found".

Am I doing something wrong or is the website not booking tickets so far in advance (3 months)?

Thanks for any help!

No, you aren't doing anything wrong. The trains are not available for purchase this far in advance. :) I believe that the R (regional) trains are available for purchase a week in advance & other trains (FRECCIABIANCA) 2 months in advance.

Thanks for any help!

1 week in advance is the max on the system as far as ive seen

There is a schedule update coming ... that's why you're not seeing trains after the middle of June.

Normally, Frecce trains can be purchased on line months in advance, while regional trains are never more than seven days in advance if purchased on line.

There is a schedule update coming ... that's why you're not seeing trains after the middle of June.

Normally, Frecce trains can be purchased on line months in advance, while regional trains are never more than seven days in advance if purchased on line.

You're right, the problem is the schedule update: starting from around June 10 there will be a new timetable, and usually you can see those trains in Trenitalia web site not before the end of May.

Thanks for any help!

There really is no need to book those in advance. We bought ours at the ticket office in station in Rome with no problem about fifteen minutes before the train was scheduled.

That's correct. The "regional" trains can't be booked more than a week before the intended travel. Just as simple to get a ticket on the day from the machine or the counter.

Seat reservation is also not possible for the regional trains. And there is no special place forvluggage either. Just a tiny area at either end of the carriages. Don't even think of blocking a seat or the aisles with your suitcases. You'll learn some very cool new Italian swear words. - especially during rush hour!

:-)

The good news is that if you get on the train at Termini, you will be able to have first dibs on luggage space and seats. But be aware that the tracks to Civitavecchia are about 300 meters down the right side of the main part of the station, so allow yourselves adequate time to get to the boarding area.

The good news is that if you get on the train at Termini, you will be able to have first dibs on luggage space and seats. But be aware that the tracks to Civitavecchia are about 300 meters down the right side of the main part of the station, so allow yourselves adequate time to get to the boarding area.

If you're taking the regional train this is true. If you're taking a taxi to the station, get them to drop you on the south side of the station (here: https://maps.google.com/?ll=41.897062,12.50603&spn=0.000418,0.000663&t=h&z=21&layer=c&cbll=41.897062,12.50603&panoid=sVRgj-6fw7uY01G3t7jNzg&cbp=12,43.85,,0,-4.64)

If you do end up at the main part of the station to the west, go down one floor, and there is a moving walkway out to these remote platforms.

Archived