Suites & Blu

mgfraser

Hi Everyone,

We are doing our first Celebrity cruise on the Eclipse for a trans-atlantic departing April 20.

We have a Sky suite booked and my question is, Celebrity says suite passengers may use the restaurant Blu provided there is space. Is there usually space in these conditions, do we just ask our butler to make a reservation? I don't care about breakfast too much but I would like to try out dinner.

Many thanks for any replies.

Malcolm

Your best bet is to go at off times, avoid the busy hour, talk to the Maitre'd when you get on the ship.. As far as I know Blu does not take reservations, at least they didn't on my cruises.

I realize you said you don't care about breakfast but Blu does an excellent breakfast and you will probably get a seat without a problem.

Generally full "suite" amenities start at Celebrity suite and above (CS, RS, PH, Reflection, Signature Suites). Skysuites are generally not offered full suite amenities. One missing item is the bar set up for example.

However, since Skysuites do include butler service, talk to your butler about your desire, and I would think he will secure some time to dine there over the duration of your cruise. Let the butler work his magic for you....he may be aware of someone else who has chosen not to dine at blu and can just swap you in for example. Ours was able to get a non-suite traveling companion to join us on any invitation I received in my suite cabin for example, including bridge tour and captains table dining.

We returned recently from Celebrity Reflection where we were in S1 Sky Suite. The cruise was full but we never had any problems getting into Blu.

It was by far our preferred venue for breakfast and was never full in the mornings. In the evenings it was busy at times and you can't pre-reserve a table but we were always accommodated after a short wait. The food in Blu was good but doesn't compare with the speciality restaurants so you might want to look at the various speciality dining packages.

One of the main reasons we book AQ this next cruise was the breakfast in Blu. Don't miss it!

We are starting to organize for upcoming B2B cruises on the Equinox. Just a few minutes ago my husband and I were discussing the breakfasts in Blu. I normally sleep in on sea days, but the Blu breakfasts get me up and going. Just love that muesli prepared beside your table. We are in Aqua Class both legs, and I am so looking forward to breakfast at Blu.

Generally full "suite" amenities start at Celebrity suite and above (CS, RS, PH, Reflection, Signature Suites). Skysuites are generally not offered full suite amenities. One missing item is the bar set up for example.

Just to clarify, Celebrity Suites do not receive the complimentary bar set-ups. That is reserved for Royal Suites and the Penthouse Suites.

Passengers staying in Sky Suites have as much entitlement to dining in Blu as any other suite. You do not need your butler to work his magic, just ask the maitre'd at Blu on the evening you wish to dine there.

Archived