MORE things Splendor ... NY style!

Cyber Kat

OMG, I was laughing so hard at the picture you painted!! I can just imagine you lugging all that stuff around with you. Unfortunately I'm not as adventurous as you. I think I'll stick to my checkable suitcase and small carry-on, lol! BTW, the tech in you shows in the use of the term "peripherals" ;)

It was not so bad. We didn't have to wait long to get to the room. And yes - I'm a techie/geek and proud of it!

The mango/guava juice mixed with vodka or Malibu is good too! ;)

I think that is one of the two reasons they got rid of the red punch on lido. It mixed well with vodka and it stained the carpets.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I think that is one of the two reasons they got rid of the red punch on lido. It mixed well with vodka and it stained the carpets.

Absolut and lemonade works for me too!!! :D

Hi all, We are booked on the Splendor out of NYC next April. We have sailed the Splendor before out of Long Beach and had a Fantastic time!

This time we booked an Aft Wrap on the Empress. Our Cruising buddies have Aft Extended Balconies.

My question is do the Balconies connect from the Aft Wrap to the Aft Extended Balconies.

I have searched the internet and found some great pics that show the opening partitions, but nobody at Carnival can answer me if they do connect!

SO, Anybody Know??

Thanks,

Mike Washington

I can't say for sure, but our aft wrap cabin on deck 6 had what looked like a door between our balcony and the aft extended next to it. It also had one of those hooks they use to keep the doors open. There was an angled piece that went down to the rail, but there was also a rectangular piece that could have been the door.

You can see the piece that looks like the door in this photo ...

rog-balcony-aft.jpg

Remember, this is deck 6 - I don't know if the Empress deck (8?) are the same. I know the deck 6 aft wraps are the largest of the 3 decks that have the wraps.

They do NOT have cranberry juice anywhere...unless you order a drink from the bar with it mixed in! :( You are allowed 12 non alc drinks as carry on/pp of up to 20 oz. I make "Madras" in our cabin. Vodka, 1/2 OJ and 1/2 cran juice. I carried on a 6 pack of cranberry juice and also threw an empty 1 L plastic bottle in my suitcase. At breakfast each day I would fill the liter bottle up with OJ and bring back to our cabin for drinks that night. As some others have mentioned, they replace the OJ and mango/guava juice about 11am and put ice tea and lemonade in time for lunch. Don't forget, you can also bring on the 12 drinks/pp at any of the ports, so the 6 pack of cran juice would usually last until the lst port. ;)

You can order cranberry juice from Bon Voyage, and I understand that anything Bon Voyage has - beverage-wise - can be ordered from room service. We were able to get a bottle of wine from room service to have in our room.

You can order cranberry juice from Bon Voyage, and I understand that anything Bon Voyage has - beverage-wise - can be ordered from room service. We were able to get a bottle of wine from room service to have in our room.

You can but they deliver 4 of those tiny little cans. We have done BV for absolut and cranberry and after the 1st time we carried on the cranberry juice....no problem

Absolut and lemonade works for me too!!! :D

That's why Elvis called it that cool and refreshing drink. We used to do a bottle from BV but that recent price hike has me is sticker shock.....

You can but they deliver 4 of those tiny little cans. We have done BV for absolut and cranberry and after the 1st time we carried on the cranberry juice....no problem

Yes, now I remember Kat told me you could order the cran. juice from BV. Since we don't fly to the ship, it is no problem (and cheaper! :D) for us to carry it on. It is not on the room service menu, but I would imagine that if you asked for it, they would include it in your order.

We were on deck 8, the cabin next to the aft wrap 8448. I don't know if the dividers opened, but I do know that all the dividers on the sides of the ship CAN BE because they were cleaning the balconies one day and they had EVERY DIVIDER open, bow to stern. AWESOME to see. Talk about bowling alleys...:eek::eek::eek: Course, I don't know if they can STAY open. We were in port so they didn't have to secure the doors.

I stock up on the guava juice in the morning. Very good with rum and vodka.

Thanks everyone for the drink advice I'm a rum girl myself, so I'm thinking that mango-guava juice sounds like a safe bet, mmmmmm! I can't wait to get on the boat!!!!

I know Splendor hasn't had the 2.0 stuff but can anyone tell me how the candy shop compares to the Pride or Miracle for example. Kinda limited selection.

There isn't a separate candy shop - just a section of Formalities where they rent the tuxes. It was along one wall of the shop.

There isn't a separate candy shop - just a section of Formalities where they rent the tuxes. It was along one wall of the shop.

I was hoping they at least had a bigger selection. Oh well. Thanks.

I just read a GREAT review of the Valor that departed from SJ on 5/12. That was our lst POC and we were there as they were boarding and leaving. Then we met up again in St. Thomas the next day. Review is awesome and she even has some pictures of Splendor! Be still my heart....:p

Has anyone paid for the day to use the Spa Deck? How much is it per day and what is included?

We did a tour of the Spa area. The guy that took us through showed us the pool and all the various heat rooms with the rain shower - which isn't a shower so much as a way too cool off between rooms.

I would have been interested in the Thalassotherapy (sp?) pool, but the rest didn't interest me as much. It was $149 pp for the 8 day cruise. You could sign up 2 people for $249 - bit of a discount.

I would have done the T-pool once or twice, maybe 3 times on the sea days, but I thought it would be a waste to have to pay for the port days. They weren't doing day passes on this sailing. I have heard that sometimes they do.

If you really want to use it more than a few times and you want to use all the rooms, it might be worth it, but it wasn't for me.

Amen to that! And the NY sail away is phenomenal - even in the pouring rain :D

I love cruising out of NY - why fly someplace when I can be at the pier and ready to board in 40 min![/quote]

That's what I'm thinking. I tell ya Cyber Kat, you are doing a helluva job convincing me to just drive the 40 mins to NY next year instead of getting on a plan and all of that like we've always done. I read everyone of your posts. lol. It's a long cruise. DH and I are fine with that. Hoping you have some info on the kids and how they fared.

Edited by cruizinisthebest