Cat; G Stareroom2715.Amsterdam

VISLAND

it's nickname (and that of the corresponding cabins in the 3 other "R" Class ships - 2711 comes to mind without looking at a deckplan) is "the BLENDER" We had it for 30 days on a Hawaii/Tahiti cruise in 2006 and despite some noise, bumps and grinds loved it. It has great advantages - easy exit to covered deck overlooking the wake, privacy, AND it's the largest standard cabin onboard. But DON'T tell anyone else that!

Have booked this cabin, for our Alaska cruise, and our T.A. has advised us, that it may have some engine noise! :( hoping that someone will say, "it isn't so" :)

We have not been in this particular cabin before but in the same general area. We have never had problems with engine noise and like the location.

Val

it's nickname (and that of the corresponding cabins in the 3 other "R" Class ships - 2711 comes to mind without looking at a deckplan) is "the BLENDER" We had it for 30 days on a Hawaii/Tahiti cruise in 2006 and despite some noise, bumps and grinds loved it. It has great advantages - easy exit to covered deck overlooking the wake, privacy, AND it's the largest standard cabin onboard. But DON'T tell anyone else that!

Thank you Willem, now , I am really looking forward to our stay in 'THE BLENDER', personally, I do enjoy sailing, when the ship is bobbing around a bit,.......... I'll bet , you could tell a few tales, re; your experiences on so many cruises!! as for the noise, well, I'm sure it won't spoil our cruise.

P.S. I promise. I won't tell a soul about you know what!!!!! ;)

cheers, Rebecca

We have not been in this particular cabin before but in the same general area. We have never had problems with engine noise and like the location.

Val

Val. my friend, Thanks for your input, re; our cabin location, it sure made us feel a lot better, .... now, we can't wait for the time to pass, to see for ourselves, this little corner of the ship.

cheers, Rebecca :cool:

Val. my friend, Thanks for your input, re; our cabin location, it sure made us feel a lot better, .... now, we can't wait for the time to pass, to see for ourselves, this little corner of the ship.

cheers, Rebecca :cool:

I hope you enjoy this little corner of the ship as much as we did Rebecca.

Val

We're in 2711 on the Amsterdam for our upcoming Alaska trip. We tend to like the sounds and vibrations that makes it feel like you're on a ship...!

One question...are there chairs and/or small tables out on the aft public balcony? Would we be able to bring room service breakfast out there in the mornings?

We're in 2711 on the Amsterdam for our upcoming Alaska trip. We tend to like the sounds and vibrations that makes it feel like you're on a ship...!

One question...are there chairs and/or small tables out on the aft public balcony? Would we be able to bring room service breakfast out there in the mornings?

When we were on the Zaandam I remember there being one of the teak deck chairs. On the Amsterdam I think there may have been two of the teak deck chairs. I do not remember there being tables out there on either ship but at different times I would walk out to find people had left coffee mugs behind on either the stairs or on a storage box.

I guess it depends on what you want for breakfast but it I don't think I would bring out my breakfast, but would bring out a cup of coffee to watch the wake and the scenery go by.

Val

Archived