Horizon Court breakfast

Eschie

Princess just does not know how to cook bacon. The sausage is pretty good however

I try to stay away from the long pieces, & go for the small crispy ends from the bottom of the pan.

The chorizo is always good, & the English sausage.

Steve

On the Emerald last winter they had grilled tomato every day. I really enjoyed that since there aren't any restaurants around where I live that serve English style breakfasts.

Those grilled tomatoes are delicious. The Pacific Princess has them, too!

Princess just does not know how to cook bacon. The sausage is pretty good however

I try to stay away from the long pieces, & go for the small crispy ends from the bottom of the pan.

I always ask them to cook it longer if it's uncooked. Like you, I like bacon well-cooked and crispy. I actually love it when the pan is almost empty and the only bacon left are the small, crispy bits.

Last week on the Sapphire I saw steak one morning, it looked great but it was too much for me that morning. They had the makings for Eggs Benedict a few times (poached eggs and the sauce). I used a bagel and the thin sliced ham from the meat and cheese section. It was better than the English Muffin and thick ham you usually get.

But, I also love being waited on in the MDR for breakfast.

Actually two words - HEART DISEASE

Perhaps if you eat like that all the time. I actually have been eating very healthy lately, but still plan to indulge in a couple of pieces of bacon each day for one week when I cruise this summer. It's not going to kill me. :D

Slight diversion...i am sailing on the Diamond Princess in about 6 weeks... do they have pancakes and maple syrup for breakfast?

I don't care for the pancakes in the Horizon Court. They seem like something you might buy frozen and nuke in the microwave. Little flat discs with an artificial taste. :(

I'm not sure if the pancakes in the MDR are any better, since I've never ordered them there. If I'm going to eat pancakes, I want them to be big and fluffy.

All of the above and sometimes congee (Asian rice porridge). It's ok, but then again, I'm spoiled by all of the buffets living here in Vegas. :cool:

Really, congee?????? Wow, I would be so excited if I saw congee at a buffet. My daughter ate that every day in China and I haven't seen it since we brought her home. We tried to make it at home a couple of times but it just wasn't the same.

I don't care for the pancakes in the Horizon Court. They seem like something you might buy frozen and nuke in the microwave. Little flat discs with an artificial taste. :(

I'm not sure if the pancakes in the MDR are any better, since I've never ordered them there. If I'm going to eat pancakes, I want them to be big and fluffy.

I ate pancakes in the MDR often and they are great. The do not make them 1/2 inch thick and as big as a dinner plate, but they are real pancakes.

Of course, you can eat as many as you want.

I personally really liked them and would have eaten them every day except I know my wife would have complained.:o:D

Yes, but do not expect true maple syrup.

coming from Australia, the maple syrup has to be better than ours and the pancakes no worse than Maccas (McDonalds)

Either way i am sure i will find something i love to eat for breakfast LOL

cheers from Australia

sharon

Made to order omelets everyday have me hooked, I even bring a bunch of Hot sauce packets from Taco Bell along to spice things up. That and the fresh waffles make me a happy cruiser :)

Please note that on some Princess ships (many of the ships we have been on) the omelet station is not in Horizon Court but out at the pool area where pizza is made later in the day (a much better use of the space, imo).

Rachel said it was in the Horizon Court on the Island last month. I didn't see it.

Please note that on some Princess ships (many of the ships we have been on) the omelet station is not in Horizon Court but out at the pool area where pizza is made later in the day (a much better use of the space, imo).

Rachel said it was in the Horizon Court on the Island last month. I didn't see it.

The omelet station has been at the Horizon Court on every Princess ship I've been on. Wouldn't want to run out on deck to get an omelet on a cold morning.

My breakfast at home is cereal, & on my day off, oatmeal mixed with cocoa. I do not apologize for eating hash on a cruise. The turkey/cranberry hash was good this last cruise. Waffles are excellent (w/ no-sugar syrup). You can make a strawberry shortcake out of it, or use preserves creatively.

Steve

We are getting ready to board the Sapphire in a little over a week and I was wondering about some of the food choices at the breakfast buffet. Grapefruit? (I hope, it's my favorite!). Fresh fruit choices? Bagels, lox, oatmeal? Thanks in advance for any info you can share!

Yes to all, except there was lox only some days. My favorite part was that every day they had hollandaise sauce available, next to the poached eggs. I took a muffin or biscuit and put a poached egg on it, then glopped hollandaise on top -- every day!! It was yummy :D

Archived