Horizon Court breakfast

Eschie

We are getting ready to board the Sapphire in a little over a week and I was wondering about some of the food choices at the breakfast buffet. Grapefruit? (I hope, it's my favorite!). Fresh fruit choices? Bagels, lox, oatmeal? Thanks in advance for any info you can share!

LOL, I guess that answers it! Any insight on what types of fruit? I've been dreaming of fresh fruit plates... I am a Mom of school aged kids and am looking forward to someone else cutting up the fruit for a change!

LOL, I guess that answers it! Any insight on what types of fruit? I've been dreaming of fresh fruit plates... I am a Mom of school aged kids and am looking forward to someone else cutting up the fruit for a change!
I love the fruit. They offer cantaloupe, honeydew, and pineapple both cut in chunks and also as a mixed fruit along with watermelon. There's grapefruit, papaya, and other fruit as well. One of my favorite breakfasts is mixed fruit with some cottage cheese.

Sapphire is our FAVORITE ship....but, I digress,

Horizon Court is a favorite breakfast venue. :)

I can't seem to convince my wife to prepare smoked fish, rolls, etc after we get home and there is that recovery period until I am OK with WAWA breakfast sandwiches.

Anyway....European style breakfast, meat slices...heavenly rolls, sweets, oatmeal, grits not so good...unfortunately not too many country cooks on the cooking team. Lots of options of "normal" breakfast...eggs, often with veggies from previous night dinner. Eggs and omelets to order. Juices, dry cereal. On Sappire, in AK often oriental breakfast options as well. Did I mention salmon, capers, onions...I mix mine with the affor-mentioned scrambled eggs.

Enjoy.....

Oh my goodness! Bagels, lox, cream cheese and capers and a plate of fresh fruit! Mommy is going to be a happy girl!:):)

Another ? Can I request fruit/cheese plates at dinner? We are doing late traditional.

Oh my goodness! Bagels, lox, cream cheese and capers and a plate of fresh fruit! Mommy is going to be a happy girl!:):)

Another ? Can I request fruit/cheese plates at dinner? We are doing late traditional.

Yes check with your waiter and the head waiter.

One word - BACON!

I hope you're not referring to the English Bacon floating in a pan of water!

...or the hard, unnaturally flat, tasteless American bacon. Princess just does not know how to cook bacon. The sausage is pretty good however. :)

One word - BACON!

I hope you're not referring to the English Bacon floating in a pan of water!

I hope they have the English bacon on the Grand whe we board tomorrow. I rarely eat meat at breakfast, but I'll eat English bacon every chance I get, preferably not floating in water. I don't recall ever seeing it like that in HC on any ship I've been on.

Pineapple and watermelon!! I guess you can tell I'm a bit excited to have someone else prep and do the dishes, LOL! Thanks all who replied for your help!

Mom, you soooo need a cruise! The buffet breakfast will not disappoint. Have a wonderful time and soak up all of the service...:D

The breakfast in the Horizon Court is fantastic with a multitude of choices, but also consider the Stateroom Breakfast as well. Fill out the card your steward will leave on your bed at night and pick your delivery time. It's sooo wonderful to not have to dress to go eat and you can relax that much longer before leaving for a shore excursion or enjoying a day at sea.

Archived