Cruise Days for On Board Purchases?

VallyD

Kind of a technical question hopefully someone here can answer it...

We are doing an 11nt cruisetour on the Zaandam in May. 7 night cruise and 4 night cruisetour. I understand that we will get cruise credit days for the 4 night cruisetour portion BUT will we be able to to accrue 7 bonus spending days or 11 with our onboard spending bonus? We will be close to the 7 day bonus just with our shore ex and I will be able to make it up to 3 Star Status *if* we can get more than 7 bonus days (I need 17 to make it to three star)

...and no booking a suite for the extra days is not an option. :(

You'll be able to earn up to 11 bonus spending days. We had a 7-day cruise and 6-day cruisetour and earned 8 bonus credits.

I'm not the best at math, so please explain? :o looking at our latest final bill it sure looks to me like they counted the OBC for cruise day credits.

The cruise was 11 days, and we got 17 cruise day credits. We had $400 OBC, and a final bill of $150. So in other words we spent $550 onboard. We pre-paid $745 for excursions, so adding that to the $550, that's $1295, which would equal approximately 4 cruise day credits. I know that each cruise day credit has to be $300 in spending.....6 x 300 is $1800. We didn't have a suite, so no extra credits there. Where did we get the extra 2 cruise day credits if not from the OBC? :confused: We've had the same experience on all our cruises.

Hope you can make sense of this. Now my head is hurting :eek:

It seems that you got Onboard Spend Cruise Day credits for the OBC and again when you spent it on the ship; that does not make too much sense to me since everyone could just buy OBCs to rack up double credits way without spending extra. What is in it for HAL to do that? :confused:

But the workings of Seattle are mysterious ;)

This thread got me thinking that we never checked our Mariner's status since we've been back..We had two Medical bills this trip..Used to be able to get Mariner's status by clicking on: https://mariners.hollandamerica.com

Can't seem to get that to work..Does anyone know if it's changed?

You must log into your account where you will see a link towards the bottom on the left-hand side for "My Mariner Status".

Used to be able to get Mariner's status by clicking on: https://mariners.hollandamerica.com

Can't seem to get that to work..Does anyone know if it's changed?

I see "This connection is untrusted" when I use that url on Firefox and "There is a problem with this website's security certificate" on IE, and didn't proceed. Click here https://www.hollandamerica.com/myAccount/CruiseHistory.action and enter your logon password.

I see "This connection is untrusted" when I use that url on Firefox and "There is a problem with this website's security certificate" on IE, and didn't proceed. Click here https://www.hollandamerica.com/myAccount/CruiseHistory.action and enter your logon password.

If you take the "s" out of the "https" in the original link, you don't get the warning (but it takes you to the Mariner account number lookup instead). :) But I think it's still easiest to just log in to your account and go to your Mariner Status.

But I think it's still easiest to just log in to your account and go to your Mariner Status.
And the link I gave takes you directly to that page once you enter your username and password. One less step.

It seems that you got Onboard Spend Cruise Day credits for the OBC and again when you spent it on the ship; that does not make too much sense to me since everyone could just buy OBCs to rack up double credits way without spending extra. What is in it for HAL to do that? :confused:

But the workings of Seattle are mysterious ;)

Thanks for responding. :) The best part is we never "bought" the OBC, it was from stock ownership, FCC, etc. So no money out of our pocket. And this wasn't the first time, we've had this experience ever since they started the cruise day credits. :)

Thanks for responding. :) The best part is we never "bought" the OBC, it was from stock ownership, FCC, etc. So no money out of our pocket. And this wasn't the first time, we've had this experience ever since they started the cruise day credits. :)

Had your OBC been from money out of your pocket, you would have kept that OBC. It would not have been taken away with the new booking.

Had your OBC been from money out of your pocket, you would have kept that OBC. It would not have been taken away with the new booking.

Can you explain sail7? Sorry I can be a little airheaded

If you purchase the OBC's prior to cruise then they count?

[quote=Boytjie;37934833]You must log into your account where you will see a link towards the bottom on the left-hand side for "My Mariner Status".

Thanks Peter, but still can't get it..Tried again..All I get is

"There is a problem with this WEB sites Security Clearance"

The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website. "

I'm getting a new PC hopefully this week,,I'll try again when I get that..

Cheers...Betty

I have actually sent an email to HAL requesting more information on how it works with OBC but I have just gotten the same info that is posted on the web site; I am waiting to see if they will repond again to my repsonse to their response. :)

I have actually sent an email to HAL requesting more information on how it works with OBC but I have just gotten the same info that is posted on the web site; I am waiting to see if they will repond again to my repsonse to their response. :)

Let us know what you hear, I hope you get a better response than what is posted on the web site.

That's exactly what I received by trying to go on the WEB site directly...

If you take the "s" out of the "https" in the original link, you don't get the warning (but it takes you to the Mariner account number lookup instead). :) But I think it's still easiest to just log in to your account and go to your Mariner Status.

Thanks Peter, took your advice, Logged in & then got our Mariner status..

We received 14 days extra credit for on-board spending..Forgot what we purchased in advance, but know the OBC from HAL for paying in full by May 31, the OBC for our broken Air Cond., OBC from our TA, OBC for the stock, plus Prepaid Grat's which HAL included for paying by May 31 all counted..:D:D

Pretty nice so now we only need 174 more days to reach 5 star..Have no idea if we will ever reach 5 star & don't even know what 5 star means..

Cheers..:)Betty

That's exactly what I received by trying to go on the WEB site directly...

Thanks Peter, took your advice, Logged in & then got our Mariner status..

We received 14 days extra credit for on-board spending..Forgot what we purchased in advance, but know the OBC from HAL for paying in full by May 31, the OBC for our broken Air Cond., OBC from our TA, OBC for the stock, plus Prepaid Grat's which HAL included for paying by May 31 all counted..:D:D

Pretty nice so now we only need 174 more days to reach 5 star..Have no idea if we will ever reach 5 star & don't even know what 5 star means..

Cheers..:)Betty

Betty,

Five Star = 500 days.

It includes bonus days as well as actual sail days vs.

Medallion Mariner Program that only counts the actual days

on ship (and land tour in Alaska).

Have no idea if we will ever reach 5 star & don't even know what 5 star means..

It means you get:

2 dinners at the Pinnacle Grill without charge :D

a visit to the spa without charge :D

100 Internet minutes at half price :D

a Culinary Arts lesson without charge.

It means you get:

2 dinners at the Pinnacle Grill without charge :D

a visit to the spa without charge :D

100 Internet minutes at half price :D

a Culinary Arts lesson without charge.

Thanks Ruth..It will take us a lot of time to get to 5 star..Looks like the 100 Internet minutes at half price is gone now..

Cheers...:)Betty

You'll be able to earn up to 11 bonus spending days. We had a 7-day cruise and 6-day cruisetour and earned 8 bonus credits.

Thank you!!! This is very exciting news I might be able to make it to 3 star in this one trip! My mom will be so jealous as she is way closer than I am.

Betty,

Five Star = 500 days.

It includes bonus days as well as actual sail days vs.

Medallion Mariner Program that only counts the actual days

on ship (and land tour in Alaska).

Thank you too Sail..Sorry, didn't mean to ignore your answering post..

Cheers..Betty

Archived