Summit Aqua Class Deck 9

cheriberi

We are considering upgrading to Aqua class on our upcoming Summit southern caribbean cruise but noticed the Aqua cabins are all on Deck 9, just below the pool and buffet. I was always under the impression that the cabins below these areas can be noisy and are, therefore, not recommended. For those who have stayed in Aqua cabins on the Summit I would appreciate your advice.

Thank you!

We are considering upgrading to Aqua class on our upcoming Summit southern caribbean cruise but noticed the Aqua cabins are all on Deck 9, just below the pool and buffet. I was always under the impression that the cabins below these areas can be noisy and are, therefore, not recommended. For those who have stayed in Aqua cabins on the Summit I would appreciate your advice.

Thank you!

We were cabin 9054 last week and heard no such noise. You will probably need to get away from the deck areas above to guarantee a noise free room.

Thank you!

There are also Aqua Class cabins on Deck 11, I think there really nice, well located for us, and quiet. We will be in 1138 in a month or so.

Thank you!

I did a lot of research and looked carefully at the deck plans before we booked Aqua Deck 9. I narrowed my search to Aqua Cabins 9125-9137 and 9106-9116. I picked 9131 and it was a very quiet cabin with no noise from above.

We were in 9108 which we liked. We heard hard footsteps once. I also noticed the faint odor of cookies baking on several occasions.

Hi Joy2Day: We are booked on the Summit June 2-9 and are in Aqua cabin 9108. Good to hear you only heard hard footsteps once. I think we can handle the aroma of cookies baking!! Can you share any specific details of 9108, for instance was the cabin in good shape, how about the balcony, did you have a lot of shade? When I looked at the deck plan it appeared that 9108 was just below the entrance to the buffet dining area. Would love to see photos if you wish to share as well. Thanks in advance. We are getting more anxious as our time is coming close.

Hi Joy2Day: We are booked on the Summit June 2-9 and are in Aqua cabin 9108. Good to hear you only heard hard footsteps once. I think we can handle the aroma of cookies baking!! Can you share any specific details of 9108, for instance was the cabin in good shape, how about the balcony, did you have a lot of shade? When I looked at the deck plan it appeared that 9108 was just below the entrance to the buffet dining area. Would love to see photos if you wish to share as well. Thanks in advance. We are getting more anxious as our time is coming close.

We don't have any photos of the room sorry. The balcony was shady and the wood rails were refinished/replaced during our Jan 26 cruise. This was our first Celebrity cruise (and only my second balcony) out of 16 cruises total for me. The balcony was smaller than the Eurodam. With a port-intensive cruise, we weren't out there that much, though.

We found it humorous that there was a pair of binoculars in a Princess Cruises case on the shelves in our room.

We were in 9108 which we liked. We heard hard footsteps once. I also noticed the faint odor of cookies baking on several occasions.

To me, this might be worse than footsteps, because it would cause ME to make footsteps up to the buffet to get myself some cookies :-)

I really wish there was an M class thread like there is for S class, to compile all this great cabin data for the M class.

We had 9070 and we could hear the moving of furniture in the early morning. If you were sleeping I doubt that it would wake you.

The balconies are rather shallow so there are no foot rest in AQ on that deck. The cabins weren't really refurbed during the Soltilsizing. All they did was add the shower panel and shower door, the rooms were tired.

The only benefit is dining in Blu. If the cost is reasonable it may be worth the upgrade but we have found that the MDR is just as good and in some instances better. The last time in Blu when the chef came around we asked the difference between that and the MDR and he said that Blu is a clean cuisine, being that they use olive oil instead of butter, not as many fried dishes and etc.

The food itself comes from the same source.

I did a lot of research and looked carefully at the deck plans before we booked Aqua Deck 9. I narrowed my search to Aqua Cabins 9125-9137 and 9106-9116. I picked 9131 and it was a very quiet cabin with no noise from above.

If 9125 is still available, take it! I had it on the Millennium and the space between the support beams is further apart, giving a nicer view!

We don't have any photos of the room sorry. The balcony was shady and the wood rails were refinished/replaced during our Jan 26 cruise. This was our first Celebrity cruise (and only my second balcony) out of 16 cruises total for me. The balcony was smaller than the Eurodam. With a port-intensive cruise, we weren't out there that much, though.

We found it humorous that there was a pair of binoculars in a Princess Cruises case on the shelves in our room.

Thanks for your reply and appreciate your comments regarding the wood balcony rails. Can fully understand with a port intensive itinerary you don't spend much time in cabin or balcony. We have been on several cruises, most recently with Azamara, the balcony there was sufficient size perhaps a bit smaller than Summit, however, for 2 people it's adequate. We enjoy more shade on balcony where we can read and snooze quietly and enjoy being on pool deck for sun and activity. We also bring our own binoculars. Looking forward to a relaxing time sailing to Bermuda!

We have cabin 9038. Does anyone know if the balcony will get any sun with the overhang? Sure hope so!! It looks like the balcony is a little bigger too! The cabin is under the spa, think there will be a lot of noise?

The balcony will be larger, as it is angled out. Because of the overhang, it will be mostly shaded, except for the small area that is the angle. I would think that being under the spa would be much quieter than being under the pool area. Have a great cruise!

There are also Aqua Class cabins on Deck 11, I think there really nice, well located for us, and quiet. We will be in 1138 in a month or so.

See you in a month. Gordon and I will be on the Summit then also. This is our first time with Celebrity and the first time in Aqua. We have cabin 9058. Can hardly wait.:)

See you in a month. Gordon and I will be on the Summit then also. This is our first time with Celebrity and the first time in Aqua. We have cabin 9058. Can hardly wait.:)

If you are talking about the 12 May 2013 cruise you may want to check out the Roll Call for this cruise and sign up for the Celebrity Connections (Meet and Mingle) Party. You can find our Roll Call here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1700280&page=14

You will love Celebrity and Aqua; especially Blu. Welcome aboard.

I have never done the roll call. Do I just add my name at the bottom. I am not very good at these threads. Hope I put everything in the right spot. Have tried and tried to put a countdown. Just can't get it up there.:confused:

I have never done the roll call. Do I just add my name at the bottom. I am not very good at these threads. Hope I put everything in the right spot. Have tried and tried to put a countdown. Just can't get it up there.:confused:

Just click on this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1700280&page=14

it will take you to the Roll Call board. Introduce yourself with a post and we will help you do the rest

• 5 months later...

Thank you!

Hi I was in an Aqua Class last December. I did not notice any noise. I have rebooked the same class cabin for Feb..

Archived