Revitalization program - Giant movie Screens

Are these giant outdoor 'movie' screens that are being fitted during the revitalization program on most ships a good or bad thing?

Personally I didn't like them on the Princess Ships and feel that Royal Caribbean don't need to add them....?

:confused:

Our last 2 cruises were on Princess ships and to me it was annoyingly loud in the pool area under the outdoor screen. Sometimes I just want to relax for a bit at the pool on a sea day. One afternoon there was a very loud concert video on the screen while at the other main pool there was some sort of race going on. Fortunately on that ship there was a tiny terrace pool on the back of the ship that was very peaceful. I'm OK with the movie screen as long as the sound is kept at a reasonable volume so that non-movie watchers can still enjoy some peaceful time at the pool - and/or as long as there is an alternate pool for just chillin'.

I am not a fan of the big screens by pool, however the last time I was on the Freedom it was not very intrusive and I had no problem with it. On the other hand one time we were already docked in Cozumel and a Carnie barge was just docking at around 8:30 in the AM. The big screen TV was so loud playing some unidentifiable salsa it would put a Chicken Bus or a Red Devil Bus in a state of envy. I could not get away from it on an open deck and I was not even on the same ship! In that case not good!

I never noticed anything offensive about the big screen on Freedom. It was never played loud and obnoxious.

Interesting - I had the opposite reaction - I found it loud AND obnoxious on Freedom.

I didn't mind the movies - it was the music videos that annoyed me. Of course, I'm an old fuddy-duddy!

Interesting - I had the opposite reaction - I found it loud AND obnoxious on Freedom.

Sorry to hear that :( Must have been your cruise only then. :confused: There are currently 4 others on different Freedom cruises in this thread echoing my statement.

I would not have enjoyed it if it were loud like Ive heard about Carnival and Princess!

Sorry to hear that :( Must have been your cruise only then. :confused: There are currently 4 others on different Freedom cruises in this thread echoing my statement.

I would not have enjoyed it if it were loud like Ive heard about Carnival and Princess!

Five! We've done Carnival, Princess, and Royal with big screens. Unlike Carnival and Princess, I never saw loud music videos on Freedom of the Seas. Carnival Destiny was hands down the worst.

Curious as to what they would play during our October Canada/NE cruise; not too many people laying by the pool wanting loud music! :-)

Let's see, Cocoon? The Odd Couple? The Sunshine Boys? 1940s MTV? (That would be fine with me)

On the Mariner OTS, the movie sound is not as loud as the live pool band, but it is louder than the recorded music the ship used to have. But I like the live pool band so I'm not complaining about the volume.

Archived