Has Princess abandoned Brooklyn

MarvKirsch

I was on that CB cruise that left early to outrun Irene. We had to park at a hotel in Brooklyn because the cruise terminal is in Flood Zone A and: no parking. The cruise left a few hours early and airports and trains had been closed for hours so we had a nice empty ship ;). We rocked and rolled quite a bit and missed Saint John but it was BY FAR the best cruise I have ever been on. I would sail Princess again in a heartbeat. Unfortunately I have to sail during the summer- that cruise was the end of August- so the late September sailings don't do me much good...

I am not seeing anything except fall cruises out of Brooklyn...nothing for summer true?

Sailed out of Brooklyn 4 times....three for a 9 day...and then there was Sandy...THANK GOD for CC boards that warned us against parking there...last minute two car drop offs saved our vehicles.....it was not emailed to any of us from Princess...

Bernadette

I am not seeing anything except fall cruises out of Brooklyn...nothing for summer true?

Sailed out of Brooklyn 4 times....three for a 9 day...and then there was Sandy...THANK GOD for CC boards that warned us against parking there...last minute two car drop offs saved our vehicles.....it was not emailed to any of us from Princess...

Bernadette

Bernadette

Hi Bernadette! So, are you going to do the repo this year? Great time was had by all last year!

Maureen

We are doing the repo this year and we were on the 4 day Sandy cruise last year.

Hi MoonPet - I look forward to seeing you in October. Despite the fact that we did nothing we were supposed to do on the 4 day (actually 6) Sandy cruise, I had the best time! Naturally, I had a lot of apprehension about being away from home (the Jersey shore), but since I could call my daughter as often as I wanted, it helped a lot. Were you at the Halloween party?

Come on over to our roll call. It's a bit slow.

Maureen

Hi MoonPet - I look forward to seeing you in October. Despite the fact that we did nothing we were supposed to do on the 4 day (actually 6) Sandy cruise, I had the best time! Naturally, I had a lot of apprehension about being away from home (the Jersey shore), but since I could call my daughter as often as I wanted, it helped a lot. Were you at the Halloween party?

Come on over to our roll call. It's a bit slow.

Maureen

No, we weren't at the Halloween Party but did see the kids trick or treating around the ship. Will definitely head over to the roll call!

• 8 months later...

Brooklyn pier is used quite a bit for Canada NE cruises

As a visitor to NYC, I preferred the Manhattan pier. There is nothing close to the Brooklyn pier and the taxis are pretty expensive to get out of the area (and the area is less than desired IMO). At least with Manhattan, everything is pretty close.

I think Princess will continue to primarily use the Brooklyn pier for the fall cruises.

Edited by Coral

Is it my imagination or has Princess abandoned the Brooklyn Port? Looking at 2013 there are only 7 day cruises, and quite frankly, not that many.[/quote

Try celebrity out of nj. Princess lost my business and orhers who liked bklyn

Ships always sailed full. Poor business decision IMO

Would love to see Princess out of either Baltimore or Norfolk. I know the Governor of Virginia has talked Carnival to coming back to Norfolk. By cruising out of Norfolk instead of Baltimore Princess would save all the transit time down the Bay. Plus they would get a huge area of customers that are just dying for drive up cruise trips.

Took one trip out of Baltimore and just loved that fact it was only a 3 hour drive but did not like the Carnival Pride compared to Princess ships.

Will never take another cruise out of New York for again numerous reasons.

Edited by Potstech

The average fare from Brooklyn was fairly low for the caribbean and the onboard spend not as much as they got other places, that's the long and short of it.

Disney had the same issues. Ship sailed full, but not at high revenues

Is it my imagination or has Princess abandoned the Brooklyn Port? Looking at 2013 there are only 7 day cruises, and quite frankly, not that many.[/quote

Try celebrity out of nj. Princess lost my business and orhers who liked bklyn

Ships always sailed full. Poor business decision IMO

Princess typically uses the Red Hook Brooklyn terminal, but if a Cunard liner is in town, Princess will be bumped to Manhattan. They also use the Manhattan terminal when the stop is a port of call...

As for the 9-day cruises to the Caribbean (we did two of those!), they may have sailed full, but for very cheap prices...I don't think that the yields were sufficient to justify them staying. Maybe they'll come back as the fleet grows...:)