Gem Question

dmrrn73

I was wondering about the Blue Lagoon on the Gem. Is it a sit down place with a waiter, or a food court/counter service type place? I have seen info about this restaurant on other ships but I'm not sure if it is the same on the Gem.

You can also order food to go if you want something from Blue Lagoon's menu that isn't available on the room service menu.

WOW thanks for this. Didn't know we could do this. We have a butler but don't expect to realy use him, he comes with the cabin :). This will be great, we eat small meals so after the show or dancing we can just pick something up and take it back to our cabin. I think we may like NCL. Weird I'm finding out things I never found out in 08 on the Dream. Maybe that was a smaller ship. Less than 4 a month and we will find out.

The Blue Lagoon has a diner / snack food menu but if it's not too difficult they can be talked into making you other things. Since they offered cheese burgers & BLTs I was able to convince them to make me a grilled cheese sandwich with bacon. :)

There's also a self serve coffee / tea station that few people use.

Every night before me and my grand daughter went to bed with sat at the Blue Lagoon (our cabin was on that floor). They had great entertainment there. Also, I loved the food. That was the only place I noticed they had potato chips. This time we will be in a suite and I still will like to hang out there for the live bands...(Jewel had Fire & Ice).

Great place for a breakfast instead of the buffet. I love the tomato soup! Great to get wings after a show, or really late night coffee and desert. If there is a show going on down below, it can get really packed.

We stopped our fist early pre dawn morning looking for a fruit plate for dd as we waited for sunrise. The waitress, Joann, sent down to buffet for a nice plate to be made up.

I think this is one of my favorite places to eat for the day, besides dining room for dinner.

After hearing almost nothing good about the Blue Lagoon prior to our April 2012 cruise, I was leary about trying it. My husband and teen son stopped one night however and got wings. They raved about them and also about how nice the server (Dino) was.

We ended up going for wings every night after. And asked for Dino each night. By halfway through the cruise he greeted all of us by name, new the mojito I loved, and brought over extra snacks without even being asked. He was actually the only NCL employee we gave extra tips to.

We also tried lunch one day and the tuna salad was good and my daughter liked the lasagna.

We love the BL. Every night my DD's would go there after their night out and get soup before turning in. I love their wings and I am not a big wing fan. We have eaten a late lunch there when we get back to the ship after a day out. We have never been disappointed. It was closed on our cruise to nowhere. It was one of the things we were looking forward to!!!

Never tried them, but several posters have mentioned the cheesecake with blueberry or strawberry topping and the chocolate nut brownie sundae at the Blue Lagoon and they are supposed to be open 23 hours out of a 24 hour day. I have seen vegetarian lasagne on their dinner menu.

After hearing almost nothing good about the Blue Lagoon prior to our April 2012 cruise, I was leary about trying it. My husband and teen son stopped one night however and got wings. They raved about them and also about how nice the server (Dino) was.

We ended up going for wings every night after. And asked for Dino each night. By halfway through the cruise he greeted all of us by name, new the mojito I loved, and brought over extra snacks without even being asked. He was actually the only NCL employee we gave extra tips to.

We also tried lunch one day and the tuna salad was good and my daughter liked the lasagna.

Lasagna? Uh oh, we're sunk!

Archived