Anyone dream you are on a cruise

I had the most wonderful sleep and dream last night. I think it was because I was reading a "live from Jewel of the seas" post. We are leaving for the Jewel in less than two weeks now. It felt like I was on the ship. I dreamed I was eating the chocolate cookies with e macadamia nits and chocolate chip cookies. I could see the colors vividly and as well as taste and smell them. I dreamed of being in bed in the cabin. I remember thinking this cruise is passing by much too quickly. I felt like three days just flew by then I thought in a panic that I forgot to pack my bags the night before. Then I dreamed it is Monday and we have until Thursday. I got so excited I woke myself up. I was so depressed to figure out it was just a wonderful dream. Talk about feeling so real. It has me thinking about packing now.

All the time!

My problem is that my warped brain adds something bizarre to go and mess the whole thing up, so I rarely to enjoy the experience. A few nights ago I was on a shore excursion on a train touring the perimeter of an island (yup. Bizarre). A local handed me a coconut and when I didn't offer him any money dozens of locals pelted the train with coconuts :rolleyes:. I can also recall having a dream this week where I was waiting under one of those RCCL tour excursion tents waiting for a bus to take us to the ship...the problem was there were people waiting for tons of different ships all getting on buses and I couldn't figure out which bus to get on to get me to the ship before it sailed...I woke up quite stressed and didn't even get to enjoy any ship for a few minutes before I did :rolleyes:.

SO...dream about ships... check!:D

I dream about cruising also. And, something weird always happens. Seems to involve stairs most of the time and just getting on the ship.

A few days ago the original Titanic with Barbara Stanwyck was on. I had never seen it before (or the new one with Leonardo what's his name). I am sure that will trigger something weird too.

I had the most wonderful sleep and dream last night. I think it was because I was reading a "live from Jewel of the seas" post. We are leaving for the Jewel in less than two weeks now. It felt like I was on the ship. I dreamed I was eating the chocolate cookies with e macadamia nits and chocolate chip cookies. I could see the colors vividly and as well as taste and smell them. I dreamed of being in bed in the cabin. I remember thinking this cruise is passing by much too quickly. I felt like three days just flew by then I thought in a panic that I forgot to pack my bags the night before. Then I dreamed it is Monday and we have until Thursday. I got so excited I woke myself up. I was so depressed to figure out it was just a wonderful dream. Talk about feeling so real. It has me thinking about packing now.

Lord, I hope there are no macadamia nits in your future. Lol.

Seriously, though, I rarely dream of cruising but I often use thoughts of cruising to help me fall asleep. Is that weird??

I dream about cruising also. And, something weird always happens. Seems to involve stairs most of the time and just getting on the ship.

A few days ago the original Titanic with Barbara Stanwyck was on. I had never seen it before (or the new one with Leonardo what's his name). I am sure that will trigger something weird too.

That reminds me, I had a dream a few nights ago about being on Oasis leaving Fort Lauderdale and grasping onto the rails because it was so windy on the way back from the muster drill. I thought I was blowing overboard.

Then we were leaving a port. It was a Caribbean port, except my car and house were there. Don't ask- I don't understand, either! I was driving in a hurry to get back to the ship before it left port. I missed it and it was gone when I got to the dock, my gorgeous loft suite was sailing away without me.

Thanks for this thread, now I realize how ridiculous my dreams are :eek:

Yes, I have had dreams where not only have I forgotten my luggage, i also 'realize' that I missed most of the cruise.

Why is it that we all have such weird dreams about cruises?? I too have had the running down the down missing the ship, or getting on board and realizing I forgot my luggage dreams. Why not a nice relaxing, enjoying the ship where everything goes well dream.

Guess to many hours here on CC hearing all the horror stories ;).

All the time!

My problem is that my warped brain adds something bizarre to go and mess the whole thing up, so I rarely to enjoy the experience. A few nights ago I was on a shore excursion on a train touring the perimeter of an island (yup. Bizarre). A local handed me a coconut and when I didn't offer him any money dozens of locals pelted the train with coconuts :rolleyes:. I can also recall having a dream this week where I was waiting under one of those RCCL tour excursion tents waiting for a bus to take us to the ship...the problem was there were people waiting for tons of different ships all getting on buses and I couldn't figure out which bus to get on to get me to the ship before it sailed...I woke up quite stressed and didn't even get to enjoy any ship for a few minutes before I did :rolleyes:.

SO...dream about ships... check!:D

Raptor's DW here :) I dream about cruising all the time and it was not until last week that I actually had a HAPPY cruise dream. Before that it was always about us forgetting our passports, missing the ship, missing the plane, can't find our room once we are on the ship or the absolute worst dream is when we go to ride the Flowrider and it is no longer there :eek:, or doesn't work or they have turned it into a slide. Very weird dreams, but yes, I do dream about cruising :D

I haven't even been on a cruise yet and I've still dreamed about it. We were happily sailing along and the boat was overrun by pirates. After initial panic it was determined that they were friendly pirates and would be acting as bartenders and only offering rum (not my favorite) for the rest of the cruise.

I took it as a sign to stop reading so many photo reviews at one time :)

My recurring cruise dream (with variations) is that I can find my cabin and I don't remember the cabin #.

I also had a dream where my husband and I were in a suite (we are balcony people -- never done a suite before), and it had a full kitchen in it with full-sized appliances (stove, refrigerator, dish washer); my brother and SIL were also on this dream cruise with us (odd, because my SIL said she would never go on another cruise). They also had a suite also with full-sized appliances.

Last cruise dream I had included the dreaded forgotten passport. We were at the dream port of New Orleans (wandering around cargo containers) at 6:00am when I realized I didn't have it. Was going to call my son and have him drive it down from Memphis! However, my real-world persona realized I was only dreaming and didn't need my passport yet.

about once a week I dream that we miss the ship. The worst ones are when we miss the ship in-port, but those are rarer than missing the ship from the origination port. Also a couple where we'd forgotten some important documentation.

The last one I had we hated the ship we were on. No wait, that wasn't the last one. The last one we met my parents on the dock and they went on some little dinky river cruise or something and we were waiting to get on the Allure and we saw it sailing away from the dock but all the people in charge comforted us telling us that they were simply turning around so they could dock on the other side... weird stuff. But yes, we all do this, and I have no idea why.

I had a dream a while ago that we were on the Allure and I was running around in a bikini looking for my stateroom - and couldn't find it. I realized this was actually a pleasant dream because I looked pretty darn good in that bikini!:D Any of you who know me knows that my days of wearing a bikini are long gone.:eek:

I call these my pre-cruise nightmares and I usually have them in the few weeks leading up to departure date. They range anywhere from forgotten passports to not being able to find my cabin, or the "you can't get there from here" syndrome, which usually (in reality) doesn't happen on RCL ships because they are easy to navigate. The last one that I had was even more bizarre.....after FINALLY finding our cabin we were woken the next morning by a couple walking in (with all their luggage, btw) and when I asked what they were doing there they said they were told that's how they got to their cabin. And then I noticed a door in the side wall, like in connecting cabins, but this was their only door to get to their cabin. And if this wasn't bad enough, when I got up and was going to go out on our balcony I could see the balcony but there was no door to get out there! Maybe that was in the other people's cabin......

I think I just need to stop sleeping before my next cruise!

Sometimes it feels like I have a different life that I drift off to when I go to sleep. I constantly dream about cruising. Very detailed.

Like others, I dream about having an odd cabin...sometimes the location is confusing. I might have to go down several sets of stairs just to get to my cabin...and it is somehow situated as if it is hanging over the side of the ship.

I too dream about missing the ship. I had one very detailed dream and I was in a shuttle and we were stuck in traffic on a bridge and I could see our ship, The Jewel, pulling away from port. I can still see it exactly as I dreamed about it. It was at night and the Jewel was very pretty and lit up and I was in a panic to try and get to her.

I dream frequently about taking friends or family on a cruise and showing them around the ship. There is usually an indoor pool on the same deck as the Royal Promenade. (actually not a bad idea). And we go from one restaurant to another.

Glad to hear I am not the only who has these recurring dreams. I have had them for years and years.

I saw a special once on PBS and a dream researcher stated his theory...dreams help us solve problems in advance of them happening. Kind of like practicing what we would do when a difficult problem arises.

Perhaps that explains so many dreams about forgetting passports, missing the ship, etc.

Very interesting for sure.

Will this picture help hyzaze7e.jpg

As soon as you get a suitcase out this happens.

Hope you dream the next part tonight

:)

We have two kitties that do this exact same thing!!! They get their hair everywhere... grrrr! :p

To the OP, yes, I have cruise dreams every so often. When I wake up it's "Aww shucks, I thought that was real."

Oh my, I have so many dreams about being on a cruise! Last year, leading up to the Allure sailing, I would have them regularly, usually involving the cruise flying by and not doing all of the things I want to do. Or, some were better....it was early in the cruise and I still had lots of time to enjoy it.

And now, they are starting again, for the Oasis sailing in November. But that is fine, because a dream about a cruise is better than a dream about anything else.

Stacy

I sit and watch the Webcams as the ships pull out of Port in Fla and wished I was on there with them. Then I think of past cruises and good times... :rolleyes: Its about then my wife will yell at me and ask why Im not cutting the grass. I reply by telling her... I will do it as soon as I get back from the Windjammer honey....:D

In January while on the Mariner I had a dream we were at the piano bar and a friend of mine from middle school was there....we hugged and I asked him why he didn't take better care of himself....he shrugged his shoulders and then he was gone....my friend passed away from Aids in 1996....that night I dreamt of him was his birthday....I didn't know that until I came back home and reached out to his brother....I told him of the dream and the week I was on the cruise...he then asked if the night was January 11th....the night of Johns 47th birthday, and it was! I like to think he visited me special that night....

Bonnie

Archived