CCL Stock onboard credit?

suzyed

The woman I spoke to yesterday morning said they will no longer accept email for security reasons. Even though I had previously faxed it and was concerned about refaxing it again, she said that was the only way they will accept them now.

I emailed mine! Wonder where she got her information? :confused:

The woman I spoke to yesterday morning said they will no longer accept email for security reasons. Even though I had previously faxed it and was concerned about refaxing it again, she said that was the only way they will accept them now.

I emailed mine in last week and it was applied in 4 days. What "woman" did you speak to? CCL reps are clueless. Every time I call, they put me on hold to "ask a supervisor" cause they can't answer questions or do anything other than basic booking procedures.

I emailed mine in last week and it was applied in 4 days. What "woman" did you speak to? CCL reps are clueless. Every time I call, they put me on hold to "ask a supervisor" cause they can't answer questions or do anything other than basic booking procedures.

I called the department directly that handles the Stockholders credits. She said she did receive my email last week but nothing was attached. You would think they would have responded to me but didn't.

It wasn't the general 800# so I faxed it as she suggested and it was applied within a few hours.

Hubby and I own stock jointly, both names on the brokerage statement. We have booked 2 cabins for our next cruise with one parent and one child in each. Does anyone know if we can get ob credit for BOTH cabins, or is it limited to one?

Thansks

I called the department directly that handles the Stockholders credits. She said she did receive my email last week but nothing was attached. You would think they would have responded to me but didn't.

It wasn't the general 800# so I faxed it as she suggested and it was applied within a few hours.

That does not surprise me. I called, and was told they had the fax from my stockbroker. When no credit showed up months later, I called again, and was told that the fax was deleted because my account number was mistakenly left on the fax. They could have called or e-mailed me to let me know, but did not.

I had it sent to them again, and now have an e-mail confirmation that the credit will show up on our S&S card. But, not letting customers know when there is a problem like you had or I had is not an acceptable business practice.

That does not surprise me. I called, and was told they had the fax from my stockbroker. When no credit showed up months later, I called again, and was told that the fax was deleted because my account number was mistakenly left on the fax. They could have called or e-mailed me to let me know, but did not.

I had it sent to them again, and now have an e-mail confirmation that the credit will show up on our S&S card. But, not letting customers know when there is a problem like you had or I had is not an acceptable business practice.

I agree. Is it so hard to reply to the email and say the attachments were missing. I could have attached them in 5 minutes and sent them back to save me from calling them. You would think with the number of calls and hold times lately they would prefer to deal with emails.

I must have emailed mine a couple of weeks ago. I waited until I had my 3/31 statement.

I go online, print my statement to pdf; delete all pages that they don't need; black out everything other than my name and address, the last 4 digits of the acct number, and everything else other than the CCL holdings.

I received a reply email saying it was accepted within a couple of hours! I was amazed. It usually has taken at least a few days.

I emailed and faxed mine for both of my upcoming cruises and received an e-mail that stated:

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

This is just a quick auto reply to let you know that we've received your email. We're happy to look into your inquiry and get back to you as soon as we can. Just to let you know, depending on the circumstances, it may sometimes take us 7-10 days to respond.

Thank you for your patience; we value your business and appreciate this opportunity to assist.

Sincerely,

Carnival Cruise Lines

Please do not reply to this email as the mailbox is not monitored.

I then received via e-mail the next day:

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING YOUR SHAREHOLDER ON BOARD CREDIT

Thank you for providing us with the required documentation in order to process your shareholder on board credit. The credit has been applied to your reservation and will be posted on your sail and sign account.

We value your business and hope that you will enjoy a fun and memorable cruise with us.

Sincerely,

Digna Alvarez

Guest Administration Coordinator

Carnival Cruise Lines | 3655 NW 87th Avenue | Miami, FL 33178 |

800-438-6744

iCare@carnival.com

Firefly - we are still newbies to the ways of Carnival. Ref the stock OBC does this need to go thru a broker? we purchase our own thru Charles Schwab without the middle man, but at this time I do not have enough shares to get an OBC - just wanted to know if a statement from our Charles Schwab account will be good enough when the time comes. By the way this is a great Carnival deal! Thanks~~ Fran D - still a newbie :)

Firefly - we are still newbies to the ways of Carnival. Ref the stock OBC does this need to go thru a broker? we purchase our own thru Charles Schwab without the middle man, but at this time I do not have enough shares to get an OBC - just wanted to know if a statement from our Charles Schwab account will be good enough when the time comes. By the way this is a great Carnival deal! Thanks~~ Fran D - still a newbie :)

yes, it doesnt matter how you own them, or who you bought them thru. I used etrade .. charles schwab same same, a online broker, just fine.

I think its a great benefit myself.

I go online and get a pdf file copy of my online statement and just email it to them. attach the pdf file to the email. never yet had a problem. Im old .. so I dont have access to a fax machine.

I emailed mine to guestadmin@carnival.com but as I stated, they told me they are no longer accepting emails. Please come back and let us know if they process yours since there are conflicting stories here on the boards.

I emailed to guestadmin on Monday and other than the automatic response, I did not hear anything from them by Thursday. Thursday night, I used one of the online free fax services to send a fax to Carnival at the published number. The process was essentially the same as sending an email. Friday afternoon I received the email indicating they had credited my account. Can only assume it was the fax that got the credit and that the email was ignored.

• 1 month later...
Has anyone tried the e-mail route lately? Seems like some confusion during this thread to fax or email. We sail in a month and I want to do it correctly. Thanks.

FAX is a better method for ensuring it gets done.

There are several on line FAX services that are as easy to use as an email.

Hubby and I own stock jointly, both names on the brokerage statement. We have booked 2 cabins for our next cruise with one parent and one child in each. Does anyone know if we can get ob credit for BOTH cabins, or is it limited to one?

Thansks

Yes you can do this. DH faxed the statement twice, each with a separate cover letter. One had my booking info and the other had his. The OBC moved with him when he switched rooms from his b-i-l to mine.

Thansks

You would need 200 shares if you want it applied to two cabins.

You would need 200 shares if you want it applied to two cabins.

Not in our experiences.

Our stocks are jointly owned. When we booked each of us in a separate cabin, we faxed two cover letters, each with its own booking number and copy of our stock statement. We have done this twice already-one for a four day to Canada and one for a seven day to the Caribbean. We received OBC for both cabins. Once on board, we went to Guest Services and switched my DH into our cabin and our friend into her and her DH's cabin. The OBC remained on my DH's S&S account.

I booked a cruise on 5/26 to leave on 6/6. On 5/29, I emailed my proof of stock ownership to the email guestadmin email. Later that same day, I received an email back stating that my OBC had been applied. It does appear on my invoice on the Carnival website. So as of 5/29,13, email still works for the process.

Not in our experiences.

Our stocks are jointly owned. When we booked each of us in a separate cabin, we faxed two cover letters, each with its own booking number and copy of our stock statement. We have done this twice already-one for a four day to Canada and one for a seven day to the Caribbean. We received OBC for both cabins. Once on board, we went to Guest Services and switched my DH into our cabin and our friend into her and her DH's cabin. The OBC remained on my DH's S&S account.

So.. you only own 100 shares of Carnival stock yet got OBC for both rooms??? We have 2 rooms booked later in the year and would love to do this.

FAX is a better method for ensuring it gets done.

There are several on line FAX services that are as easy to use as an email.

It may be your OPINION that FAX is better, but I hope you dont think everyone else has to agree.

I like email because I put in the email, please reply back when the OBC is added, which they do and then I print the email to take on my cruise in case there is a problem.

How you can say FAX is BETTER .. it may be as good or almost as good .. but better? makes no logical sense to me.

I like email because they reply to my email saying the OBC is added so I can print it out. If you prefer FAX thats fine to, each to his own I say.. but to post FAXing is better?? ok .. whatever.

So.. you only own 100 shares of Carnival stock yet got OBC for both rooms??? We have 2 rooms booked later in the year and would love to do this.

There used to be a prohibitation against doing this. It said the stock could not be owned jointly.

I notice currently the old wording is gone and its no longer prohibited. Maybe trying to argue about joint accounts got to be too much of a pain?

If you use outlook for your e-mail you can fax from outlook you don’t need a fax machine.

Don't think that's possible unless you have a service that does it? Standard email and outlook will not fax a document.

I just have my PVP do it when I book he has it on file..he did 3 thru September and confirmed the next day. Of course he also does my price drops as well. I have tried to catch him off guard but he always says already at that rate or I get an OBC email. So I return the favor when booking and say this is the date,ship and room for this rate. We barely chat or have a need to.

Archived