Canada New England 2014

Shogun

I don't know the answer to your question and I am certainly not trying to change the topic. But, since you are considering New England/Canada cruises, when you make your decision, think about "Peak Foliage". If you have not seen the colors, they are magnificent. Here in Portland Maine I would advise sailing the last week in Sept or first week in October. There is a great chance you will encounter peak colors from Quebec City to Boston during these times. I love the fall here and often go down to the pier when the ships come in just to see them as they loom over the Old Port in Portland. If you ever see a women with the biggest Great Dane you have ever seen, say hello.

Hi Donder1

Have been before thats why we want to go back,

as to time we will book the last ship out of Quebec and go b2b so we end

up in the Caribbean, however we will spend a few days in Quebec first.

Last time we start off in the snow, and as we travelled south we

saw the changes, Maine was past its best for colour but still very nice,

yours Shogun

Hi All

I see Canada and New England cruises are going on sale the 21rst of May,

we will be able to view them the day before, is this not later than in other years.

yours Shogun

Thanks for the info! Saves me checking Princess.com every few days.

I don't know the answer to your question and I am certainly not trying to change the topic. But, since you are considering New England/Canada cruises, when you make your decision, think about "Peak Foliage". If you have not seen the colors, they are magnificent. Here in Portland Maine I would advise sailing the last week in Sept or first week in October. There is a great chance you will encounter peak colors from Quebec City to Boston during these times. I love the fall here and often go down to the pier when the ships come in just to see them as they loom over the Old Port in Portland. If you ever see a women with the biggest Great Dane you have ever seen, say hello.

Is that a picture of your great dane in your signature? He's as big as a horse!! :p:D

Hi Twinkstarr,

Wish Princess would publish this type of info, so we can plan things, do not need prices.

yours Shogun

Looks like the Royal & Ruby will be doing the Canada/NE trips, since their TA's end in NYC. At least that's how it looks to me.

I need the schedule also, trying to plan anything with my sister is :eek:. Just planning a long weekend this fall with her is taking more effort than I put into a week long trip with Hubby & the boys.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All

I see Canada and New England cruises are going on sale the 21rst of May,

we will be able to view them the day before, is this not later than in other years.

yours Shogun

Where did you find info on the sale?

We planned our New England/Canada cruise for the second week of August 2002 hoping to get peak colors. Fall was late that year and we saw hardly any (except for one maple tree in Halifax that had started changing earlier than the rest).

I had posted this schedule when I recevied it from my TA on April 20. Scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see he Canada/New England cruises listed. They are not yet available for booking as you know nor will you be able to see them on the Princess site.

Yes....It is the Royal and the Ruby doing them

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/ProgramReleases/2014-15AmericasSailingSchedFareChart-041813.pdf

Hi There whatcruiseisnext

Saw it when you posted it great heads up info,

sent an e mail to Princess UK quoting cruise numbers

saying wanted to do Ruby and then swith to Royal

so could do a Quebec to Caribbean cruise,

they came back asking how I knew numbers as they were not released in UK

just now watching a great programme about Nelsons Dock Yard in English Harbour

yours Shogun

I had posted this schedule when I recevied it from my TA on April 20. Scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see he Canada/New England cruises listed. They are not yet available for booking as you know nor will you be able to see them on the Princess site.

Yes....It is the Royal and the Ruby doing them

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/ProgramReleases/2014-15AmericasSailingSchedFareChart-041813.pdf

I saw and appreciated your heads up post! I was disappointed to see they won't be doing the 14 day version next year - I was ready to book it!

Donder1 from Portland Maine How cold is it late Sept when the foilage peaks? I am from Florida. I have never seen a good snow fall. I get cold easily. Always wanted to do the Canada/New England cruise. Does it rain a lot at that time?

I have gone 2x and missed fall colors both times (except 1 day). One cruise was October 15th and we were too early for every port. The next cruise was about a week later (repo from Quebec to FLL). We were late for fall foliage North of Boston (hit snow in Quebec), hit fall colors perfectly on Halloween in Boston and then South of Boston, we were early.

I would give up on trying to hit colors and try to go for good weather which is probably as difficult to predict as fall colors :)

Glad to see that the Caribbean itineraries of Princess are getting better in 2014/15!! :)

Ruby Princess offers two really appealing Eastern Caribbean and one interesting Western Caribbean itinerary! :)

Sadly Princess' Canada/NE season starts so late! Would be great to see a Princess ship in Canada/NE in lalte Aug. or mid of September!!

But the itinerary o Ruby P. looks great! :)

Archived