Hotel near Bayonne Port

flipflop1

Free car service? No. (although you can get a package that includes a shuttle to the port from Country Inn and Suites, but you're paying for it).

You could try the Hilton Garden Inn or Hampton Inn in Staten Island, two adjacent hotels that offer free shuttle service to/from Cape Liberty, as well as free shuttle service between the hotels and EWR, if you happen to be flying in for your cruise.

The only hotel that offers "free" transportation to the port is the Hampton Inn on Staten Island. Other hotels which offer transportation charge you for it by making you buy a cruise package. The transportation provided is all shuttles, not a private car service.

Gives more details about what you're thinking. I live in Mass and have sailed many times on the EX. I almost stayed at the Hampton Inn one year, but it was extra turnpike and bridge tolls to get there plus it would have added at least another half hour onto an already long trip back to Mass.

Good Morning....does anyone know of a hotel near the Bayonne Port that offers free car service to the port. Leaving on the Explorer of the Seas 4/10/14. Thanks in advance

We use the Westin (great food and wines) - Hotel is just a sone throw from the port - No free shuttle - But leave the Hotel for the port after 14.00 hours - There is one road into the dock and it gets a massive road block -

PS - On last visit some Westin guests said they would walk! - Do not know how they got on!

We use the Westin (great food and wines) - Hotel is just a sone throw from the port - No free shuttle - But leave the Hotel for the port after 14.00 hours - There is one road into the dock and it gets a massive road block -

PS - On last visit some Westin guests said they would walk! - Do not know how they got on!

I may be confused...but I seem to recall that the nearest Westin Hotel to Cape Liberty is about 10 miles away in Jersey City...hardly a "stone's throw", and I definitely wouldn't leave for the port after 2pm, because if you're on a ship with a 4pm departure, you have to be checked in by 2:30.

I may be confused...but I seem to recall that the nearest Westin Hotel to Cape Liberty is about 10 miles away in Jersey City...hardly a "stone's throw", and I definitely wouldn't leave for the port after 2pm, because if you're on a ship with a 4pm departure, you have to be checked in by 2:30.

Stand corrected - I got confused with Tampa

For Bayone we stayed at the Sheraton

We booked hotel and up to 14 days parking through Stay123.com. Accommodations are at the Crowne Plaza in Elizabeth, NJ (undergoing major renovations at the moment). Parking is secure. Cost is $159. Have reserved a car service to/from pier @$20/couple (we are two couples cruising together) through Independent Driver. Found favorable reviews on CC.

We booked hotel and up to 14 days parking through Stay123.com. Accommodations are at the Crowne Plaza in Elizabeth, NJ (undergoing major renovations at the moment). Parking is secure. Cost is $159. Have reserved a car service to/from pier @$20/couple (we are two couples cruising together) through Independent Driver. Found favorable reviews on CC.

be advised that the CP is a royal pain to get to unless you're REALLY paying attention (do not count on GPS...get printed directions..)

it's NOT usually a hotel we suggest..it isn't bad, but as i said, hard to get to ...and I am up in that area a few times a month.....

The stay/park package at Country Inn was sold out. At least the Crowne will be completely renovated by the time we cruise. Will take your advice and bring printed directions -- hate our GPS, it is always sending us in the wrong direction.:eek:

Archived