Medallion Level?

ExDean

Just received a "congratulations" email from Princess about our eligibility for Medallion level. Big deal! Our upcoming cruise would have given us Platinum level, but not now. We now have to take one more cruise to attain platinum. Not critical, but disappointing - definitely NOT exciting. Preferred check-in and internet credits will now have to wait. Looks like princess is going the way of the airlines and downgrading frequent cruise benefits.

Based on your cruise history, you will now be eligible for exciting new benefits, including:Upgrade to Princess Platinum Vacation Protection (when purchasing the base plan)**spacer.gif-Double benefits for Accident & Sickness Medical Expense and

Baggage/Personal Effects coverage-Increases Special Cancellation Credit Feature to 100%10% discount off the purchase of our Reflections DVD onboard†

Exclusive shoreside access to the Captain’s Circle Help Desk phone line (U.S. and Canadian Members 800-788-1699)Medallion Member Pin (request from your Captain’s Circle Host during your next sailing!)

Just received a "congratulations" email from Princess about our eligibility for Medallion level. Big deal! Our upcoming cruise would have given us Platinum level, but not now. We now have to take one more cruise to attain platinum. Not critical, but disappointing - definitely NOT exciting. Preferred check-in and internet credits will now have to wait. Looks like princess is going the way of the airlines and downgrading frequent cruise benefits.

Based on your cruise history, you will now be eligible for exciting new benefits, including:Upgrade to Princess Platinum Vacation Protection (when purchasing the base plan)**spacer.gif-Double benefits for Accident & Sickness Medical Expense and

Baggage/Personal Effects coverage-Increases Special Cancellation Credit Feature to 100%10% discount off the purchase of our Reflections DVD onboard†

Exclusive shoreside access to the Captain’s Circle Help Desk phone line (U.S. and Canadian Members 800-788-1699)Medallion Member Pin (request from your Captain’s Circle Host during your next sailing!)

Hmmm, it shouldn't effect when you become Platinum. I don't think anything has changed - after the 5th cruise you become Platinum. We just got back from our 5th and they delivered our new cards to our room on the last day of the cruise. We were excited!

Hmmm' date=' it shouldn't effect when you become Platinum. I don't think anything has changed - after the 5th cruise you become Platinum. We just got back from our 5th and they delivered our new cards to our room on the last day of the cruise. We were excited![/quote']

Hi Fellow cruisers: Congratulations on your platinum level. We are on the Golden in a couple weeks. Did they deliver your new medallion card the last day or a new platinum level card? Haven't been on princess for quite a few years and on most other lines where we are platinum,emerald or diamond you get your new level on your next booking. Thanks in advance for any info. Bob & Nancy The Villages Florida:):):)

Hi Fellow cruisers: Congratulations on your platinum level. We are on the Golden in a couple weeks. Did they deliver your new medallion card the last day or a new platinum level card? Haven't been on princess for quite a few years and on most other lines where we are platinum,emerald or diamond you get your new level on your next booking. Thanks in advance for any info. Bob & Nancy The Villages Florida:):):)

I'm not sure what you mean by medallion card. I'm guessing that's what we received. It wasn't a card to use. We got a letter, our pins and the platinum cards - not room key card. :confused: Now we can't wait to book our next cruise!

Hope I answered your question...

You will get a new card if you qualify for a new level at the end of the cruise. Will you be completing your 5th Princess cruise or your 50th night on a Princess ship? If so, you will get a Platinum card and welcome packet at the end of the cruise.

Just received a "congratulations" email from Princess about our eligibility for Medallion level. Big deal! Our upcoming cruise would have given us Platinum level, but not now. We now have to take one more cruise to attain platinum. Not critical, but disappointing - definitely NOT exciting. Preferred check-in and internet credits will now have to wait. Looks like princess is going the way of the airlines and downgrading frequent cruise benefits.r excins DVD onboard†

I really don't understand your being upset with this. They didn't downgrade you at all, they actually upgraded you with an intermediate category. Now, you'll get the platinum insurance upgrade 3 cruises earlier than you would have otherwise gotten it. You'll also get the 10% discount on the DVD 3 cruises earlier than you would have otherwise gotten it.

You still only have to get past your 5th cruise to make Platinum - that hasn't changed at all. Now, on your 6th cruise, you'll be Platinum; before now, on your 6th cruise, you'd be Platinum.

You haven't lost anything. You've gained a few things.

They have just taken the Gold category and split it into two categories. Those who have completed one or two Princess cruisecredits and less than 30 days will remain in the Gold category with the same perks they "enjoy" today.

Those who have completed 3 or 4 Princess Cruise credits and/or 30 thru 49 days will be moved to the new Medallion level.

As in the past anyone with at least 5 and less that 15 cruise credits and between 50 and 149 days on Princess will continue to be in Platinum.

The perks for Gold and Platinum did not change.

The perks for the new level appear to be the free upgrade to the better insurance, if you purchase the base insurance from Princess and a 10% discount on the Reflection DVDs.

Nothing has been taken away. Some who fall in the new category will get the benefit of the new perks others will pass on the opportunity.

Thanks for all your info. We will complete our 5th on the golden may19th.Wasn't sure about new cards being sent the last day of the cruise , as never had that on any other line, and if you were able to use the platinum cards to disembark on the last morning or just symbolic cards to show next level. Smooth seas and pleasant days at sea. Bob & Nancy The Villages Florida. The 100,00 plus Disney world for seniors.

As we head toward a third booking with Princess, the incentive of some additional OBC for booking by 5/30 which is offered in the Medallion email is attractive. Will we figure out which cruise is next and book by then? Not sure!

Guess I missed something -- my Medallion e-mail contains no mention of additional OBC for booking another cruise........

As we head toward a third booking with Princess, the incentive of some additional OBC for booking by 5/30 which is offered in the Medallion email is attractive. Will we figure out which cruise is next and book by then? Not sure!

Hmmm...I must be missing something here. I am reading the Medallion email my dh received and can't find on it where there is an incentive of additional obc if booked by 5/30.

Where exactly is that stated in the email?

Hmmm...I must be missing something here. I am reading the Medallion email my dh received and can't find on it where there is an incentive of additional obc if booked by 5/30.

Where exactly is that stated in the email?

Email has a purple-ish banner on the top that starts with "Introducing: The Medallion Level", and within that banner, a white box that states "Plus: A Special Offer For Your Next Cruise!"

We have 2 cruises, 20 days on Princess. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Email has a purple-ish banner on the top that starts with "Introducing: The Medallion Level", and within that banner, a white box that states "Plus: A Special Offer For Your Next Cruise!"

We have 2 cruises, 20 days on Princess. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Well dh's email does not have the little white box with the special offer.:( Guess not every one got the special offer off on their cruise if booked by May 30th. And here I was ready to book.

The days shouldn't make a difference. He has 21 days and 3 cruises.

Here is what ours looks like:

Medallion_header.gif

Well dh's email does not have the little white box with the special offer.:( Guess not every one got the special offer on their cruise. And here I was ready to book.

The days shouldn't make a difference. He has 21 days and 3 cruises.

There is text that states: "Because we want to see you take advantage of our exciting new Medallion Members benefits as soon as possible..."

It goes on to offer $100 reduced deposit (big deal :rolleyes:) and then OBC up to $100 per qualifying passenger (balcony level and above, $200 limit per stateroom).

The additional OBC is always appealing, right?

There is text that states: "Because we want to see you take advantage of our exciting new Medallion Members benefits as soon as possible..."

It goes on to offer $100 reduced deposit (big deal :rolleyes:) and then OBC up to $100 per qualifying passenger (balcony level and above, $200 limit per stateroom).

The additional OBC is always appealing, right?

Well, reduced deposit no big deal lol. Not a great obc either.

Thanks for the info.

Well, reduced deposit and since I don't do balcony's then no big deal lol.

Thanks for the info.

But, $50 per person, $100 stateroom limit OBC for int/OV you would like, right?

That's in there too! I say ask for it! :D

ALSO: we purchased FCC on our last cruise

No wording of "Because we want to see you take advantage..." on my email message or a little white box. Could be because we're already booked? My reading of new Platinum level (eff. 4/15/13) is you achieve it after your 6th cruise (6th to 15th cruise) this vs. Platinum after your 5th. Looks like after our next cruise we'll go over the 51 day level and get a "status" increase.

The reduced deposit is no big deal -- got that with my FCC for a 2014 cruise. Wouldn't turn down more OBC though ---

There really isn't much for me in this new level. The bigger deal for me is that I'll be platinum after my next cruise -- and looking forward to the internet minutes -- and priority boarding. :D As I read the e-mail, this hasn't changed -- you're platinum beginning with your 6th cruise.

Hey, I didn't even get the email! I am Medallion, with 4 cruises completed and my 5th coming up in July. My Cruise Personalizer shows that I'm Medallion and I got the upgrade to my insurance, but no email. I even checked my "junk" folder and it's not there either. Good thing I read everything on Cruise Critic so I know about that valuable 10% discount on Reflections. :rolleyes:

Archived