Medallion Level?

ExDean

One more question: With regards to the offer ... can someone please give me the "exact" wording of the offer. I want to write a complaint and want to be sure I have all the facts before I do. Thanks.

As a Gold Member of the Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle,® you are fast approaching a whole new tier for Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle Members—the Medallion Level!

And because we want to see you take advantage of our exciting new Medallion Member benefits as soon as possible, we’re offering you a $100 reduced deposit on the next cruise you book before May 30, 2013—plus an onboard credit of up to $100 per qualifying passenger.*

Interior/Oceanview staterooms $100 per stateroom ($50 per person) Balcony staterooms and above $200 per stateroom ($100 per person) Our new Medallion Level of Membership is for Members sailing on their 4th or 5th voyage (or their 31st - 50th cruise day with Princess), and helps you earn new benefits faster than before. Benefits at the Medallion Level include:

Upgrade to Princess Platinum Vacation Protection (when purchasing the base plan)**

- Double benefits for Accident & Sickness Medical Expense and

Baggage/Personal Effects coverage - Increases Special Cancellation Credit Feature to 100% 10% discount off the purchase of our Reflections DVD onboard†

Exclusive shoreside access to the Captain’s Circle Help Desk phone line Medallion Member Pin

Those eligible to be recognized at the Medallion tier will start receiving Medallion benefits on voyages embarking on or after April 15, 2013. Be sure to have your Member Number handy when you book your next cruise, but hurry—the special reduced deposit and future cruise credit can only be claimed on bookings made before May 30, 2013! Please note, that we no longer issue Captain's Circle cards as your status is recognized with only your Member Number. If you have questions about Princess Cruises Medallion Level, please contact your Travel Agent or call 1-800-PRINCESS.

The more you sail with Princess Cruises,® the more our Captain’s Circle helps you escape completely. ®

* $100 USD per stateroom ($50 per person) on Interior/Oceanview staterooms and $200 per stateroom ($100 per person) on Balcony Stateroom and above in onboard spending. Bookings must be made by May 30, 2013 and sail by December 31, 2014. The onboard cruise credit is valid on all voyages 7 days and longer. Reduced deposit will be $100 per person (based on double occupancy). For the World Cruise and 45+ day segments, the deposit will be 5% of the cruise fare. The offer expires on May 30, 2013. Third & Fourth berth guests will not be eligible for this offer. Passengers with single occupancy will receive the per stateroom credit amount. Onboard spending money may be used on a single voyage only, is not redeemable for cash and expires at the end of that voyage. Offer is not transferable and may not be combinable with other select offers or other onboard credits. Onboard spending money is quoted in U.S. dollars. Offer is for new bookings only and is not combinable with Interline, Travel Agent or Friends & Family rates. Offer is combinable with Group amenities and count toward Terms and Conditions. Offer is also combinable with Cruise Sales. Reference promotion code: PE3MS031D

Members are eligible for a higher level on the next cruise following of necessary cruises and or cruise days. Land portion of cruise tour does not apply.

** Upgrade to Princess Platinum Vacation Protection – With purchase of standard Princess Vacation Protection. Available to U.S. and Canadian resident Members booked in North America only.

10% discount off the purchase of our Reflections DVD onboard. Where applicable. Cannot be combined with any other promotion. World Cruises excluded.

My reading of new Platinum level (eff. 4/15/13) is you achieve it after your 6th cruise (6th to 15th cruise) this vs. Platinum after your 5th. Looks like after our next cruise we'll go over the 51 day level and get a "status" increase.

I completed my 5th cruise with Princess in October and became Platinum. Since the introduction of this new captain circle's tier, I am still Platinum. I think you are reading it wrong.

As a Gold Member of the Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle,® you are fast approaching a whole new tier for Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle Members—the Medallion Level!

And because we want to see you take advantage of our exciting new Medallion Member benefits as soon as possible, we’re offering you a $100 reduced deposit on the next cruise you book before May 30, 2013—plus an onboard credit of up to $100 per qualifying passenger.*

Interior/Oceanview staterooms $100 per stateroom ($50 per person) Balcony staterooms and above $200 per stateroom ($100 per person) Our new Medallion Level of Membership is for Members sailing on their 4th or 5th voyage (or their 31st - 50th cruise day with Princess), and helps you earn new benefits faster than before. Benefits at the Medallion Level include:

Upgrade to Princess Platinum Vacation Protection (when purchasing the base plan)**

- Double benefits for Accident & Sickness Medical Expense and

Baggage/Personal Effects coverage - Increases Special Cancellation Credit Feature to 100% 10% discount off the purchase of our Reflections DVD onboard†

Exclusive shoreside access to the Captain’s Circle Help Desk phone line Medallion Member Pin

Those eligible to be recognized at the Medallion tier will start receiving Medallion benefits on voyages embarking on or after April 15, 2013. Be sure to have your Member Number handy when you book your next cruise, but hurry—the special reduced deposit and future cruise credit can only be claimed on bookings made before May 30, 2013! Please note, that we no longer issue Captain's Circle cards as your status is recognized with only your Member Number. If you have questions about Princess Cruises Medallion Level, please contact your Travel Agent or call 1-800-PRINCESS.

The more you sail with Princess Cruises,® the more our Captain’s Circle helps you escape completely. ®

* $100 USD per stateroom ($50 per person) on Interior/Oceanview staterooms and $200 per stateroom ($100 per person) on Balcony Stateroom and above in onboard spending. Bookings must be made by May 30, 2013 and sail by December 31, 2014. The onboard cruise credit is valid on all voyages 7 days and longer. Reduced deposit will be $100 per person (based on double occupancy). For the World Cruise and 45+ day segments, the deposit will be 5% of the cruise fare. The offer expires on May 30, 2013. Third & Fourth berth guests will not be eligible for this offer. Passengers with single occupancy will receive the per stateroom credit amount. Onboard spending money may be used on a single voyage only, is not redeemable for cash and expires at the end of that voyage. Offer is not transferable and may not be combinable with other select offers or other onboard credits. Onboard spending money is quoted in U.S. dollars. Offer is for new bookings only and is not combinable with Interline, Travel Agent or Friends & Family rates. Offer is combinable with Group amenities and count toward Terms and Conditions. Offer is also combinable with Cruise Sales. Reference promotion code: PE3MS031D

Members are eligible for a higher level on the next cruise following of necessary cruises and or cruise days. Land portion of cruise tour does not apply.

** Upgrade to Princess Platinum Vacation Protection – With purchase of standard Princess Vacation Protection. Available to U.S. and Canadian resident Members booked in North America only.

10% discount off the purchase of our Reflections DVD onboard. Where applicable. Cannot be combined with any other promotion. World Cruises excluded.

Read the fine print and note the PROMOTION CODE. (HINT) :D

Read the fine print and note the PROMOTION CODE. (HINT) :D

Thank you.

Turns out we are not eligible according to the terms ... our cruise is not 7 days or longer. It's 5 as it is a repositioning cruise.

I can accept that rule/guideline ... just irks me tho about the hit and miss on who is given the opportunity instead of all who met a certain requirement.

I noticed that it says you still get internet credit - I thought that was gone? Anyone know?

Platinum and Elite passengers still get an Internet credit, the amount of which depends on the length of the cruise.

What is "gone" is the free Internet that was a benefit for full suite passengers.

I would love to see a level between Platinum and Elite. My husband will be completing his 8th this summer. (he has one more than me) It's a long way to go to 15. If Princess sailed out of NY I would almost be there.

An interim level would be great. Or some add'l OBCs - the way they do with Elites after they hit add'l cruise milestones. We have 8 cruises/91 days, and are booked for 2 more/27 days. It's still such a long way to Elite, and with 10 cruises/118 days, we should get some add'l perk of some sort.

Thank you.

Turns out we are not eligible according to the terms ... our cruise is not 7 days or longer. It's 5 as it is a repositioning cruise.

I can accept that rule/guideline ... just irks me tho about the hit and miss on who is given the opportunity instead of all who met a certain requirement.

In the 15 years that I've been cruising with Princess, and most noticeably lately, it seems that they will not send you special offers/incentives if you're already booked on a cruise. From their perspective, why would they? Agree with you that it's not a "nice" marketing strategy...

In the 15 years that I've been cruising with Princess, and most noticeably lately, it seems that they will not send you special offers/incentives if you're already booked on a cruise. From their perspective, why would they? Agree with you that it's not a "nice" marketing strategy...

If we had been offered the incentive, we may have booked a longer cruise with Princess. What we ended up doing was booking a repositioning cruise with NCL (Los Angeles to Vancouver), will spend a night in Vancouver, then Princess (Vancouver to San Francisco) also a repositioning cruise. So we are cruising about 9 or 10 days total.

In an odd twist, it seems that my wife has magically obtained Medallion status while I'm still at Gold, despite us taking the same cruises (2 for 18 days, 3d booked for 14 days).

Have you checked her cruise history on Princess.com? She may a credit for a mystery cruise

I just checked our email. We have 2 past cruises with Princess so we are "gold". We do not have a future cruise booked with Princess either. We did receive the email announcing the new Medallion status--that we would obtain after our next cruise. We did receive the "special" offer that was noted above in a previous post.

I would recommend anyone that is in the same scenario to use the promotion code:

Offer is combinable with Group amenities and count toward Terms and Conditions. Offer is also combinable with Cruise Sales. Reference promotion code: PE3MS031D

Good for 7 day or longer cruises booked prior to May 30.

• 1 month later...
There is text that states: "Because we want to see you take advantage of our exciting new Medallion Members benefits as soon as possible..."

It goes on to offer $100 reduced deposit (big deal :rolleyes:) and then OBC up to $100 per qualifying passenger (balcony level and above, $200 limit per stateroom).

The additional OBC is always appealing, right?

UPDATE:

Today is the expiration date of the OBC offer I mentioned above. I booked with the usual online TA that I use, but had an agent walk me through everything in case it didn't work properly. It was a good thing that I did!

Princess tried to say that the offer was only to random customers and that only I could have the OBC, not my husband also. Kudos to the TA for making multiple calls and pointing out that the $200 limit offered would cover both of us. The Princess rep agreed.

So, we're booked and getting some very nice OBC, thanks to TA, Medallion Offer, FCC, and a very determined TA who kept at it until we had all of it. Thank you, and a very nice letter is going to your boss!

Was anyone else able to take advantage of this offer?

Archived