2 questions re: Bermuda

cruisingrus

I read on Tripadvisor about a special express bus from Dockyard (no intermediate stops en route) to the public bus stop at Horseshoe beach. Is this true?

Has anyone used an excursion company called Shoreexcursionsgroup? They do the same excursions as Breakaway but less expensive.

Yes, there is express bus service that runs to Horseshoe Bay from Dockyard (just don't ask for a schedule, because I've never seen one ;) ).

I've never heard of the company you've mentioned, but I've never booked a cruise shore excursion in Bermuda either.

The Transportation pass is good on any bus or ferry. It is truly Bermuda's best bargin.

Just a teeny tiny clarification as this is often asked......it is not good for the minibus from St. George up to Tobacco Bay.

Does this express bus pick up at the pier or Horseshoe Bay Rd?

You board the express bus at the same bus stop (near the ferry pier...not the cruise ship pier) that you would use for the regular local buses. There's no street named Horseshoe Bay Rd.

How do you know it is an express bus and where it is headed ?

My recollection is that the route sign on the bus says "Special" as opposed to the normal bus route number/name. (although it could say something else that I've forgotten.)

There's only one express bus route from Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay, so if you're on it, you're on it. You can always ask the bus driver if you're unsure...just remember to exercise the local courtesy of saying "good morning" or "good afternoon" as appropriate when boarding the bus and before asking a question. Most Bermudians are very polite and visitors should respect that.

My recollection is that the route sign on the bus says "Special" as opposed to the normal bus route number/name. (although it could say something else that I've forgotten.)

There's only one express bus route from Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay, so if you're on it, you're on it. You can always ask the bus driver if you're unsure...just remember to exercise the local courtesy of saying "good morning" or "good afternoon" as appropriate when boarding the bus and before asking a question. Most Bermudians are very polite and visitors should respect that.

Thank you -- Are you saying these buses go to many points of interest/tourist stops but dont stop at regular/more local bus stops. Meaning get on one and ride it to the location you are interested in. Or are there certain "special" buses that go to certain places? if so are those locations also posted on the bus?

I appreciate how you and some others "school us" on these basic courtesy's. In the hustle bustle and excitement tourists often forget them. Unfortunately in our fast paced world they are forgotten in many peoples everyday lives as well :/

The only special bus is the one to Horseshoe Beach. When boarding the other buses, after your "Good Morning" greeting, all you have to do is tell the driver you want to get off at say Gibbs Lighthouse. The driver will announce the stop as he approaches. The bus drivers are very helpful. They will tell you which bus to get on to go to certain places. The locals on the bus are very helpful also. All it takes is a polite "Please" and "Thank You."

Maybe the rest of the world should start using these phrases.

Aren't there restrictions on what clothing can be worn on the bus and carry ons?

I heard no swim suits, and no back packs as the buses get crowded and there is not much space for storage. Plus the buses are there for and used by the residents for their transportation to work, school and etc. and they don't want the seats to get wet or filthy.

Aren't there restrictions on what clothing can be worn on the bus and carry ons?

I heard no swim suits, and no back packs as the buses get crowded and there is not much space for storage. Plus the buses are there for and used by the residents for their transportation to work, school and etc. and they don't want the seats to get wet or filthy.

Yes you should be respectful of the driver and of the people who use the buses everyday. Guys should have at least a T shirt (girls a cover-up), and swim trunks are OK as long as you're not wet and sandy. There is a storage bin at the front where you put any snorkel hear or other items.

Just use common sense and leave the seat like you would like to find it and you'll be just fine.

Archived