If you used eZAir, check your reservations

K D cruiser

I'm not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but I wanted to alert anyone who booked their flights with eZAir to check your reservation with your airline.

I booked my flights last week and paid off my cruise and air in full to lock in the great price on the great flights I found on eZAir. After I booked the flights, I checked the United site and was able to choose the seats. The reservation did say it was not ticketed and would be held until midnight of that day.

I checked back a few days later and the reservation was still there, still saying not ticketed, but again would be held until midnight of that day. When I checked today, United showed that I did not even have a reservation.

I called Princess and after checking, they discovered that United's computer had cancelled my reservations. The air dept at Princess had to call United and have the original flights reinstated. I then had to choose the seats again.

I plan to check United everyday to make sure this doesn't happen again. Even after the flights had been cancelled, they still showed up on my Personalizer.

Just wanted to alert everyone to keep an eye on your flights until they're ticketed.

I'm not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but I wanted to alert anyone who booked their flights with eZAir to check your reservation with your airline.

I booked my flights last week and paid off my cruise and air in full to lock in the great price on the great flights I found on eZAir. After I booked the flights, I checked the United site and was able to choose the seats. The reservation did say it was not ticketed and would be held until midnight of that day.

I checked back a few days later and the reservation was still there, still saying not ticketed, but again would be held until midnight of that day. When I checked today, United showed that I did not even have a reservation.

I called Princess and after checking, they discovered that United's computer had cancelled my reservations. The air dept at Princess had to call United and have the original flights reinstated. I then had to choose the seats again.

I plan to check United everyday to make sure this doesn't happen again. Even after the flights had been cancelled, they still showed up on my Personalizer.

Just wanted to alert everyone to keep an eye on your flights until they're ticketed.

Cathay Pacific to Singapore last year. When it was rebooked the seat I had reserved had been taken so I had to get another one.On the flexi flites Princess only reserves them within a certain time frame but it was past the frame of the airline.

Another time I chose Cathay Pacific but Princess had changed on my Cruise Personalizer to Japan Airlines.So they had to rebook with Cathay Pacific.

It happened again today. I went to United.com and found out that the flights that had been reinstated yesterday had been cancelled again. I called Princess and they had to call United again to have the flights reinstated.

The CSR at Princess then asked if I would like a form to request Early "Flexible Fares" Air ticketing. Apparently you can ask that your flights be ticketed now instead of waiting until 45 days out.

She e-mailed the form to me and I filled it out and faxed it back. You do have to have the immigration information completed on your Personalizer and have your booking paid in full. You also have to check that "once the Flexible Air tickets are issued, any changes may result in cancellation of the air booking with fees being up to the full cost of the air ticket."

I don't see us making any changes, so we should be OK. I hope that once the reservation is ticketed, United will quit cancelling it.

I don't know if anyone has had a problem like this, or if it's just the United computer. I'll report back what happens.

It happened again today. I went to United.com and found out that the flights that had been reinstated yesterday had been cancelled again. I called Princess and they had to call United again to have the flights reinstated.

The CSR at Princess then asked if I would like a form to request Early "Flexible Fares" Air ticketing. Apparently you can ask that your flights be ticketed now instead of waiting until 45 days out.

She e-mailed the form to me and I filled it out and faxed it back. You do have to have the immigration information completed on your Personalizer and have your booking paid in full. You also have to check that "once the Flexible Air tickets are issued, any changes may result in cancellation of the air booking with fees being up to the full cost of the air ticket."

I don't see us making any changes, so we should be OK. I hope that once the reservation is ticketed, United will quit cancelling it.

I don't know if anyone has had a problem like this, or if it's just the United computer. I'll report back what happens.

I'm curious to how it plays out for you.

WE "paid in full" the same day we faxed back the aforementioned form .

Since Princess received the "form" earlier/before they received the final payment, we had to resend the form.

I asked Princess why we could not book our seats.

Princess agreed that they received the form, but since they received the form BEFORE they received final payment,

we were non-compliant.

Rules are rules. :):(

So far, so good for us. We booked EzAir Flexible flights on Delta and United last November for a cruise this October. We have selected our seats on five different flights.

I check the Personalizer and United and Delta web sites regularly and have seen no change in price or seating yet.

As promised, I'm reporting back what happened. On Saturday, after United cancelled the reservations again, I faxed the form to Princess to have my eZAir reservations ticketed early.

On Sunday, United cancelled the reservations again and I called Princess again and asked them to look for the form that I had faxed on Saturday. They found it and called United again and today, my reservation is showing as confirmed and ticketed.

So, I hope this solves the problem. Just wanted to let others know that this form is available in case anyone else is having a problem with their airline cancelling their eZAir reservations because they are not ticketed until 45 days from the cruise.

As promised, I'm reporting back what happened. On Saturday, after United cancelled the reservations again, I faxed the form to Princess to have my eZAir reservations ticketed early.

On Sunday, United cancelled the reservations again and I called Princess again and asked them to look for the form that I had faxed on Saturday. They found it and called United again and today, my reservation is showing as confirmed and ticketed.

So, I hope this solves the problem. Just wanted to let others know that this form is available in case anyone else is having a problem with their airline cancelling their eZAir reservations because they are not ticketed until 45 days from the cruise.

Now that you paid, did you reserve your seats?

WE paid so we could get "better" seating.

It worked.:)

Yes, I did select our seats and even paid extra for the "economy plus" seating, since it's an almost 10 hour flight.

But, I just received two e-mails from my travel agent saying there has been a change in flights. One showed our original flights and the other showed a change to an earlier flight time that I do not want because that would only give us 45 minutes between flights, which I already know is not doable.

I checked our reservation on United.com again and it is not showing any change, nor is there a change on our Princess personalizer.

So, I'll just wait until I find a change on United. Our original flight is still showing as available, so I assume that United has not eliminated this flight from their schedule...yet.

More fun and games.

Thanks for posting this. It made me double-check our reservations and wow, when I went to United, my 12Noon flight out of Vancouver was changed to 2:15 which puts in San Francisco at 4:17. Trouble is our connecting flight leaves at 4pm.

Called Princess and they said everything looked like the original on their system, so I said well I was on the United web site looking at a 2:15 departure. She said that someone from EZ Air would be contacting me, but did not know when for sure................

Crazy how they do stuff like this and no one notifies anyone................

Thanks for posting this. It made me double-check our reservations and wow, when I went to United, my 12Noon flight out of Vancouver was changed to 2:15 which puts in San Francisco at 4:17. Trouble is our connecting flight leaves at 4pm.

Called Princess and they said everything looked like the original on their system, so I said well I was on the United web site looking at a 2:15 departure. She said that someone from EZ Air would be contacting me, but did not know when for sure................

Crazy how they do stuff like this and no one notifies anyone................

I was nervous about booking the eZAir for this very reason, that the flights we chose might be changed to less desirable ones after we paid for the flights. In our case, the new flight, which was available for me to book in the first place but I chose not to because there is only forty-five minutes between planes. We might make it, but what about our bags? That's just too close for comfort.

Checked on our flights today and everything looks good. There was a couple of minor time changes, but our seat selection and flights were still there. Not sure if it matters, but we booked restricted flights and had to pay for them the day we made the reservations, even though we have not made final payment for the cruise yet.

Checked on our flights today and everything looks good. There was a couple of minor time changes, but our seat selection and flights were still there. Not sure if it matters, but we booked restricted flights and had to pay for them the day we made the reservations, even though we have not made final payment for the cruise yet.

Yes, us, too. We paid at the time the flights were booked. Glad to hear all is well with yours. If I don't hear back in about a week, I think I will call again.

Same for us ... Delta ... I was able to app,y our skymiles account and choose seats on the same day I purchased. There were a couple of emails from Delta about minor time changes ... My concern now is delays due to the budget cuts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same for us ... Delta ... I was able to app,y our skymiles account and choose seats on the same day I purchased.

One detail about Delta with EZ Air. Depending on the class of ticket you end up with, you get only a percentage of the miles you would normally get if you book on the Delta webpage.

Percentage of miles credited for each class of ticket from Delta's Skymile page on unpublished fares:

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/skymiles/earn-miles/earn-miles-with-special-fares.html

Economy - S, H (3)

75%

75%

Discounted Economy - Q, K, L

50%

50%

Deeply Discounted Economy - U, T, X, V, E (4)

25%

25%

One detail about Delta with EZ Air. Depending on the class of ticket you end up with, you get only a percentage of the miles you would normally get if you book on the Delta webpage.

Percentage of miles credited for each class of ticket from Delta's Skymile page on unpublished fares:

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/skymiles/earn-miles/earn-miles-with-special-fares.html

Economy - S, H (3)

75%

75%

Discounted Economy - Q, K, L

50%

50%

Deeply Discounted Economy - U, T, X, V, E (4)

25%

25%

Thanks but I don't normally fly much so it's not worth it to me to pay more to get a higher number of points. I couldn't match or get near $265 per person NYC/ANC and YVR/NYC without the Princess EZAir and their $250 off.

I did get the Delta Amex card though for free baggage and a 30000 point bonus for spending $$ on the card.

I booked the air with Princess for our Oct flights and paid in full for cruise and air in Feb. I did this so I would lock in the price and be able to pick our seats. The flights are with American Airlines and had no problem with the return flight from Miami to Chicago - got seats. The problem is with the flight to London. Flight is booked with AA and they code share with British Air and am not able to choose seats until 45 days out. It is a flexible flight reservation and because it is a code share (not booked directly with British Air) we can't get seats. I've talked to both airlines and Princess many times. I wonder what seats will be left for us 45 days out. :mad:

I booked the air with Princess for our Oct flights and paid in full for cruise and air in Feb. I did this so I would lock in the price and be able to pick our seats. The flights are with American Airlines and had no problem with the return flight from Miami to Chicago - got seats. The problem is with the flight to London. Flight is booked with AA and they code share with British Air and am not able to choose seats until 45 days out. It is a flexible flight reservation and because it is a code share (not booked directly with British Air) we can't get seats. I've talked to both airlines and Princess many times. I wonder what seats will be left for us 45 days out. :mad:

Have you asked Princess about having your reservations ticketed early? Maybe that would make a difference. I didn't even know that was an option until the Princess rep suggested it when United kept cancelling our reservations because they weren't ticketed.

KD - thanks for the response. The problem for me is that once we get ticketed, we can't change or cancel without a fee and I wanted to have that flexibility. My friend also booked air with Princess and has BA, but she was able to get seats since her tickets are booked directly with BA rather than first with AA.

Hornet,

We are cruising with you on your Sept 10, 2014 Royal. Join the roll call, already started. Will be great seeing you again.(sailed with you on Caribbean Princess).

Gloria - We're looking forward to sailing with you and Lew again and I have been following the roll call. I just haven't taken the time to join the roll call yet...but I will.

Archived