Quest Antartica Sailings

Thecat123

We have just received a flyer from Seabourne and have noticed that some sailings now have a $1000 OBC and a veranda upgrade

Would I be correct in thinking that these sailings aren't filling and would there be a reason for this?

Also could these offers be transferred to a booking when one has already paid the deposit?

We are new to Seabourne and just thinking that maybe them is just the breaks :)

Cancel that

TA just told us that is for the top suites only

M/S Seabourn Quest

From 11/Dec/2013 to 07/March/14

Just had a look and the top suites are virtually all gone.

A couple of OW and GR left

Tons of PH (Avg 7)

and

PS (Avg4) (what are they ?)

V6 @ V5 Tons of them

M/S Seabourn Quest

Tons of PH (Avg 7)

and

V6 @ V5 Tons of them

That surprises me with "tons" left

We had the impression that these cruises would sell out quickly so we got in quickly and paid the deposit

Every long time cruiser who we have met highly recommends Antartica as the best cruise they have ever done thats why we are going

M/S Seabourn Quest

Tons of PH (Avg 7)

and

V6 @ V5 Tons of them

There aren't "tons" of PH to begin with. Highly recommend a PH for any cruise.

PS are probably the new penthouse spa suites which they are installing on the Quest during its dry dock. Personally, I wouldn't take a sailing that doesn't stop at St. George Island as it's the most scenic part of Antarctica. I'm don't know for sure but I'd bet the sailings with the $1000 OBC do not stop there.

PS are probably the new penthouse spa suites which they are installing on the Quest during its dry dock. Personally, I wouldn't take a sailing that doesn't stop at St. George Island as it's the most scenic part of Antarctica. I'm don't know for sure but I'd bet the sailings with the $1000 OBC do not stop there.

We did look at St. George Island but that would have cost us about another NZ$ 7100 which we thought was a bit high just to see the island. I think at the moment if we were to fly business class the airfare is about NZ$ 18 grand. The veranda suites are from US$ 13 grand each which works out about NZ$ 18 grand each so its kinda expensive for us Kiwis

We have booked a V2 for Jan 4th sailing and looking forward to it

That surprises me with "tons" left

We had the impression that these cruises would sell out quickly so we got in quickly and paid the deposit

Every long time cruiser who we have met highly recommends Antartica as the best cruise they have ever done thats why we are going

In actual fact there are probably a lot more PH left than I stated.

What I am looking at is I think is how many out there for travel agents at the moment

Just had a look at Quest . Jul - Aug 2014

Stockholm to Copenhagen

Copenhagen - Norwegian Fjords - Copenhagen

Copenhagen to Dover

Dover - Transatlantic - Montreal

and it is very similar

All the good suites gone

Tons of PH / V6 etc

PS out of the 16 suites for these 4 cruises 14 are still available.

If they are showing seven of most of these cabins/Suites how many

are really up for grabs ??

In actual fact there are probably a lot more PH left than I stated.

What I am looking at is I think is how many out there for travel agents at the moment

Just had a look at Quest . Jul - Aug 2014

Stockholm to Copenhagen

Copenhagen - Norwegian Fjords - Copenhagen

Copenhagen to Dover

Dover - Transatlantic - Montreal

and it is very similar

All the good suites gone

Tons of PH / V6 etc

PS out of the 16 suites for these 4 cruises 14 are still available.

If they are showing seven of most of these cabins/Suites how many

are really up for grabs ??

Where do you find that information on suites that are available?

We had a superb time in New Zealand. The scenery was quite resplendent. We went up to Arthurs Pass and had lovely weather and we were lucky with the weather in the Fjords.

As the thread was regarding the Antarctic / South Georgia ,hence my comment!

Kind regards,

Tony

We had a superb time in New Zealand. The scenery was quite resplendent. We went up to Arthurs Pass and had lovely weather and we were lucky with the weather in the Fjords.

As the thread was regarding the Antarctic / South Georgia ,hence my comment!

Kind regards,

Tony

I probually didn't word my question very well

I noticed that you had been to NZ and wondered how our Sounds compared to South Georgia as you mentioned Switzerland of the South.

As I mentioned in Post 7 we felt that the extra, about, NZ$7000 was a bit high to see South Georgia of which we will probually regret later. Its hard to work out where to start and stop on these cruises when one has only seen photos

Thecat123

Thank you. We have sailed to Antarctica twice and once the sailing was to South Georgia first. We had three days 'pottering' around the island. The weather was quite warm and sunny. I agree the sailing including SG is quite expensive. It is very difficult to compare with the sounds etc. I think on balance SG has more to look at in quite surreal surroundings. We spent all one afternoon in Grytviken and it was superb. We had a look round the old whaling town , cemetery and the superb church. We visited the British post office and museum and finally Sir Ernest Shackletons grave. The wildlife was simply amazing. We did some other landings on the other side of the island. We sailed up the famous Drygalski Fjord ( south east Georgia ) My personal view is that if you are going all that way do SG.

All the ships that go to Antarctica are very expensive and we have seen a number of smaller damaged ships in Ushuaia thats why we have chosen SB ( also we have a free weeks crusing and we particularly wanted to do SA again). One of the ships we were on 9 years ago struck a berg-quite abit of damage- although generally we had fairly calm seas-well not too bad!

I tried to post some photographs yesterday but couldn't quite fathom out the instructions.

Hope this helps.

kind regards,

Tony

Thanks for that Tony I do understand what you and others are saying.

Basically what happened with us people were saying Antartica was one of the best cruises which they had been on. One did a drive by and the other spent four days there. Also lots of others have told us do Antartica so we started looking. Nobody mentioned the Falklands or South Georgia. Seabourne announced they were going but at this stage there wasn't much information. Okay we will go with Seabourne as their prices didn't seem to bad for a bit of luxury. It was only later we found out we were leaving from Buenos Aires instead of Ushala, also the Falklands was part of the cruise let alone all the way up the coast to Valparaiso which became a real bonus.

Also we have just done a two week cruise from Sydney, around NZ and back to Sydney. Next month we are going to Norfolk Island for a week, now you mention expensive, got a trip to Wellington as well coming up so we should really be stayng home for awhile otherwise the bank manager will me chasing me

Any other time I would be the one telling people. Do the lot while you are in the area :)

Regards

Jon

Jon,

Thank you. Never got to Norfolk Island due to bad weather!!

It might be an idea to contact SB and just ask what the 'itinerary' is for SG-landings etc. and see what they come up with and what the details are.

Have a good trip next month.

Kind regards

Tony

( also we have a free weeks crusing and we particularly wanted to do SA again). ,

Tony

Tony I have a good deal for you

We will share your free weeks cruise with you and then we will all get to go. Okay? :D

Still got a few months to go so we will see a bit closer to the cruise to see maybe swap cruises so we can get to South Georgia

Jon

Thank you. Of course you can share our 'free week' !!

Kind regards

T

Tony I talked to our TA again the other day and he thinks to try and transfer cruises at this stage could be difficult as we have paid the deposit

He also reckons he has other "better things" planned for us while we are in the area. He is going to tell us later. Sounds expensive for us :)

Archived