LIVE from the Coral Princess - LA to FLL - 14 days - April 20 to May 4, 2013

Pia1913

Pia...I wasn't even thinking of this week knowing how tired you will be and how much you probably have to do. Let me know if you can make it the week after.

We have had HORRENDOUS rains here the last two days. Flooding and cars getting stuck in it galore. Be glad you missed it. There is supposed to be more rain this weekend, but not as bad as today, which was the worst.

I had rented Les Miz from Redbox last weekend because the teen had been raving about it ever since she saw it in January. Hubby probably had wished he could have walked out of the kitchen where we were watching it w/o risking the teen's wrath.

So now I sit here with my glass of wine wondering how talking about nothing got more than 20,000 hits. No wonder I have a great rapport with you folks.

Hey, it worked pretty good for Seinfeld, didn't it???

Enjoyed following along - as ever. Thanks for the vicarious spring cruises while we struggled with the kitchen remodel...:(:eek:;)

Good Morning. It’s Friday and the last day of the cruise. Whether it’s a 10, a 20, a 30 or a 60 day cruise, you always know when it’s time to go home. :(

Last night we saw the great show On the Bayou; sat right up front in the first show. This is the best spot to really see it up close and personal. I don’t know when they started it, but there’s a menu of On The Bayou drink specials for $3.99. They are as follows:

1. French Martini

2. New Orleans Hurricane

3. Whisky Sour

4. Blue Bayou

5. French 75

6. Cajun Colada

I know they didn’t have this when we were here in November, so perhaps it started in January after drydock.

So what should we do on this final day? Well in the morning one of us will have to check out the “up to 75% off sale” (guess who :))and for the first time, both of us will attend the culinary demo in Universe. We’re going because we are very friendly with both the Executive Chef and the Maitre d’ and we understand they do a great “performance.” Also in the morning is a lecture: How Gratitude will Improve the Quality of your Life.

In the afternoon we will attend the passenger talent show. Other offerings are the movie Lincoln in the theater (have seen it), The Hobbit on MUTS and the Princess Book Club Discussion. I do not recall ever seeing or hearing about a book club, so this is a big surprise. Anyhow, the book is/was The Light Between Oceans.

In the evening Lincoln will be shown again at 5:00 in Universe, Skyfall will be on MUTS at 7:00 and Parental Guidance will be on MUTS at 10:15. Showtime tonight will be the singers and dancers and comedian Jay Moore in the theater (two performances), and at 10 PM the always entertaining International Crew Show.

Thanks Donna, since I never even watched one Seinfeld episode. Must be by osmosis. :D Is your kitchen done yet?

Off we go for a final Coral workout. See you later.

Pia

Just have to tell you I love your "Live From"s.

As far as Les Miz, we took our 7 year old granddaughter to see it because our daughter had loved the play so much when she was little. We must have seen the play at least 5 times.

I thought I didn't like the movie because I was so uncomfortable with some of the graphic descriptions of what happened to Eponine. Everyone else loved it so I've never said anything but I do agree with you that it was ok but didn't live up to the play at all!!!

Do go to see Parental Guidance. I thought I'd never like that but it was very funny!

Sorry your cruise is ending.

When is the next one?

EDIT: Just read the bottom of your review.

Can't wait till you review the Royal in Sept.!!!

Edited by chamima

Princess Book Club Discussion. I do not recall ever seeing or hearing about a book club, so this is a big surprise. Anyhow, the book is/was The Light Between Oceans.ONT]

The Princess Book Club has always been one of the first things my wife checks out when we board.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/activities/book_club/bookclub.html

For the September and October cruises on the Royal, the books will be

Silver Star by Jeannette Walls

Island House by Posie Graeme-Evans

Edited by billco

The Princess Book Club has always been one of the first things my wife checks out when we board.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/activities/book_club/bookclub.html

For the September and October cruises on the Royal, the books will be

Silver Star by Jeannette Walls

Island House by Posie Graeme-Evans

WOW, thanks for the link. After all of my cruises, this is the first time I have ever heard of that. Live and learn. :p

...since I never even watched one Seinfeld episode.
Kind of like leprechauns and unicorns, I've heard of the existence of people who've never watched Seinfeld, but didn't really believe it was true...until now. ;)

Thanks for the live from! I, too, am anxiously awaiting your comment from the Royal Princess, especially since I now see the ship as being more unavoidable than I once believed.

Pia

Just have to tell you I love your "Live From"s.

As far as Les Miz, we took our 7 year old granddaughter to see it because our daughter had loved the play so much when she was little. We must have seen the play at least 5 times.

I thought I didn't like the movie because I was so uncomfortable with some of the graphic descriptions of what happened to Eponine. Everyone else loved it so I've never said anything but I do agree with you that it was ok but didn't live up to the play at all!!!

I never saw the play and I thought the movie was OK. But, after reading the book. the play, and all the movies pale in comparison.

The title of the book is Les Miserables or the miserable people. The book is pretty graphic and really miserable.

Most of the complaint about the movies is that they people in them are not really all that miserable looking......

FWIW

WOW, thanks for the link. After all of my cruises, this is the first time I have ever heard of that. Live and learn. :p

Don't get too excited.

I've read the books several times but they ALWAYS have the book club get together on a beautiful, sunny day in an inside lounge. We sail to get away from winter and enjoy that sun (even if in the shade - but always outside) and I have never been able to force myself to attend for that reason.

Kind of like leprechauns and unicorns, I've heard of the existence of people who've never watched Seinfeld, but didn't really believe it was true...until now. ;)

Thanks for the live from! I, too, am anxiously awaiting your comment from the Royal Princess, especially since I now see the ship as being more unavoidable than I once believed.

Jeannie

Any chance you'll try her?

I know she's really large but I actually can't wait to check her out. We're thinking end of February.

Love to see you again!

A warning about the book club: I was ready for it on one of my last cruises. I am a slow reader so had read the book ahead of time. Went to the meeting and it was a book not on the website list! This was a year ago, so I don't know if they have changed things to be more strict with the site.

They do have some of the books onboard but not enough to go around for what ever the club will be discussing.

Good luck!

Any chance you'll try her?

I know she's really large but I actually can't wait to check her out. We're thinking end of February.

Love to see you again!

Hi Karen. Yes, I'll be booking at least 12 cruises on her come May 14th. If you're cruising end of February 2015, I'll see you then. Can't wait!

Well, I sure had a fun morning. And a profitable one too. Went to the culinary demo; lots of laughs. We really enjoyed this presentation which is the first one we’ve ever attended in 67 Princess cruises. Then my shopper, a/k/a Mike, wanted to go the sale. Of course he did. ;) Well, lo and behold I saw the purse I purchased a few days ago for $128, reduced to half price. So with the exchange and repurchase and my 10% Elite discount, I just saved $57.60. I think I’ll treat him to dinner tonight. :D

It was just a great day overall. The weather for the entire cruise has been perfect; not a drop of rain. Mostly all sun, even the unbearably hot and humid spots. We had lunch outdoors today, something we very rarely do. And the passenger talent show was entertaining, even though there was only one person who could be considered talented.

So here I am as usual with my trusty glass of wine starting to bid you all goodbye. I just type and chatter. It’s all of you who make the LIVES so interesting. I’m always amazed when I see 20,000 + hits on what I consider to be my nonsensical banter.

Punki: I didn’t see nor have I heard of any corkage fees at any port. And I know lots of people who carried on beer and wine. Since I haven’t used my minutes to read the Big Board, I don’t have a clue whether or not the wine issue has been resolved or initiated fully. It still seems to be indigenous to the Golden. Yes?

Billco: Thanks for the book info. Jeannette Walls books are wonderful.

Pescado: Book one of mine some day. Or perhaps I'll book one of yours. We can then do LIVES in sync.

See you folks later or tomorrow. Still have minutes and internet has been incredible.

Thanks Donna, since I never even watched one Seinfeld episode. Must be by osmosis. :D Is your kitchen done yet?

Mostly, but still don't have a functioning refrigerator...using the tiny dorm size one on the lanai - frustrating...Can't believe you never watched Seinfeld!! Wasn't that big a fan myself, but it was pretty much unavoidable for years...:rolleyes:

Hi Karen. Yes, I'll be booking at least 12 cruises on her come May 14th. If you're cruising end of February 2015, I'll see you then. Can't wait!

Looking forward to it!

Why May 14th?

Well, lo and behold I saw the purse I purchased a few days ago for $128, reduced to half price. So with the exchange and repurchase and my 10% Elite discount, I just saved $57.60. I think I’ll treat him to dinner tonight. :D

Good eye Pia! That's the way to save some $$$. :)

I've sure enjoyed your Coral Panama Canal live reports. As always, many thanks! :)

Thankyou Pia for doing the live from the Coral Princess. Enjoyed reading your posts every day. It gives me an idea what activties there are on a Pannama cannal cruise. Hoping to do a cannal cruise next January on the Island princess. Will be one of your loyal followers on your up coming Royal Princess cruise. I imagine that live from will set a new record high with views. Safe travels home and where ever you and Mike roam.:)

Well, I sure had a fun morning. And a profitable one too. Went to the culinary demo; lots of laughs. We really enjoyed this presentation which is the first one we’ve ever attended in 67 Princess cruises. Then my shopper, a/k/a Mike, wanted to go the sale. Of course he did. ;) Well, lo and behold I saw the purse I purchased a few days ago for $128, reduced to half price. So with the exchange and repurchase and my 10% Elite discount, I just saved $57.60. I think I’ll treat him to dinner tonight. :D

It was just a great day overall. The weather for the entire cruise has been perfect; not a drop of rain. Mostly all sun, even the unbearably hot and humid spots. We had lunch outdoors today, something we very rarely do. And the passenger talent show was entertaining, even though there was only one person who could be considered talented.

So here I am as usual with my trusty glass of wine starting to bid you all goodbye. I just type and chatter. It’s all of you who make the LIVES so interesting. I’m always amazed when I see 20,000 + hits on what I consider to be my nonsensical banter.

Punki: I didn’t see nor have I heard of any corkage fees at any port. And I know lots of people who carried on beer and wine. Since I haven’t used my minutes to read the Big Board, I don’t have a clue whether or not the wine issue has been resolved or initiated fully. It still seems to be indigenous to the Golden. Yes?

Billco: Thanks for the book info. Jeannette Walls books are wonderful.

Pescado: Book one of mine some day. Or perhaps I'll book one of yours. We can then do LIVES in sync.

See you folks later or tomorrow. Still have minutes and internet has been incredible.

Good for you getting the discount on the purse. So will it be the Bayou or Sabatinis....:D

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Isn't it great when you have minutes to burn? Doesn't happen that often.

LOL Bob. It was a joke. Dinner was in HC. I don't spend extra bucks on specialty food, because I don't like specialty menus. Or most menus.

News: CD Stu is going on vacation. New CD is Susan Rawlins

News: Capt. is going on vacation. New Capt. is Fabio Amitrano

I also think the deputy is getting off. Not sure.

Will be back in the AM.

Isn't it great when you have minutes to burn? Doesn't happen that often.

LOL Bob. It was a joke. Dinner was in HC. I don't spend extra bucks on specialty food, because I don't like specialty menus. Or most menus.

News: CD Stu is going on vacation. New CD is Susan Rawlins

News: Capt. is going on vacation. New Capt. is Fabio Amitrano

I also think the deputy is getting off. Not sure.

Will be back in the AM.

Sweet-Dreams-Glitters-29.jpg

Thought you'd splurge this once:D Safe travels home.....:)

Bob