New Cagney's Menu

Tideone

I did the nine day Gem last December

Suzanne

When we went there were 4 or 5 other ships there the same day. The traffic was insane. Disembarking was horrible. There were all 5 ships docking and the terminal was still affected by hurricane sandy AND we got in 3 1/2 hrs late because some poor passenger got sick after we left San Juan and we had to turn back for them to get helicoptered out.

It was still a great cruise!

This is awesome. Not only will Cagneys not be busy anymore....so I can go whenever I want, but the things I ate are still there.

:)

I absolutely love your attitude! I'm a big believer that a vacation is what you make of it... :)

Richard/Tralfie

My brother and dad are on the Jewel and just took a pic of the new menu. It's not that clear, but you can get the idea of it.

I think it looks great and can't wait to try it in September on the Gem.

232323232%7Ffp734%3A9%3Enu%3D468%3A%3E36%3B%3E634%3EWSNRCG%3D3652%3C3593%3B34%3Anu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp543%3C%3A%3Enu%3D468%3A%3E36%3B%3E634%3EWSNRCG%3D3652%3C3%3A%3A%3C634%3Anu0mrj

My brother and dad are on the Jewel and just took a pic of the new menu. It's not that clear, but you can get the idea of it.

I think it looks great and can't wait to try it in September on the Gem.

232323232%7Ffp734%3A9%3Enu%3D468%3A%3E36%3B%3E634%3EWSNRCG%3D3652%3C3593%3B34%3Anu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp543%3C%3A%3Enu%3D468%3A%3E36%3B%3E634%3EWSNRCG%3D3652%3C3%3A%3A%3C634%3Anu0mrj

Thanks for posting the menu! HMMMM Lobster tails and shrimp!

I can't fully make it out on the photo of the menu, but it appears to me that they are trying to say that the Certified Angus beef they serve is considered by restaurants to be a "step above" prime grade beef.

Uhhhh... REALLY !! :rolleyes:

Tom

I can't fully make it out on the photo of the menu, but it appears to me that they are trying to say that the Certified Angus beef they serve is considered by restaurants to be a "step above" prime grade beef.

Tom

Certified is absolutely below prime grade beef.

I think it looks "good" to the uninformed masses, and is easier on their bottom line than serving up actual prime grade beef.

------------------

I'd give the burger a try, at least if they are actually willing to cook it RARE!

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

Tom

All the recent claptrap about angus beef is just advertising hyperbole.

It's one step below the ever-popular " You COULD save up to 78% or more!". Which also means they can charge double bust-out retail and the ad wouldn't be a lie.

The new Cagney's menu looks like a cutback with a price increase.

All the recent claptrap about angus beef is just advertising hyperbole.

It's one step below the ever-popular " You COULD save up to 78% or more!". Which also means they can charge double bust-out retail and the ad wouldn't be a lie.

The new Cagney's menu looks like a cutback with a price increase.

Ate there last Saturday. Food was good.

Best part was i didn't have to wear my big boy pants.;)

Bill

I was looking forward to going to cagneys again. But I think we will pass as I can easily go to the outback and pay less. To the poster who liked the lobster and shrimp it looked to me like it was over pasta and with a sauce Not the way I eat it. Of course I spend Lots

of time on cape cod so I am particular

"Norwegian Cruise Line’s signature Steakhouse proudly serves Certified Angus Beef ® brand steaks.

Uncompromising standards ensure it’s a cut above USDA Prime, Choice and Select, making it the

best-tasting beef available."

Intentionally misleading or outright lie?

"Norwegian Cruise Line’s signature Steakhouse proudly serves Certified Angus Beef ® brand steaks.

Uncompromising standards ensure it’s a cut above USDA Prime, Choice and Select, making it the

best-tasting beef available."

Intentionally misleading or outright lie?

I'd be more impressed if they offered Wagyu steaks and not just the burger!

Glad they gave up on their "Prime Rib", as they could not get that right over my multiple trips!

Tom

I just did a web search on certified black angus. According to what is listed, the meat is first graded by the USDA and must be either choice or prime. If that is met, it then goes through a second USDA inspection with 10 measurements and must exceed the rating for prime or is can't be labeled.

Sounds pretty good if it's true?