New Cagney's Menu

Tideone

Far from an upscale steakhouse menu--choice of types of steaks is poor--appetizers poor--side dishes do not include any of the traditional steak house favorites---salad choices poor--mexican ceasar?? what?????Mac and Cheese--

chicken drumsticks???? BBQ Ribs?????? Pub food.

This menu is more like a pub menu from New York city---come on NCL--you promised enhancements not down grades in the menu--not worth $30 per person in my opinion. I guess we will take Cagney's off the list-----

I can not believe a steakhouse without prime rib.

BG

Celebrity's Olympic menu click the top for appetizers, main dish, dessert, etc

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type1.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes_ocean_liners_restaurant&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes

Princess Crown Grill menu

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/food_dining/specialty_restaurants/crown_grill/index.html

Do you think your clientele isn't discerning enough to know the difference.

Hmmmm. Me thinks not. Seems to me NCL cruisers are in the know.

Haven't been to Cagneys in the last two years because we noticed the quality of the food and meat had gone downhill. Certainly not interested in paying more for a downgraded menu.

Cagneys seemed half empty the last few times we were there. Ought to be crickets in there now.

DW and I have discussed possible places to eat on our next cruise. Le Bistro is a given, and we do like certain items at La Cucina that make it worthwhile, but we weren't sure about either doing Cagney's or Moderno.

(Side note: Teppanyaki is out as DW doesn't go for Asian foods. I'd love to go but not without DW.)

Long story short - we might go to Cagney's if the ship is running a good special, but Moderno is looking pretty good at the moment.

DW and I have discussed possible places to eat on our next cruise. Le Bistro is a given, and we do like certain items at La Cucina that make it worthwhile, but we weren't sure about either doing Cagney's or Moderno.

(Side note: Teppanyaki is out as DW doesn't go for Asian foods. I'd love to go but not without DW.)

Long story short - we might go to Cagney's if the ship is running a good special, but Moderno is looking pretty good at the moment.

I don't think the Teppanyaki restaurant is really Asian (except for the soup and salad). I had filet and it was great with steamed rice and I think the vegetable were carrots and zucchini, but I wouldn't really call it Asian.

Is this the complete menu? No Prime Rib at a steak house? No more crabcakes? The two things that I went to Cagney's for. Very disappointing.

This is the two things I will miss. We have talked 8 people into going with us in november and I was selling cagney's big time. Oops!!! This will be their first ncl cruise to boot. (suites at that).

We may just be eating in MDR. If I can't have what I am going for, might as well eat for free.

I've tried Cagney's on four sailings, and each time left unimpressed. Two or three times I ordered the "Prime Rib"... the first time it came with sear marks (grilled), so basically it was a steak. The other times, it just missed the mark.

I already accepted the fact that they did not use Prime grade beef. But then again, it can't be found on Celebrity or Princess either. We enjoyed Tuscan Grille and Murano on Celebrity, though did not care at all for the Crown Grill on Princess. It did not help that they asked for our ship card after just placing the WATER ORDER! It would seem they sweat the little things - having to sign for that before we even ordered our meal! Oddly, the best all around steakhouse title is firmly held by... CARNIVAL (yes, I know)! Prime grade, tender/aged, great selection of steaks! We've dined there a few dozen times (pretty much every night).

I was pleased to see the new Ocean Blue menu. Interestingly enough, I'll be ordering the Steak Tartare and prime grade ribeye there! ;) So much for seafood. Weird, weird, weird! :rolleyes:

Tom

After looking at the Ocean Blue menu and the Cagney's, I'll definitely be doing Cagney's.

I've never done a cruise, so forgive the perhaps naive question: Did someone say you can get several appetizers (and the single entre)? Because that would make me very happy! I'm a totally appetizer boy!

Richard/Tralfie

Far from an upscale steakhouse menu--choice of types of steaks is poor--appetizers poor--side dishes do not include any of the traditional steak house favorites---salad choices poor--mexican ceasar?? what?????Mac and Cheese--

chicken drumsticks???? BBQ Ribs?????? Pub food.

This menu is more like a pub menu from New York city---come on NCL--you promised enhancements not down grades in the menu--not worth $30 per person in my opinion. I guess we will take Cagney's off the list-----

I can not believe a steakhouse without prime rib.

BG

Did this menu just get rolled out? We ate at Cagneys last night and the service was slow. They must have come over 3 times and told us our food would be right out.

we got there at 6:30pmand were promptly seated.We had no drinks and 1 shrimp cocktail each. Didn't receive our entrees until 7:30pm.

At that point they asked if it was worth the wait.

Bill

Did this menu just get rolled out? We ate at Cagneys last night and the service was slow. They must have come over 3 times and told us our food would be right out.

we got there at 6:30pmand were promptly seated.We had no drinks and 1 shrimp cocktail each. Didn't receive our entrees until 7:30pm.

At that point they asked if it was worth the wait.

Bill

Maybe a couple of the cooks called in sick?

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type1.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes_ocean_liners_restaurant&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/food_dining/specialty_restaurants/crown_grill/index.html

Hmmmm. Looked at the 'X' menu, and noticed 'Steak Diane' was missing...we enjoyed that very much in their Ocean Liner's restaurant aboard the Constellation in 2005. The absolute best meal I ever had at sea.

I guess all of the lines are cutting back here and there. Only avid repeater's, or CCer's will notice, probably.

Or they will create a third level of extra high tariff specialty restaurants, and 'downgrade the 'regular' specialty restaurant.

And so it goes.......:rolleyes:

Maybe a couple of the cooks called in sick?

LOL! I figured that must have been it.;)

Seriously though we were seated right in front of where the chef was plating and the waiters picked up their orders. Seemed to b fully staffed but a bit of confusion going on.

After plating the meats the chef would pick up some cooked meats and put them on different plates, sides were mixed up etc.

I figured because it was just rolled out as we were either the first or second cruise where the price was $30 instead of the usual $25.

With that and the service in Blue Lagoon we still had an outstanding cruise.:)

Bill

After looking at the Ocean Blue menu and the Cagney's, I'll definitely be doing Cagney's.

I've never done a cruise, so forgive the perhaps naive question: Did someone say you can get several appetizers (and the single entre)? Because that would make me very happy! I'm a totally appetizer boy!

Richard/Tralfie

You can order more than 1 starter, soup, salad or dessert. For example, when I ordered the grilled asparagus (no longer on the new menu), I ordered 2 servings because they only gave you 3 lonely spears. The crab cakes (gone now, too) were quite rich as were the mushrooms. If you order more than 1 entree you are generally rung up as a doulbe charge.

After a 10 oz filet, we'd order 2 or 3 desserts to share. The raspberry brulee and apple crisp were particularly good, and if we go again...even without the prime rib and filet, DH would probably order the bone-in 18 ounce rib eye rare while I would cross my fingers that my lamb chop entree might actually arrive medium rare...I'd like to try those new onion rings...hopefully they are the flakey, steak house sort.

Oh and the shrimp cocktail, which is actually prawns...they will give you 4 at dinner but only 3 at lunch time...feel free to order a couple ;)

Little known fact, if you do not order any entrees, guess how much you or your children are charged?

Edited by kcfoxy

This is awesome. Not only will Cagneys not be busy anymore....so I can go whenever I want, but the things I ate are still there.

I prefer an 8 oz. filet...10 is a bit much, when adding appetizers & sides.

And then, I just saved a FORTUNE in not having to book Celebrity or the Crown Grill, 'cause I'd be hard-pressed to find anything to eat.

If I'd seen either of those menus on a restaurant in a city, I'd keep walking.

So a good day, so far! :)

Happy happy - my lamb chops are still there and they've put some non seafood on the starters

Roll on Breakaway cruise

Ditto on lamb chops--but non seafood starters are pub food items you can get in any pub that has food in NYC.

bg

No Oysters Rockefeller and no crab cakes :confused::eek: What will I eat there? Also no

surf and turf?? So disappointed. I just booked my January '14 cruise today and I've already been disappointed. Does no crab cakes mean no crab cakes benedict for breakfast!? Anyone know? They already replaced my tuna burger at lunch with the lesser (but good) swordfish burger.

Come on NCL. I don't see your cruise prices going down but I see the specialty restaurant prices going up and the quality and choices going down. Not fair!:mad:

Meanwhile-I have a countdown clock finally! After all my whining I still cant wait to go:D

No Oysters Rockefeller and no crab cakes :confused::eek: What will I eat there? Also no

surf and turf?? So disappointed. I just booked my January '14 cruise today and I've already been disappointed. Does no crab cakes mean no crab cakes benedict for breakfast!? Anyone know? They already replaced my tuna burger at lunch with the lesser (but good) swordfish burger.

Come on NCL. I don't see your cruise prices going down but I see the specialty restaurant prices going up and the quality and choices going down. Not fair!:mad:

Meanwhile-I have a countdown clock finally! After all my whining I still cant wait to go:D

Where are you off to in January??

Suzanne