New Cagney's Menu

Tideone

Not relevant? The thread is about Cagney's menus. They DO serve three meals a day in there.

Exactly, not relevant.

Fleetwide "Suite breakfast" and "Suite lunch" menus have nothing to do with "Steakhouse" menu. The fact that the first two happen to be served in the same venue on some, not all, ships as the third does not make them related in any way.

Edited by Demonyte

Ate there three times on our trip and enjoyed it. Had the NY strip twice and the filet once. I have no idea how to differentiate prime/select/etc but they were definitely closer to Capitol Grille steaks than the Longhorn or Outback or whatever somebody previously compared them to.

For sides I had the greenbeans twice (different each time!) and the onion rings (seemed to be breaded with panko crumbs and kind of weird.

Loved the baked potato soup and had it all three times, sad to say (so I didn't feel up to trying the baked potato side, which I normally would have with steak). My mother got it, though, as well as the broccoli and liked both.

We also tried the Waygu sliders, which were really tasty -- had we gone back a fourth time I probably would have gotten the burger entree.

• 5 weeks later...

Have just returned from the Norwegian Spirit last week and am glad to confirm that the steak (fillet) in both Le Bistro and Cagney's was excellent. And I am extremely picky about my steaks.

That said, I ordered mine without salt and pepper (not knowing whether or not they put these on the steaks by default) and I was told that as they are pre-seasoned to some degree it would take a little longer - I presume this was because they needed to get my non seasoned steak from the vaults somewhere!

To me, a great steak has absolutely nothing added to it at any point. Pure meat :D

On balance, given that the steak was equally as good in both Le Bistro and Cagneys (and Cagney's being $10 more expensive) I will return to Le Bistro more often. I also found it had a little more atmosphere.

And the Soupe aux quatre champignons was quite delicious also!

Edited by podgeandrodge

I dont care about the menu.... Just so happy to have someone else cook me dinner and pamper me forma week! Cant wait! 27 days

I agree. I enjoyed the 'new menu' last month on the Gem.. Seemed to me that the biggest change was the way that they served the items, but then again I'm not a 'foodie'... Protein on a big empty plate and all the sides in little kettles(?)... worked out nice - no complaints here - I had more food than I could possibly eat - delicious fillet - great desserts - good sides, great ambiance, and my DW - doesn't get better than this IMO :)

We just got off the Dawn's repo cruise and ate twice at both Cagney's and Le Bistro. The steak served at Le Bistro is the same exact cut served at Cagney's, this was confirmed by the Executive Chef. Given that, we preferred Cagney's because of the seasoning choices, didn't care for the sauce on the Le Bistro steak, although the steak itself was butter tender and tasty. All in all Cagney's was our favorite over all the other choices on the ship.

We just got off the Dawn's repo cruise and ate twice at both Cagney's and Le Bistro. The steak served at Le Bistro is the same exact cut served at Cagney's, this was confirmed by the Executive Chef. Given that, we preferred Cagney's because of the seasoning choices, didn't care for the sauce on the Le Bistro steak, although the steak itself was butter tender and tasty. All in all Cagney's was our favorite over all the other choices on the ship.

We were on the Dawn in early September. My DW would agree 100% with the comments you made concerning the filet from both Cagney's and Le Bistro. She definitely prefered it at Cagney's. (I had the NY Strip which was perfection.)

As for the star and gem those where not options for the steak! They can call it what ever they want for someone who's knows food they are a select cut. How ever the bone in ribeye for two at le bistro is the best aged steak on the ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic App!

The Gem onboard Cagney's was serving Angus Choice (not select) as of our June cruise, at that time Le Bistro wasn't. We could tell the difference in quality. We ate at Cagney's again.

Lanceholt.... Sorry but your mistaken. The aged ribeye is served on the bone and is an extra 25 dollars on top of the cover charge. Trust me it's different I should know I'm a food critic.

Is that the one for two people? Thinking about trying that once with DS.

Lanceholt.... Sorry but your mistaken. The aged ribeye is served on the bone and is an extra 25 dollars on top of the cover charge. Trust me it's different I should know I'm a food critic.

My husband is a retired senior executive in the hospitality industry, so knows his steaks as well. Both in Cagney's and in Le Bistro we had the filet....the one which in Cagney's gives you a choice of sizes. I never mentioned the aged ribeye. No need to put a person down when you don't even have your data right as to what I said.

My husband is a retired senior executive in the hospitality industry, so knows his steaks as well. Both in Cagney's and in Le Bistro we had the filet....the one which in Cagney's gives you a choice of sizes. I never mentioned the aged ribeye. No need to put a person down when you don't even have your data right as to what I said.

Don't feel bad there is no dry aged rib eye. There is a 32oz bone in rib eye (not dry aged) in the Bistro for 2. It is $10 more per person so only $30 total per person. Never know what people will post on CC.

Sent from my iPhone - Jim

Just off the Epic ate at Cagneys and Le Bistro

I had the Ribeye at Cagneys better than RCCL steakhouse but was definatly not up to the quality of Carnival steakhouse. I don't thnk it was a prime cut:confused:

My GF had the filet at both

We both agree the filet was better at Le Bistro..... same cut of beef I think just prepared differently.

I actually ordered the lamb chobs but they were so tough I changed to the Filet.

I think Le bistro and Moderno are better value than Cagneys.

IMHO...... The best filet on the Epic is in the Teppanyaki

I actually ordered the lamb chobs but they were so tough I changed to the Filet.

I think Le bistro and Moderno are better value than Cagneys.

IMHO...... The best filet on the Epic is in the Teppanyaki

I have heard the rack of lamb at Le Bistro is much better than Cagney's lamb chops to. We will be passing on Cagney's this cruise, too many bad reviews to risk $30 per person on.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a suite then do cagney's for breakfast & lunch. No cover and it's a more intimate setting. Food is good! Filet and eggs were good too! I have also asked for a lobster omelet on occasion that rocks! But it's tougher to get. Be sure give your waiter a nice tip and they will take care of you.

I find the fillet at breakfast is batter than the standard (and surcharged) evening fare. Maybe because everyone is on a first name basis at lunch and breakfast. We have passed on Cagney's for dinner after the first cruise. Bistro is better but with less selection.

If you have a suite then do cagney's for breakfast & lunch. No cover and it's a more intimate setting. Food is good! Filet and eggs were good too! I have also asked for a lobster omelet on occasion that rocks! But it's tougher to get. Be sure give your waiter a nice tip and they will take care of you.

Suite breakfast and lunch are only served in Cagney's on selected ships. Please do not mix those menus with discussion of Cagney's dinner menu, they have nothing in common except the venue they are served in on some, not all, ships.