New Cagney's Menu

Tideone

• 2 weeks later...
Will this thread ever die???? :mad:stab**stab**stab**stab**stab!!!!!!!!!:mad:

This made me laugh aloud at a moment when I needed it, so thanks for that. :)

Tralfie/Richard

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Bottom line cagney's is not what it used to be. I enjoy breakfast & lunch there(must have a suite to go). If you want a great steak on ncl the ribeye at le bistro is one of the best steaks I have had anywhere. The steak will cost you an extra 10.00 on top of the cover charge but you get what you pay for. The stuff cagney's is serving is no better than a steak at Applebee's and is not worth the cover charge. That is my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic App!

Bottom line cagney's is not what it used to be. I enjoy breakfast & lunch there(must have a suite to go). If you want a great steak on ncl the ribeye at le bistro is one of the best steaks I have had anywhere. The steak will cost you an extra 10.00 on top of the cover charge but you get what you pay for. The stuff cagney's is serving is no better than a steak at Applebee's and is not worth the cover charge. That is my opinion.

You may want to adjust your bottom line The current steak is in fact far better then a year ago. Ate there twice in the last week with no complaints of the quality from all 7 of us. Applebee's it is not.

Sent from my iPhone - Jim

Like I said Jim this was my opinion. I ate at cagney's a year ago as well so my opinion stands. Just so you know the ship doesn't use the usda standard but it is a select cut. The same as all your quick service restaurants.

I'd be curious if there are any changes in the breakfast and lunch Cagney menus. I do know this, if they are serving something not on the menu elsewhere on the ship, they'll go and get it. I like kippers for breakfast and all I had to do was mention it and for the remainder of the cruise, they brought me kippers.

I would like to see more variation in the Cagney's breakfast and lunch menu's though. A special of the day would be nice.

Does anyone have the breakfast and lunch menus for Cagneys on Norwegian Dawn?

The menu for breakfast and lunch at Cagney's or the Haven Restaurant is the same fleet-wide. The first post in the link below contains PDFs of these menus. Enjoy...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1831410&highlight=cagney+s+breakfast+menu

They took away all the foods I always order and raised the price $5 bucks

Oysters Rockerfeller, chopped salad, crab cakes , lobster bisque and Prime Rib no longer eating there for dinner

Suzanne

Me too. In the past I have always gone to Cagneys 2 or 3 times a cruise. With this new menu, I may not go at all. I have noticed Cagneys seems to be less and less busy on the last few cruises. This is no way for NCL to up the numbers of diners.

• 2 weeks later...
Like I said Jim this was my opinion. I ate at cagney's a year ago as well so my opinion stands. Just so you know the ship doesn't use the usda standard but it is a select cut. The same as all your quick service restaurants.

I'm confused by this. According to the NCL Cagney menu:

norwegian Cruise line’s signature Steakhouse proudly serves certified angus Beef brand steaks. Uncompromising standards ensure it’s a cut above USdA prime, Choice and Select, making it the best-tasting beef available. The rich, abundant marbling in the certified angus Beef brand and our own 28-day aging specifications result in the most flavorful & tender dining experience.

Now I've read a few reviews of Cagney's which haven't been very positive - and the menu quoted above is a 2013 menu so maybe things have changed - but the "Certified Angus Beef" brand states:

"The same independent USDA graders inspect black-hided cattle (typical of the Angus breed) and give it a grade. All beef considered for the brand must be the best Choice, or Prime, beef – truly the top of the scale. This top-quality Angus beef is then evaluated again, using the brand’s set of 10 science-based specifications for marbling, size and uniformity. If it’s good enough to make the cut, then it earns the distinctive Certified Angus Beef ® brand label."

So on this reading Cagney's is providing more than a select cut and above the USDA standard.

Just to add:

Press Releases

NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE NOW OFFERS CERTIFIED ANGUS BEEF® BRAND STEAKS AT SEA

The flavorful top-quality cuts are only available at sea on Norwegian, in Cagney's and Le Bistro restaurants

Miami - Jun 12, 2013 ---

Norwegian Cruise Line announced today it is now the only cruise line to serve Certified Angus Beef® brand steaks, the world's leading Angus brand and consumers' top choice for premium beef. Certified Angus Beef ® brand steaks are rated above USDA Prime, Choice and Select, and are known for their superior flavor, juiciness and tenderness. These steaks are currently available in Cagney's Steakhouse and Le Bistro French restaurant on ten Norwegian ships, including the new Norwegian Breakaway. Norwegian Jade and Norwegian Spirit will begin serving these steaks by August.

"With the addition of Certified Angus Beef ® in our steakhouse and French restaurant, we've taken an already great meal and made it outstanding," said Kevin Sheehan, CEO of Norwegian Cruise Line. "There is no better steak available and, as a New Yorker who knows a good steak, it was an obvious choice to bring these high quality selections to Cagney's Steakhouse and Le Bistro."

Previously available only at shore-side steakhouses and leading retailers, these exceptional cuts feature 10 quality specifications, including marbling, maturity and consistency, and are aged 28 days for the finest flavor and tenderness.

Guests can choose from a wide variety of premium cuts, ranging from a 14-ounce dry-aged center-cut strip loin to an 18-ounce bone-in ribeye. Additional offerings include an eight-ounce center-cut filet and a 16-ounce boneless ribeye. Guests can also customize their Certified Angus Beef ® steak with an array of seasonings and signature sauces including garlic butter, gorgonzola-crusted, chimichurri, green peppercorn and more. Cagney's Steakhouse serves all of the selected cuts, while Le Bistro offers the eight-ounce center-cut filet.

"Norwegian Cruise Line is at the forefront of cuisine at sea, and the ranchers and farmers behind the Certified Angus Beef® brand are pleased to be a part of this culinary evolution," says John Stika, the beef brand's president. "Guests will appreciate knowing their steak experience matches some of the finest steakhouses in New York and beyond."

My bolding on the piece about the Jade and the Spirit as we are going on the Spirit soon!

Edited by podgeandrodge

If I don't see an improvement in the suite breakfasts and lunches, I'm going to seriously consider switching to another cruise line. The staff have always been great but if the ******* bean-counters in Miami don't catch on, I'm bailing to maybe SeaDream.

If I don't see an improvement in the suite breakfasts and lunches, I'm going to seriously consider switching to another cruise line. The staff have always been great but if the ******* bean-counters in Miami don't catch on, I'm bailing to maybe SeaDream.

Yep, SeaDream runs between $6and $12,000 per person for 7 days, that's pretty comparable with NCL suites????;)

Edited by rvsullivan

If I could afford it, I would more often than not, sail on Premium lines like Regent or Seabourn and there kind. But to pay $4000 to $8000 or so per person... Way outta my comfort zone to pay for just a week or so vacation.

Those ******* bean-counters are what makes it so I can afford to enjoy cruising.

Jon

If I could afford it, I would more often than not, sail on Premium lines like Regent or Seabourn and there kind. But to pay $4000 to $8000 or so per person... Way outta my comfort zone to pay for just a week or so vacation.

Those ******* bean-counters are what makes it so I can afford to enjoy cruising.

Jon

Too true!!

FWIW I stand behind the new menu 100%. I had it on the BA in April and last month on the Star. Both experiences far superior to any meal we'd had at Cagney's in years. In fact we'd stopped going to Cagney's as the meals were so bad.

Now Cagney's is again a "must" when we sail!

Cagney's dinner menu and suite breakfasts and lunches have nothing more in common than the location on some ships, not relevant at all with the topic of this thread.

Just to add:

Press Releases

NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE NOW OFFERS CERTIFIED ANGUS BEEF® BRAND STEAKS AT SEA

The flavorful top-quality cuts are only available at sea on Norwegian, in Cagney's and Le Bistro restaurants

Miami - Jun 12, 2013 ---

Norwegian Cruise Line announced today it is now the only cruise line to serve Certified Angus Beef® brand steaks, the world's leading Angus brand and consumers' top choice for premium beef. Certified Angus Beef ® brand steaks are rated above USDA Prime, Choice and Select, and are known for their superior flavor, juiciness and tenderness. These steaks are currently available in Cagney's Steakhouse and Le Bistro French restaurant on ten Norwegian ships, including the new Norwegian Breakaway. Norwegian Jade and Norwegian Spirit will begin serving these steaks by August.

"With the addition of Certified Angus Beef ® in our steakhouse and French restaurant, we've taken an already great meal and made it outstanding," said Kevin Sheehan, CEO of Norwegian Cruise Line. "There is no better steak available and, as a New Yorker who knows a good steak, it was an obvious choice to bring these high quality selections to Cagney's Steakhouse and Le Bistro."

Previously available only at shore-side steakhouses and leading retailers, these exceptional cuts feature 10 quality specifications, including marbling, maturity and consistency, and are aged 28 days for the finest flavor and tenderness.

Guests can choose from a wide variety of premium cuts, ranging from a 14-ounce dry-aged center-cut strip loin to an 18-ounce bone-in ribeye. Additional offerings include an eight-ounce center-cut filet and a 16-ounce boneless ribeye. Guests can also customize their Certified Angus Beef ® steak with an array of seasonings and signature sauces including garlic butter, gorgonzola-crusted, chimichurri, green peppercorn and more. Cagney's Steakhouse serves all of the selected cuts, while Le Bistro offers the eight-ounce center-cut filet.

"Norwegian Cruise Line is at the forefront of cuisine at sea, and the ranchers and farmers behind the Certified Angus Beef® brand are pleased to be a part of this culinary evolution," says John Stika, the beef brand's president. "Guests will appreciate knowing their steak experience matches some of the finest steakhouses in New York and beyond."

My bolding on the piece about the Jade and the Spirit as we are going on the Spirit soon!

As for the star and gem those where not options for the steak! They can call it what ever they want for someone who's knows food they are a select cut. How ever the bone in ribeye for two at le bistro is the best aged steak on the ship!

Ate at Cagneys on the BA on Oct. 6th. My filet was good, but my bf ribeye was really really fatty. Shrimp cocktail app was good. Sliders were a little under cooked for our taste. Service was ok, not Above and beyond, just ok.

If you bf does not like a fatty steak he should never order a ribeye. It is the fat that gives them great flavor. The higher the grade the more fat.

Sent from my iPhone - Jim

Cagney's dinner menu and suite breakfasts and lunches have nothing more in common than the location on some ships, not relevant at all with the topic of this thread.

Not relevant? The thread is about Cagney's menus. They DO serve three meals a day in there.

Even a dead fish can float downstream.

Not relevant? The thread is about Cagney's menus. They DO serve three meals a day in there.

Even a dead fish can float downstream.

No...I suggest you read the original post carefully. This thread is about the new Cagney's dinner menu (and the associated higher $30 upcharge).

Edited by njhorseman