Maybe the shortest Oasis Review

I'm really looking forward to our Oasis cruise in October. I booked a CP balcony specifically because it is different - I know I won't see the water but it sounds like fun. Only time will tell how happy I am with it, but I expect to have a great time regardless of my cabin type.

I've read similar comments about this class of ship from many cruisers - regardless of whether they loved or hated the experience. I too love feel connected with the ocean throughout my cruise vacation and it's one of the reasons the Radiance Class has become my favorite.

I've never sailed in a balcony (money...), but always spring for an ocean view. The Oasis class ships cost more to begin with, so the suggestion that booking a balcony cabin would eliminate this shortfall isn't really practical and who wants to spend their vacation in their cabin??

I'm happy that so many people love this class of ship and that they've had enjoyable experiences. But based on my experiences, it's clear the smaller class vessels are more my style. The innovative features of the big ships are definitely impressive. No argument there. But I've learned that I prefer the environment offered by the smaller ships.

Thanks for confirming the impression I've developed from reading other Oasis-class ship reviews.

I also felt a disconnect to the sea........but I do love the ship!

Couldn't have said it better myself! Wasn't sure we'd like this class so we just booked a 7 day last November on the Allure. We did enjoy the ship, but missed the connection to the sea. We liked it enough that we booked a B2B on the Oasis for this fall (really there's just too much to do for a 7 day! ;)), but chose an ocean view balcony on the 7th floor to be closer to the water. Hopefully this will give us more of the ship feel that we like. I think we were up too high last time.

We LOVED the entertainment, however. Best entertainment we have had at sea - from day 1 to day 7. And that is why we chose to sail on this ship class again this fall!

Sorry to the OP that you didn't have an enjoyable time.

We're sailing on Oasis this summer. While we usually always get an oceanview balcony, the prices for the Central Park and Boardwalk balconies are currently almost $600 a person less than the oceanview balcony we have. (If you had a D1 balcony, it's almost $800 less!) I have been seriously debating whether or not seeing the ocean is really worth $1200.

After reading a bunch of comments from others about how big the ship felt and unless you walked out to one of the decks to stare at the ocean that you might not feel like you were on a boat, we decided to stay pat. It's a lot of money to stare at water, but I don't want to be kicking myself the entire week thinking we made a big mistake.

Is it just me or are there really those who have multi thousands of posts have formed a mutual admiration society and post almost nothing relevant to the thread.

Similar to your "do you have daughters" post?

Is it just me or are there really those who have multi thousands of posts have formed a mutual admiration society and post almost nothing relevant to the thread.

Perhaps, at least if your expectation was that everyone would just agree with you. Your comments - brief as they were - are valid to your experience and no one can challenge that you felt that way. But any response with someone else's opinion of their experience or comment about yours is equally valid and relevant.

Archived