Next cruise certificate worth it?

Yes! Worth it! It was day 3 on Allure before we hit a positive balance on our sea pass. :D

Great advice here: I'd add

1) do fill out the form on your documentation or the form they have in the LA office and drop it early. They will drop your confirmation at your cabin or/and email it home. This saves you from "wasting" vacation time in the LA office if you don't need their advice about a specific cruise.

2) do cross off one name on the form or insist on one name. I crossed off this week and the LA wanted to "add it" back on, telling me i can change it any time. :rolleyes: Well, that's true but I can also add someone anyone and will pay LESS now. The LA gave me a wry smile. I'm guessing they get bonuses on the total $, after each cruise, so they are unlikely to volunteer this tip!

3) if you still want friends or family to get the benefits, you can always get two NC and put one in each of your names; then book your friends or family one sac with you and just sleep where you will. Keys are easily duplicated at GS once aboard. And no one "checks" who you are sleeping with.

4) I always joke with DH about NC because the banks pay so little interest these days that my return (100 dollars returned toward my eventual cruise deposit PLUS 100 OBC) is far better than that 100 bucks sitting in my bank. ;)

5) don't expect the credit to "post" on you on board account till the 2 nd or 3 rd day. So you won't see it in tv till after you've been on board a day or two!

Yes! Worth it! It was day 3 on Allure before we hit a positive balance on our sea pass. :D

Great advice here: I'd add

1) do fill out the form on your documentation or the form they have in the LA office and drop it early. They will drop your confirmation at your cabin or/and email it home. This saves you from "wasting" vacation time in the LA office if you don't need their advice about a specific cruise.

2) do cross off one name on the form or insist on one name. I crossed off this week and the LA wanted to "add it" back on, telling me i can change it any time. :rolleyes: Well, that's true but I can also add someone anyone and will pay LESS now. The LA gave me a wry smile. I'm guessing they get bonuses on the total $, after each cruise, so they are unlikely to volunteer this tip!

3) if you still want friends or family to get the benefits, you can always get two NC and put one in each of your names; then book your friends or family one sac with you and just sleep where you will. Keys are easily duplicated at GS once aboard. And no one "checks" who you are sleeping with.

4) I always joke with DH about NC because the banks pay so little interest these days that my return (100 dollars returned toward my eventual cruise deposit PLUS 100 OBC) is far better than that 100 bucks sitting in my bank. ;)

5) don't expect the credit to "post" on you on board account till the 2 nd or 3 rd day. So you won't see it in tv till after you've been on board a day or two!

I am still trying to sort this out so I get it right.

1. What is LA?

2. Are the NCC's valid on Celebrity too or is that a separate program?

3. Do I buy one NCC and that covers me and my husband because we travel together or am I required to buy 2?

Thank you for your help in understanding this program.

Sorry a little confused from the answers in the earlier posts and just need some clarification. If only me and DW are travelling in a future cruise, do I need to purchase 1 NCC or 2 NCCs?

You can purchase 1 then add the other name when you are ready to book your cruise.. It is 1 for each cabin. I'm going to buy 2 since we may end up getting 2 rooms next time..or you can use it for other family members.. You can buy up to 3 each cruise..

I am still trying to sort this out so I get it right.

1. What is LA? Loyalty Ambassador and Cruise Sales Manager. The person on board who sells the NCC's.

2. Are the NCC's valid on Celebrity too or is that a separate program? Separate program, not valid on Celebrity.

3. Do I buy one NCC and that covers me and my husband because we travel together or am I required to buy 2? One NCC per stateroom, so one NCC can cover from one to 4 guests.

Thank you for your help in understanding this program.

See answers in RED above.

Note that you only need to put one person's name on the NCC. When you wish to assign a specific cruise to the NCC, you can add one or more guests at that time. Putting one person's name on the NCC limits your immediate out-of-pocket expense to $100.

Wasn't aware of these certificates. We sailed this past April and booked one week after getting back for next April. We have now decided to do a quick 3 day sailing this summer on the Majesty. Should I cancel my April 2014 cruise before this summer's Majesty cruise, get one of these certificates while onboard and rebook the April 2014 cruise and get the onboard credit? Or will they just give me the certificate and allow me to apply it to my APril 2014 sailing?

Thanks.

Wasn't aware of these certificates. We sailed this past April and booked one week after getting back for next April. We have now decided to do a quick 3 day sailing this summer on the Majesty. Should I cancel my April 2014 cruise before this summer's Majesty cruise, get one of these certificates while onboard and rebook the April 2014 cruise and get the onboard credit? Or will they just give me the certificate and allow me to apply it to my APril 2014 sailing?

Thanks.

Wait until you book with a NC or book onboard to cancel your April cruise. It would stink if the price of your April cruise went up before you got a chance to rebook using a NC.

But no, you will have to cancel and rebook. It is a new reservation, so it cannot be applied to an existing reservation.

Hi All,

Can I buy 3 and use them towards ONE cruise ( for one cabin ) ? or are we allowed only ONE/ $100.00 / cruise/cabin ? I hope I'm making myself clear.:o

So, the downpayment of $100.00 will show on your on board credit card as OBC. If we buy 3, will $300.00 show on board credit card as OBC?

Are we just buying the OBC for a later cruise Or we get a discount of $100.00 towards the cost of the total cost of cruise + $100.00 On Board Credits?:eek:

I think I got it or maybe someone will correct me please?:D:D

Hi All,

Can I buy 3 and use them towards ONE cruise ( for one cabin ) ? or are we allowed only ONE/ $100.00 / cruise/cabin ? I hope I'm making myself clear.:o

So, the downpayment of $100.00 will show on your on board credit card as OBC. If we buy 3, will $300.00 show on board credit card as OBC?

Are we just buying the OBC for a later cruise Or we get a discount of $100.00 towards the cost of the total cost of cruise + $100.00 On Board Credits?:eek:

One certificate per stateroom.

The $100 you spend on the certificate is applied to your down payment on the cruise you eventually assign to the certificate. You get an additional OBC applied to the cruise you assign to the certificate. The OBC amount is determined by the length of the cruise you assign, typical value is $100 per stateroom for a 7 day cruise.

Hi All,

No. Each NCC is associated with a unique booking number which will be the one used for your future booked cruise. You can't bunch them up.

When we on the Allure last month, we got a NCC for our friends who are cruising with us next year. LA stressed to me that it was important to transfer the open booking to my friend's name before she booked the cruise itself.

[quote name='graf103']When we on the Allure last month, we got a NCC for our friends who are cruising with us next year. LA stressed to me that it was important to transfer the open booking to my friend's name before she booked the cruise itself.[/QUOTE]

That's really good to know, since the program for friends & family just changed recently. :)

Archived