24 hour anything?

misssea

Right -- I had to go to bed at a certain -- back a couple of centuries ago :D -- and no snacking after dinner until breakfast the next morning.

Did you get to take your IPhone to bed with you? :D:D:D

Those were the good old days.

The last time my late teen/ early 20's age boys cruised with us, they ate just 3 meals a day generally, one at 11:30 am, one for dinner and then burgers were ordered via room service at 1:00 am. That was how they enjoyed their vacation!

It didn't bother me a bit, they had their own cabin! ;) :D

I hate to be snarky but..... some people hate to be critical....and some people hate to come across wrong but.....

I think the OP asked about the room service and not how ya'll were raised and parenting methods, and she got a great answer early on in big bold blue text :D

And yes, I answered about the EURODAM and not her ship before anyone jumps on that, and I stated EURODAM so nobody would jump on what I said about room service....

Do ya'll see a trend here? Maybe I'm just having PVI (post vacation irritation) or the less desireable PMS, we all know what that means, or maybe it's just that time for the boards here lately? :confused: *runs*

I agree with VallyD. There's lots of great info on CruiseCritic, but it's getting harder and harder to find as I sift through all the editorializing and commentary. OP asked a simple question and it was answered.

I agree with VallyD. There's lots of great info on CruiseCritic, but it's getting harder and harder to find as I sift through all the editorializing and commentary. OP asked a simple question and it was answered.

Thank you for supporting me I was ready for a witch hunt.

Hope OP remembers to tip the steward delivering the food.:)

I don't mean to start a "tip/no-tip" battle here, but am genuinely curious. Should you tip the steward that drops off the room service? I felt that they were like the rest of the food staff and received their tips through the daily service charge.

I don't mean to start a "tip/no-tip" battle here, but am genuinely curious. Should you tip the steward that drops off the room service? I felt that they were like the rest of the food staff and received their tips through the daily service charge.

We always tip them $1 to $3 - depending on how much they're delivering. But that's just us. No rules here.

I hate to be snarky but..... some people hate to be critical....and some people hate to come across wrong but.....

I think the OP asked about the room service and not how ya'll were raised and parenting methods, and she got a great answer early on in big bold blue text :D

And yes, I answered about the EURODAM and not her ship before anyone jumps on that, and I stated EURODAM so nobody would jump on what I said about room service....

Do ya'll see a trend here? Maybe I'm just having PVI (post vacation irritation) or the less desireable PMS, we all know what that means, or maybe it's just that time for the boards here lately? :confused: *runs*

I've found there are some very strong opinions on CC so like anywhere on the internet its important to try not to let too many people get to you. There is a ton of information on this site and through its members but it's almost like a reddit sub thread some days.

I hear you on the post vacation irritation! Although it's pre in my case. Only 2 weeks of work until our second cruise and I'm practically bouncing off the walls!

The general rule on Cruise Critic seems to be that a question is answered by the 6th or 7th response and then after that it becomes a free-for-all. That is just the way things happen. Some times it bugs me and some times I am guilt of doing it.

If all threads consisted of just a question answered and only answers given, very few would stretch to page 2.

VallyD, sometimes when you ask somebody what time it is they tell you how to build a watch.

No, here they're more likely to chastise you for not knowing what time it is and ramble on that in their day everyone knew what time it was, because they were raised properly and it would be unseemly to not know the correct time. They would add that people who don't know the correct time do not belong on HAL, and would be more comfortable on Carnival with others of their ilk.

No, here they're more likely to chastise you for not knowing what time it is and ramble on that in their day everyone knew what time it was, because they were raised properly and it would be unseemly to not know the correct time. They would add that people who don't know the correct time do not belong on HAL, and would be more comfortable on Carnival with others of their ilk.

Or they will tell you how much the watch costs and how appalled they were that when they bought it someone had the nerve to wear jeans and a t shirt in such an upscale jewelry store .

Geez couldn't these people see the cases of Rolexs and Movados set the atmosphere for a suit and tie .

Not that they notice , of course. And it no way impacted their watch buying experience

OP - if your hungry person happens to like clubhouse sandwiches - HAL does a pretty good job with these (yum):)

We had an exchange student from China one year. It amazed me how much he could eat and drink. :eek: What I thought was plenty of groceries and milk and oj for the week didn't last three days:D And, of course he was skinny as a rail:cool:

These comments bring to mind my favourite forum post - How many posters does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb".

Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp".

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct.

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb forum.

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum.

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

5 People to post pics of their own light bulbs.

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's.

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

4 to say "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "Do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".

1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that Nick Clegg isn't the brightest bulb.

4 more to get into personal attacks over their political views.

1 moderator to lock the light bulb thread.

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

Which one are you?

:D:D

The general rule on Cruise Critic seems to be that a question is answered by the 6th or 7th response and then after that it becomes a free-for-all. That is just the way things happen. Some times it bugs me and some times I am guilt of doing it.

If all threads consisted of just a question answered and only answers given, very few would stretch to page 2.

CC is an open forum. People are free to discuss whatever they choose. Whether you agree or disagree.

CC is an open forum. People are free to discuss whatever they choose. Whether you agree or disagree.

Yes, they are free to discuss whatever they choose - it's when they start attacking each other that it crosses the boundaries, or imposing opinions as they only right way to do something.

Yes, they are free to discuss whatever they choose - it's when they start attacking each other that it crosses the boundaries, or imposing opinions as they only right way to do something.

Someone may see something as a differing opinion while someone else sees it as an attack. How to determine which is which?

Archived