Suites pricing for Oasis of the Seas - Oct 27, 2014 sailing

Just sharing ....

This is a special 5-night sailing on the Oasis going to Nassau and Cozumel only. It is the first Caribbean sailing after returning from the transatlantic. Here are the suite pricing I am seeing right now on RCCL website, which I thought some of them are quite interesting.

Price for 1st/2nd passenger only, excluding tax/fee:

JS $1109

GS $1408

OS $1469

L2 $1419

L1 $1619

So Owner's Suite is just $60 more per person than Grand Suite. So I guess either OS is underpriced, or GS is overpriced. If I look at the per diem cost, GS is $282, OS is $294 per diem. When checking at the price of the equivalent sailing on Oasis in 2013 (last week of October), or the Oasis sailing in first week of November in 2014, these prices seem to be quite good.

What's also interesting is the pricing of the Crown Loft suite ... again, per diem for L2 (aft-facing) is $284, and per diem for L1 (side-facing) is $324. I somehow have the impression that the standard price for these Loft Suites are at least $400+ per diem during off season sailing, a bit more for Allure, and much more for peak season.

For comparison purpose, here are the prices for some other categories, which I think is pretty consistent at a per diem level comparing to equivalent 7-night sailing on Oasis/Allure around that time of the year.

B1 $739

B2 $729

C1 $709

C2 $699

D1 $889

D2 $839

D3 $829

D4 $819

D5 $799

D6 $789

D7 $749

D8 $749

BV $699

CV $649

N $599

we are looking for around this time for a cruise next year but really want a 7 day. the 7 day Allure for a reg balcony is about the cost of the CL suite on that Oasis sailing.

That's the dilemma. I know 5 days is definitely too short, but these are prices for typical 7-day in a D1 balcony for a family of 4 during off season, or in an inside during summer/high season. So will you sacrifice 2 days of cruising for a once-in-a-timetime loft experience on OASIS? That's the question .... well, at least the choice is there. :)

That's the dilemma. I know 5 days is definitely too short, but these are prices for typical 7-day in a D1 balcony for a family of 4 during off season, or in an inside during summer/high season. So will you sacrifice 2 days of cruising for a once-in-a-timetime loft experience on OASIS? That's the question .... well, at least the choice is there. :)

Uggg I know that's the issue

What type of cabin do you have?

We currently have a Jr Suite. That's because the exact same Jr Suite was available on both sailings, and we don't have to change cabins. However, the pricing on the Crown Lofts for the 5-night really makes me think it would be worth it to change cabins for the second sailing.....dilemma.

I think that is a really good deal! Would love to have known the price of the royal suite before it sold out. If you find any other bargains pls do post :-)

I have the feeling you won't see these prices will last very long.

If you look at the Allure price for 2013 and 2014, and the Oasis price for early 2014, they are pretty consistent with what they are expected to be. Initially when I saw these price, I wondered if it was due to the weird itinerary, or the short cruise, or the fact that it is the first Caribbean sailing after drydock and its transatlantic, or something special during that period when Quantum is about to sail. But when I look at the non-suite pricing, they are normal. Even the JS pricing seems to make sense. It is only the GS, OS and Crown Loft pricing seem to be .... Interesting. I won't call this an "error" on RCI part. It is a "benefit" to RCI cruisers. :)

I booked 3 insides (category N) for Granduer out of Baltimore in the Aug 22, 2014 sailing. Price was $449pp. There was a thread about this. It looks like all cat N are already sold out. Once again, I wouldn't say this is an "error" :)

I have the feeling you won't see these prices will last very long.

I booked 3 insides (category N) for Granduer out of Baltimore in the Aug 22, 2014 sailing. Price was $449pp. There was a thread about this. It looks like all cat N are already sold out. Once again, I wouldn't say this is an "error" :)

You did good. Least expensive inside now is $699. I would really like to try a CL and almost booked one yesterday. Then reality set in. That is still twice as much as we are paying for our D7 on that sailing. Maybe if I win the lottery:rolleyes::D

Price for 1st/2nd passenger only, excluding tax/fee:

JS $1109

GS $1408

OS $1469

L2 $1419

L1 $1619

I guess some people have taking actions. New price seeing today (in $CAD, same as yesterday):

JS $1109

GS $1408

OS $1617

L2 $1518

L1 $1667

I guess some people have taking actions. New price seeing today (in $CAD, same as yesterday):

JS $1109

GS $1408

OS $1617

L2 $1518

L1 $1667

Thanks to you, I was one of those people!!! Booked my first crown loft!! :D

Thank you!!Thank you!!Thank you!!

That's strange, I booked a OS for this cruise for myself and husband and deposit was only $200.00 total.

Thanks Friend100 for alerting us to this bargain!

You're right- all it asked for was $200. But it made me nervous as I know suite deposits are double regular deposits. Call me paranoid, but I didn't want to give them any reason to cancel my ressie for an insufficient deposit.

• 11 months later...
Almost a year after the original post and the prices are significantly higher on all categories. It pays to read CC reguarly and book early. :).

Let's wait past final payment deadline and see how many cabins are released and if there is any price adjustment.

I think that is a really good deal! Would love to have known the price of the royal suite before it sold out. If you find any other bargains pls do post :-)

We booked th RFS in Nov 2013 for the 10/27/14 Oasis cruise . Price $ 6200.00 inc port , tax , ins & grat , for 6 of us . Four adults and 2 grandaughters .

• 5 months later...
Let's wait past final payment deadline and see how many cabins are released and if there is any price adjustment.

Suite prices finally readjusted to the prices from April 13 last week (about 39 days out). At one point the prices on all categories were more than a 7 night cruise.

The other categories started dropping before final payment, and now they are practically giving those cabins away. There are quite a few CL and JS left so I suspect they have to drop even lower to fill the ship. If the pricing was more reasonable earlier I suspect more people would have booked because it's probably hard for most to justify paying more for 5 nights than 7 nights with only two ports of call.

On another note, I'm surprise the Allure does not have this same itinerary after her return from dry dock.