Laundry package

roomiec

I believe you have to purchase it on the first day (like the beverage package).

The two times we have sailed on Windstar we purchased the laundry package, and in my opinion, it was so worth it.

Clothing was hung up and pressed and delicates came back folded in a paper bag. To have fresh clean and pressed clothes throughout the trip was a real treat. Plus it enabled us to pack light and only use carry on luggage.

On our recent Celebrity cruise, it was the thing I missed most!

Here are the current costs from the Windstar Website:

LAUNDRY SERVICES

Laundry service is provided on board at a nominal charge. Dry cleaning is not available. The following packages are available (must be prepaid before sailing):

7-day cruise (per cabin, double occupancy) $109.00

7-day cruise (per cabin, single occupancy) $ 54.50

14-day cruise (per cabin, double occupancy) $218.00

14-day cruise (per cabin, single occupancy) $109.00

Same for us. We put laundry out almost every night. They even press yourt-shirts! Everything looked so nice! It's a great deal.

They even pressed my sox and underwear. My wife told me not to expect that kind of service when we got home!

My husband insisted that we buy the laundry package. We signed up the first evening. IT was fabulous. WE put it out every morning and it came back that afternoon. Everything was ironed and on hangers. I went home with clean laundry. They even did laundry on the last day. Do not hesitate. You will love it.

• 1 year later...

I was just about to go out and buy a travel iron for our August 13 sailing on star pride. I did purchase the laundry package but assumed it was wash and fold. So glad to hear everything is pressed as well!!!

Since that first post way back in April 2013, we've sailed twice with Windstar and used the laundry package both times.

On our upcoming B2B on Wind Surf(8/27-9/13) we'll again use the package. This enables us to pack about 1/2 the amount of clothes we used to bring.

It's the best deal onboard.

I was just about to go out and buy a travel iron for our August 13 sailing on star pride. I did purchase the laundry package but assumed it was wash and fold. So glad to hear everything is pressed as well!!!

Travel irons are NEVER EVER allowed on cruise ships. Luggage is x-rayed before being loaded, and your iron would be confiscated before it ever made it to your cabin.

• 2 weeks later...

We always get the laundry package. Just did 19 straight days on the Wind Surf through the Baltic and the laundry package came in real handy. Packed less and because it was in the 80s the whole time we needed to have laundry done every day. Here's a caution; write on your laundry form "COLD WATER WASH" or everything will come back two sizes smaller. Also, take a delicates bag for bras & lace items so they don't get snagged in the wash.