Always wanted to try this....

pierces

Finally got back to Maho Beach a couple of weeks ago and got to try something I thought of after I got BACK to the ship last time.

I made sure I kept the horizon pretty level when panning to follow the incoming jet and fed the results into the panorama maker. It kept the first and last airplane image but I was able to snip the missing ones out of the originals and line them up by matching the clouds.

The result:

p1552664122-6.jpg

So, whatcha think?

The rest of the trip is loading now and will be done y about 10:00PM PDT. Link below:

http://galleries.pptphoto.com/reflection2013

Dave

Finally got back to Maho Beach a couple of weeks ago and got to try something I thought of after I got BACK to the ship last time.

I knew that there might be problems with the air traffic people being put on unpaid vacation time!

(Great planning Dave!)

I've been using a special pano head to take 180 - 360 views. I had a thought but had not tried it to put a subject in the center of each image. Your photo has inspired me to pursue that thought.

Was your camera Horz or Vertical? I've started shooting in the Vertical position.

Very nice photo, I've never seen better of that location.

framer

I've been using a special pano head to take 180 - 360 views. I had a thought but had not tried it to put a subject in the center of each image. Your photo has inspired me to pursue that thought.

Was your camera Horz or Vertical? I've started shooting in the Vertical position.

Very nice photo, I've never seen better of that location.

framer

Thank you!

The frames were horizontal. The subject was actually the plane so the orientation fit. Had I been going for a high-detail panorama only, I would have probably done a vertical set as well.

I've not tried one of the nodal panorama heads yet. Your thoughts?

Dave

framer

I actually tried a few new things like this vertical pano of the atrium:

p1553771188-6.jpg

Software is getting to be pretty darn clever!

Dave

I was refering to the camera position in horz or vertical.

In vertical it takes more images but you get more image.

The pano of the glacier in the signature line printed 11" x 140" @ 300dbi if I had shot it vertical it would have printed 17" x 140" I would have more image shown above the glacier.

The nodal panorama heads makes life easy. You can place an objects in close and they will stitch fine. I can also hand stitch without stitching software with little effort and without a blending layer that IMO softens the final product.

Hope that clear?

framer

looksawesome but would there be a shadow on the ocean????

Of course there would be shadows on the ocean, why wouldn't there be?

Maybe your not used to seeing shadows on the ocean becasue of the ocean color in most places. Water off the coasts of the states is generally very dark so although an object over the water would logically cast a shadow, you really wouldn't be able to see it very well on a darker background. But when the color is so brightly colored like in this picture you can easily see the shadow.

Neat idea - I haven't thought of trying that with stitching panos. I have done a few fixed-camera shots, multiple frames, as a moving subject came through the scene, then stacked the multiple frames to get sequence motion shots like that of the moving subject - but never did it as a pano.

The newest PlayMemories apps for the NEX wifi cameras now have a motion capture in-camera stacking that will do what I did manually, and similar to the effect you captured here, but within a single frame constraint rather than as a pano.

WELL DONE !!!!! Great to see new and different adjustment to photos, that can be done with todays photo software programs. Will give it a try with my NEX-6 PlayMemories app.

Tom :cool:

I like it!

Random question about your other photos, what lens did you use for the fisheye photos?

It was the little 8mm f/2.8 Rokinon for the NEX E-mount. It was a pre-Christmas Amazon Lightning Deal gift to myself and I am still amazed at how sharp it is when I remember to focus and set the aperture correctly!

Dave

Archived