Oasis- central park balcony upper or lower deck

I think I have decided on a central park balcony room. It is cheaper than a room with just a window so hey why not :) A balcony is not a must but some kind of daylight is a must. Any who, I am going back and forth with what deck to select.

I love to people watch so I assume lower would be the way to go? I don't wish to overlook any potential benefits of a room higher up. If you have stayed in one of these rooms and either loved or hated it I would love to read your thoughts.

Central park can be hot....really hot, because it's enclosed on 4 sides. You might try to get higher up for a little bit of airflow. Other than that, I don't see any reason to select higher or lower.

Our main problem was that the guests in the cabins opposite can see right into your cabin unless you keep the shades closed. We were on deck 11 and had quite a lot of pool noise. You may be better with a lower deck. The cabin itself was fine. If you open the balcony door, the air con automatically switches off so if you are people watching remember to close the balcony door behind you. We are back on the Oasis next year but have chosen a ocean view balcony as we prefer the sea view.

Yes, Central Park can be really loud from noise carried down from the pool deck. We were happy though with our deck 9 window cabin with Central Park view. Quiet and the view was nice.

I didn't think that the opposite cabin was much of a problem. While you might think they can see into your cabin very easy, if you look over to their side, you will realize that the window isn't really that big from where you are looking from.

We were on deck 11 opposite the Park Cafe. The only noise from above was the calypso band in the afternoon and I quite enjoyed sitting on my balcony reading and listening to the music. There is a constant 'din' from below, but it wasn't annoying. Once my door was shut, no problems at all. It was hot though--if the sun was hitting the balcony, I couldn't sit out there. There is no breeze and no sense that the ship is moving ever. Its like staying at a hotel on land with a court view. We enjoyed it, but I won't be doing it again. Back to ocean view for us!

I was on Allure deck 10 central park right under Chop's, no noise from below or from above.. Enjoyed looking at the wind in the trees. No problem with people on the opposite side. Whenever we wanted privacy, we just shut the curtains. Would book there any time. It was last March so no problem with the heat.

You will love ALLURE! ENJOY!

I really wish I could spring for the ocean balcony:( If I was splitting the cost with someone I would for sure.

@Brandis

You really got me thinking again about the central park view rather than the balcony central park view. I would save money with the balcony but I fear it may be too hot with the with a lack of air flow.

Thanks everyone... you gave me lots to think about.

Archived