Need for cabin mate

kandagal1939

Does she belong to any groups, such as ones for her age group who have lost a mate or always been single? If she doesn't have a favorite relative to go with (there are plenty who go without their significant other, even though my hubby would be jealous if I did), she would probably be better off with someone that she's known for a while and gets along with.

My Mom is an 84 years young widow. She and I cruise together once a year.(leaving my DH home alone) She also cruises with my sisters at different times. Plus once every couple of years we take the whole family, all the kids, spouses and grand kids cruise together. Now THAT is a blast!

My Mom is an 84 years young widow. She and I cruise together once a year.(leaving my DH home alone) She also cruises with my sisters at different times. Plus once every couple of years we take the whole family, all the kids, spouses and grand kids cruise together. Now THAT is a blast!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I have a cousin - a widow, aged 72 & she has never cruised. She is now saying she would like to do so but can't afford to pay solo rate. What are some of the ways she could find someone to share. I can't as I have a DH.

Surely she has some friends -- church maybe??

Do you have any other relatives?? Cousins??

The cruise lines can assign someone to share the cabin -- but that is risky as you have no idea who you will have as a cabin mate.

The cruise lines can assign someone to share the cabin -- but that is risky as you have no idea who you will have as a cabin mate.

This may have been the case on a line or two in the past, but is no longer true. The cruise lines do not put strangers together, precisely because it is risky.

I have a cousin - a widow, aged 72 & she has never cruised. She is now saying she would like to do so but can't afford to pay solo rate. What are some of the ways she could find someone to share. I can't as I have a DH.

I don't know what cruise line you are looking at but I've booked solo 3 times, and for a 7-night cruise have never paid over $800 for my own cabin on Carnival. I only cruise when the rates are lowest.

I would rather save up so go solo than share a room with a stranger.

It is nice you are tryng to find someone to share the cabin with your cousin but do you really think a stranger is the best idea especially for a first time cruiser?

I agree with the suggestions to find someone in her local community such as a church member, garden club, local activities sort of group.

Best wishes. Hope you find someone suitable to sail with your cousin.

Archived