Controversy with all inclusive - what would you like included?

English Tim

I find the if you cant afford it you shouldnt be here statements quite offensive,i work hard for my money and how i spend it is up to me

The alternative dining should have a surcharge so as rationing doesnt occur,as for drinks i like Becks intfact im drinking some as i type,but more of a choice ie Amstel light which is a nice low alcohol beer and maybe a cider,as for sprits i can take them or leave them i normally mix with a soft drink so a decent sprit is wasted,so the current choice is ok

I to was mislead by the all inclusive advertising but as this is our 3rd azamara cruise i know the on board experience will make up for it :):)

I will enjoy my forthcoming AZ cruises, and utilise the available drinks.

However it would have been nice to have a dark beer and Guinness added.

Port and dry sherry would have been a good idea. From a selfish perspective a nice Irish Whiskey would have been much appreciated.

One other addition that is essential - a good quality Indian Tonic water!

I have already noted on my comment card and spoken to Philip regarding the lack of any kind of Sherry on the list of included spirits. If that were added I would be a happy camper (er, contented cruiser or sanguine sailor).

Mare....just take your free bottles of bubbles to Mosaic and ask Ruby to help you out. Last October she provided us with ice buckets, stem glasses, Cassis, Peach liqueur etc.....all so we could mix our own Kir Royale's and Bellini's and no question of any payment.

We did have a fair number of bottles of free fizz to get rid of though! :D

Thanks for the tip...I think we'll definitely do that. Have to get one of those stoppers made for sparkling wine, though. A kir royale in the evening and a bellini at noon and maybe a mimosa at breakfast...I'll be a very very happy person.

I have to agree, its getting repetitive and a trifle annoying seeing the same cruisers resurrecting the same arguments in alternative guises about something the cruiseline is still in the first few weeks of delivering

I suggest people go on an Azamara cruise and see what they enjoy and to what extent they feel they have to pay extra; then reflect is that because they have very specific tastes or a genuine gap, then feed it back to Azamara in their end of cruise feedback. That was the cruiseline can get balanced feedback across their customer base.

I have tried to raise my concerns privately, by email to AZ, but so far I haven't received the courtesy of a reply, hence this thread.

I have tried to raise my concerns privately, by email to AZ, but so far I haven't received the courtesy of a reply, hence this thread.
Don't let anyone discourage you, Tim. This thread is a useful vehicle to give customer input to Azamara--something they should be delighted to be getting at no cost to them--and if their marketing department has any sense:confused: they'll take action on the feedback they're getting.

There seems to be a clear consensus: the package needs real beers, a sparkling wine (doesn't have to be champagne), fortified wines, and something besides creme de cacao and creme de menthe to complete a fine dinner.

Mare....just take your free bottles of bubbles to Mosaic and ask Ruby to help you out. Last October she provided us with ice buckets, stem glasses, Cassis, Peach liqueur etc.....all so we could mix our own Kir Royale's and Bellini's and no question of any payment.

We did have a fair number of bottles of free fizz to get rid of though! :D

Lottie,

And hopefully we will be doing exactly the same with our bubbles in Mosaic in a few days time .

So hope Ruby is on board. She is a lovely lady and such fun.

See you in a very few days!

H

Thanks for the tip...I think we'll definitely do that. Have to get one of those stoppers made for sparkling wine, though. A kir royale in the evening and a bellini at noon and maybe a mimosa at breakfast...I'll be a very very happy person.

Mare S

You sound like my kind of woman!

Enjoy your cruise whenever it is.

Lottie and I can't wait to be back among all our friends on Quest on May 5

Mare S

You sound like my kind of woman!

Enjoy your cruise whenever it is.

Lottie and I can't wait to be back among all our friends on Quest on May 5

Alas, we have to wait until next January...but maybe by then, Azamara will have tweaked the liquor list a bit...enjoy your cruise and tell us all about it.

mare

Since you asked, here is what I would like to have included.

1. At least one complimentary specialty dining for all guests

2. Perrier Sparkling Water

3. Evian Still Water

4. Baileys

5. Sparkling Wine

6. Pinot Grigio (Can be Bellini which is found on Celebrity)

The addition I would like to see is some decent, proper beer.

So that will be Spitfire, Kent's Best and Master Brew Ales then on Tap not bottled - none of these pseudo-beers like lagers unless of course brewed by Shepherd Neame!

Hello Azamara Inclusive Beverage Followers -

Thank you for taking your time to continue make suggestions for our new beverage program. I thought it would make sense to reiterate that I'll be submitting a series of summaries to our senior management team of your ongoing Cruise Critic comments and opinions about the complimentary program and the value-priced beverage packages.

I want to let you know that I'll be using this newthread to gather my feedback information. Previously, my source has been the thread titled "New 2013 Inclusive Beverage Program Details" posted by me on March 20th, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1812254. Frankly, I think it's time to switch from that very epic and emotional thread with its current 364 replies and 19,600 + views to one that reflects opinions generated from having the official beverage program details on the website as well as the actual program in operation on the Azamara Quest since March 27th.

Shortly, on May 15th, the program will be in operation on the Azamara Journey which means that we'll be able to gather our guests' and hotel staff's comments from a "live" setting from both vessels. We're in the program's introductory phase which indicates that as it's rolled out, the program might be fine-tuned as we tap into the voice of the marketplace.

Along with my summaries of your Cruise Critic comments, our executive team will be evaluating and considering actual onboard guest and hotel staff feedback and its implications for program development. I will keep the community informed about the program on the Azamara forum.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

OK, if this is to be the forum for suggestions, I agree with other posters that something sparkling is important, cava, proseco, or champagne if you're feeling generous. ;) Something that will suffice for a dessert wine would be great as well; I suggest a cream sherry because it is inexpensive, but a chenin blanc or muscat would be nice. And the choice of bourbon is abysmal. If the supplier is Jim Beam, then get the Jim Beam Black. If the supplier is negotiable, Makers Mark would be super. But Jim Beam White Label is an embarrassment, and barely fit for human consumption (unless you're 21 years old and you're going to mix it with Coke--I fit neither description, unfortunately for the first and blessedly for the second).

Bill, I think most people agree that something with bubbles would be a welcome addition. Personally I would prefer a good Prosecco or Cava rather than a cheap Champagne.

I would also like sparkling water...Perrier or Pellegrino would be great.

Hello Azamara Inclusive Beverage Followers -

Thank you for taking your time to continue make suggestions for our new beverage program. I thought it would make sense to reiterate that I'll be submitting a series of summaries to our senior management team of your ongoing Cruise Critic comments and opinions about the complimentary program and the value-priced beverage packages.

I want to let you know that I'll be using this newthread to gather my feedback information. Previously, my source has been the thread titled "New 2013 Inclusive Beverage Program Details" posted by me on March 20th, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1812254. Frankly, I think it's time to switch from that very epic and emotional thread with its current 364 replies and 19,600 + views to one that reflects opinions generated from having the official beverage program details on the website as well as the actual program in operation on the Azamara Quest since March 27th.

Shortly, on May 15th, the program will be in operation on the Azamara Journey which means that we'll be able to gather our guests' and hotel staff's comments from a "live" setting from both vessels. We're in the program's introductory phase which indicates that as it's rolled out, the program might be fine-tuned as we tap into the voice of the marketplace.

Along with my summaries of your Cruise Critic comments, our executive team will be evaluating and considering actual onboard guest and hotel staff feedback and its implications for program development. I will keep the community informed about the program on the Azamara forum.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

I am reassured by Bill's post that there could be some tweaks to the list going forward.

My preference would be for a sparkling wine product to be included so that I can enjoy a Kir Royale or three.

My friends and I will see how this new introduction is working when we join the Quest next Sunday and will report back on our return.

Bill, I think most people agree that something with bubbles would be a welcome addition. Personally I would prefer a good Prosecco or Cava rather than a cheap Champagne.

I would also like sparkling water...Perrier or Pellegrino would be great.

I agree about some' bubbles'. Given that you can buy a bottle of drinkable Cava in a Spanish supermarket for around €1.50 I am very surprised it is not included. Will also report back after our Black Sea cruise! Ukrainian Cava is probably even cheaper...:rolleyes:

I am fine with the list as it is, and was satisfied with the wine at lunch and dinner. I would like to see the harpist reinstated, I always enjoyed a drink before dinner listening to the harp music. I was willing to pay for my drink, but I will miss the music.

I am fine with the list as it is, and was satisfied with the wine at lunch and dinner. I would like to see the harpist reinstated, I always enjoyed a drink before dinner listening to the harp music. I was willing to pay for my drink, but I will miss the music.

I think the majority of us were perfectly content to pay for our drinks.

Many on this board including me were very happy with the status quo.

Now with the new introductions and the corresponding hike in prices I plan to assess whether Azamara still offers value for money.

As I am fortunate enough to be boarding Quest next weekend I will be able to do that very soon.

I think the majority of us were perfectly content to pay for our drinks.

Many on this board including me were very happy with the status quo.

Now with the new introductions and the corresponding hike in prices I plan to assess whether Azamara still offers value for money.

As I am fortunate enough to be boarding Quest next weekend I will be able to do that very soon.

Sorry, Spursgirl, but as a Gooner I hope you're not celebrating today's win onboard! ))

With the greatest respect can we keep this discussion about preferences on and around the new Azamara offer and not revert to the old theme of ' I liked azamara as it was', please?

Yvonne:(

I did not think I was changing the topic of this thread when the question asked is what you would like to see included in the program. Since everyone was suggesting their favorite spirit, I thought that I would like to see the music restored. To me that brings more pleasure than the difference between a blended and single malt whiskey. I am glad that this thread is monitored by Bill Leber and suggestions are being passed up the line, and I wanted to add my 2 cents worth.

Sorry, Spursgirl, but as a Gooner I hope you're not celebrating today's win onboard! ))

With apologies to HudandPug for going off topic, what win was that then?

And I am still in glorious Spursland - we board next Sunday

I will enjoy my forthcoming AZ cruises, and utilise the available drinks.

However it would have been nice to have a dark beer and Guinness added.

Port and dry sherry would have been a good idea. From a selfish perspective a nice Irish Whiskey would have been much appreciated.

One other addition that is essential - a good quality Indian Tonic water!

Norn iron

I totally agree with what you have said all I was looking for was some cider for my husband he is gluten intolerante ( I did write a post to Bill got a reply....did think it was a wee bit ....you know) any way we WILL enjoy our cruise in July we will just have to make do I suppose

It'll be hard I now but we'll give it a go

Julie

Archived