International Cafe menu

rxnrn

The Chicken & Cashew Waldorf Salad is my go-to light lunch or late night snack!

Don

Oh, I do love a good Waldorf Salad! That would be a good evening snack, instead of going back to the Horizon Court.

Is there a long line in the IC in the mornings? I had planned on breakfast in the room but this looks yummy.

Not so much at the International Cafe for getting the little goodies, but over at the coffee counter it was a bit of a mess with no real line and people just standing and sitting wherever around the counter placing their orders...

8363605493_62a5ea12fa_z.jpg

Thanks for everyones response! And to dmwnc1959, those pictures are awesome. I think my blood sugar went to 300 just looking at them:D. I cannot wait to try this place out. Smooth sailing to all.

Yes, Except for the Gelato, and not all IC's have it.

And the Expresso.. Buy a coffee card.

I love the Coffee Card but it doesn't make sense for straight Espresso:

• Regular Price espresso is under two bucks (1.75?)
  • Each punch on the Coffee Card cost you $2.20
  • A double shot may take two punches if the barista follows the letter of the law... if you see that you are getting double shots for one punch, though, go for it!

The Prosciutto and Mozzarella Panini not toasted are my favorite. In the morning they make a version of the Egg McMuffin. Didn't know it until the Captain came up and ordered it. They also have one or two soups during the day. I guess you figured out that I like the IC.:D

We found out about the Egg Breakfast Muffin when we saw the Executive Chef Jeremy Snowden order one. We had one every morning after that!

Looking through some of our old papers we ran across two coffee cards from a couple years ago! They still have places to be punches for specialty coffees so we will be bringing those with us.

• 3 months later...
After seeing these photos, why would anyone bother with the HC?

Talk about 'temptation -heaven' ;)

And how do you decide what to eat? I saw like 10 things from those photos I would want ALL AT THE SAME TIME! :eek:

Man, makes me wonder if I won't end up visiting the IC several times a day. :D

We found out about the Egg Breakfast Muffin when we saw the Executive Chef Jeremy Snowden order one. We had one every morning after that!

What we liked about the breakfast muffin sandwiches was that they were made to order, so always hot and fresh. This was on the Star around the horn in 2012.

I see the question regarding 'free coffee' was asked but I don't see an answer. Can you get a free regular coffee at the IC? Everything looks sooooo good!

No, the IC only has specialty coffees for a charge or using the Coffee Card.

They don't have an 'urn' of free coffee like at the Horizon Court or the Main Dining Rooms.

I don't know if they have brewed coffee (unlimited with the Coffee Card for the duration of your cruise).

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

Recently on the Coral the one time we went to the IC after 11:00 PM there were only cheese plates available. :(

Since the HC closed at 11:00 PM they should have sandwiches available...maybe they want to keep room service busy. ;)

I can picture it now, picking up something every night before bed. I'll be the one in sweats at the end of the cruise. (My stretchy clothes):rolleyes::rolleyes:

If it's like our recent experience on the Coral after 11 PM it's only cheese plates. :(

Here are pictures I took of some of the offerings at the International Cafe offerings during my cruise on Ruby Princess this past December:

Anyone else notice the Chicken Salad sign and the Grilled Vegetable Salad sign are switched?

Yes, I am "pressing my nose to the glass" of these pics, and will keep doing so until my next cruise!

yummmm

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

I noticed the signs were switched too. I love the shrimp salad. And the grilled sandwiches.

We found sometimes it was hard to get a seat at the IC. A couple of times we took our plates up to our cabin and ate on the balcony with a glass of wine. Or when a couple of people in our group wanted to eat from the Horizon Court, we brought our plates and met them at the outside pool area.

I had a really really yummy clam chowder from the IC.

Archived