Getaway cabins

wilson2579

Family would like us to go on a mini cruise for our 30th anniversary. We need 3 cabins and it is on a getaway. I seem to be only able to book 2 cabins on line. Does anyone know if I am able to book 3 cabins on a getaway fare and would I be able to change dining options on board if we were on different sittings. Thanks.

Will be ringing them tomorrow to find out but was curious to know now:rolleyes:

Just get your bookings linked and you shouldn't have a problem, your cabins may be on different decks or different ends of the ship though.

Sue

Thanks Sue. We don't mind the cabins not being near each other (might be a good idea to have them away from us, them being more into partying than us)

but I was concerned we would have different sittings for dinner.:eek:

When you make your bookings you choose the sitting. So you could all choose the same sitting.

What I don't know is whether your bookings will be automatically linked and all put on one table. If you are booking 3 rooms with 2 persons each, you could specify all three to have the same sitting and each booking could choose a 6 person table. What I don't know is whether you will all automatically be placed on the same 6 person table. can anybody else advise? Does it make a difference if the rooms are all booked on the one booking?

When you make your bookings you choose the sitting. So you could all choose the same sitting.

What I don't know is whether your bookings will be automatically linked and all put on one table. If you are booking 3 rooms with 2 persons each, you could specify all three to have the same sitting and each booking could choose a 6 person table. What I don't know is whether you will all automatically be placed on the same 6 person table. can anybody else advise? Does it make a difference if the rooms are all booked on the one booking?

Thanks for the help carhirer. The problem is I have never booked a getaway fare before and I am lead to believe there is no choice on dinner sitting. This I can put up with as long as we are altogether as it is for our 30th anniversary. Some people would say for us to book vantage but the price is too expensive for 6 of us and we only agreed to do it because of the getaway price.

I have recently booked getaway fare for 2 cabins on one booking and was given the option to choose dinner sittings. This is part of the booking process. I chose late sitting and table of 4 for both cabins. This is confirmed on my online account

Nearer the time i will need to check whether we are all on the same table.

You will need to phone PO as you want 3. Cabins

Thanks for the help carhirer. The problem is I have never booked a getaway fare before and I am lead to believe there is no choice on dinner sitting. This I can put up with as long as we are altogether as it is for our 30th anniversary. Some people would say for us to book vantage but the price is too expensive for 6 of us and we only agreed to do it because of the getaway price.

Certainly this will be the case. It is one of the ways to make getaways different. If they did not make them different they would be in more trouble than they now are. They may still be offering a choice of dining but I would not bank on it.

We are coming to the point were in you want a getaway price then all choice goes out of the window.

However at the moment on most cruises we have been on 2nd sitting has been least favourite of the 3 on offer so if hat is what you want you may be OK.

I do not know if this is true for 2 nighters.

Gan Canny

Dai

:cool:

We have found that if we link our bookings we have always been given the same table as our friends. This happened on the getaway deal last September.

There are new dining rules coming in for getaways later this year but presently you can choose your sitting.

Just get your TA to link all of your bookings and you shouldn't have a problem.

There is always the option of the select dining venues as well.

Sue

Family would like us to go on a mini cruise for our 30th anniversary. We need 3 cabins and it is on a getaway. I seem to be only able to book 2 cabins on line. Does anyone know if I am able to book 3 cabins on a getaway fare and would I be able to change dining options on board if we were on different sittings. Thanks.

Will be ringing them tomorrow to find out but was curious to know now:rolleyes:

the no chice fir dinner sittings does not come in until 2014 for getaway fares. you should be able to specify the sitting you want this year. once everything is booked you could trying ringing pando direct and ask if you can all be sat on the same table. failing that you could always book alternative dining for that night (with a cover charge0

So presumably if I have booked 2 cabins on one online booking they would automatically be linked?

I will phone P&O nearer the time.

Interesting to hear that Getaway bookings will not be able to book dinner sittings and table sizes etc. P&O will probably have to go out of their way to keep getaway bookers separate, just to appease vantage passengers. They will probably end up with large tables of miscellaneous getaway passengers with huge smug looks on their faces!

I have been looking at the cruise personaliser, when I booked the guy on the phone said we will have a balcony cabin, but on the personaliser it says GUAR but where it should say a category it is empty?

I thought it would say GE which is what he said we would be or higher?

Is this normal or should I give them a call?

I believe you will get the guarantee of a Balcony or higher - that's' why it says GUAR

I know what GUAR means, but my booking doesn't mention the word balcony, I was only told that on the phone.

On the cruise personaliser where it says type of cabin it remains blank.

Perhaps my question wasn't very clear.

I know what GUAR means, but my booking doesn't mention the word balcony, I was only told that on the phone.

On the cruise personaliser where it says type of cabin it remains blank.

Perhaps my question wasn't very clear.

Do you have any paperwork from P&O? ie a booking confirmation as that will show it......

Booked and 3 cabin dining all linked together and got freedom dining which is great.:D

Glad to hear you are all sorted, but next time, try and book through a travel agent and they will sort all that out for you. Yes, they also sell the Getaway fares.:D:D

Archived