Seattle Wine Shops

BellBoys

Does anyone have any recommended wine shops as we would like to purchase a case of wine prior to our Alaskan cruise. We are staying downtown so would love to find a place we could walk to.

Thanks!

We use World Market. Depending on where you are staying, it may be walkable for you. They have a reasonable selection of wine. Store is at 2103 Western Ave. There are also wine possibilities near Pike's Market, those being small stores with more limited selections.

There are 2 Total Wine & More stores in the Seattle area. One is in Tukwila, which is basically right near Sea-Tac and the other is in Bellevue. Neither are walking distance from a downtown hotel, but if your coming from Sea-Tac, the Tukwila store is a very easy stop on the way to your hotel if the timing is right. Or, its a reasonable cab ride from your hotel.

Total Wine is an incredible store with an amazing selection and very good prices. They are much better than anything you will find in the downtown area and the cost savings will more than pay the cab fare. You can even place your order online and they will have it all boxed up for you to pick up. That's what I did the last time we were there for a cruise. The cab driver from the airport had no problem stopping at the Tukwila store. It took 5 minutes to run into the store and pick up the pre-paid order. Very convenient.

Last cruise from Seattle, we bought a couple of $$ bottles from Pike & Western, then walked over to World Market for a few bottles that we know and like. We stayed very close to Westlake Center. The walk to the Pike St. Market area isn't bad from that part of town.

There is a Whole Foods at the corner of Westlake Ave. and Denny Way, a few blocks north of Westlake Center and the Westin. For a treat, there is a place called the Tasting Room in the Post Alley (near Pike Place Market) that features Washington state wines.

Dave

No one has mentioned it yet, but there is a wine warehouse on Elliott Ave right before the turn off to Pier 91 as you are going to the ship in Seattle. You could have your taxi just pull in, do a case-worth of shopping and then hop right back in (not that I have any personal experience with doing this...but it was really easy! :D) Great selection too. As I remember it, it's just past the Starbucks and on the right. There is a little bridge that takes you up and over Elliott to access the pier and it's before then. We were in and out in under 10 minutes.

No one has mentioned it yet, but there is a wine warehouse on Elliott Ave right before the turn off to Pier 91 as you are going to the ship in Seattle. You could have your taxi just pull in, do a case-worth of shopping and then hop right back in (not that I have any personal experience with doing this...but it was really easy! :D) Great selection too. As I remember it, it's just past the Starbucks and on the right. There is a little bridge that takes you up and over Elliott to access the pier and it's before then. We were in and out in under 10 minutes.

Sounds pefect. You wouldn't happen to recall the name of the place, would you?

I just looked it up online - it's Called Wine Outlet and has lots of 5 stars on Yelp. Address is 946 Elliott Ave W. Looking at the map, it's about 2 blocks before the turn off to Pier 91 (that's called the Magnolia Bridge on the map). It opens at 10am on Saturdays and 11am on Sundays - so perfect if you are arriving at the ship, since boarding won't start until 11:30am.

Archived