Need an Expert's Advice

lcp9984

Looking to book our first balcony, possibly on Victory. I am assuming "AFT" balcony means that it is at the back of the ship. Are there any other advantages for an AFT over regular balcony? Do they tend to be more expensive? Any info would be helpful !:confused:

They mean AFT FACING .. not just a aft balcony. There are also some that are L shaped that are longer.

aft facing are usually extended balconys, so twice as deep and can have lounge chairs. The others are 3 1/2 feet deep with regular upright chairs.

Aft facing will cost more.

The most costly regular balconys are 9Cs, the corner balconys that you can see two directions. wrap around balconys. I would rather have these than a suite.

Looking to book our first balcony, possibly on Victory. I am assuming "AFT" balcony means that it is at the back of the ship. Are there any other advantages for an AFT over regular balcony? Do they tend to be more expensive? Any info would be helpful !:confused:

Here are the balcony categories on most ships:

• Balcony [2 chairs and a small table provided]
  • Premium Balcony [oversized balcony - may have a lounger]]
  • Aft-View Extended Balcony [back of the ship, facing out over the ocean - lounger plus table and chairs]
  • Premium Vista Balcony [corner back; wraps around from the side to the back - REALLY big balcony - loungers and table/chairs]

The Premium Vista balcony and the aft will have an up charge of from $10 -$50 per day person, but sometimes you catch a break. You can get a regular balcony in the aft [ie, rear 1/3 of the ship] that will face our from the side of the ship. The term "aft balcony" colloquially refers to those in the far back that look out over the wake.

Hope this helps.

I had the large L shaped corner balcony on the Conquest, I absolutely loved the space and having such a huge view! Inside AND out! The only drawback, which wasn't much to me was alot of salt residue on the balc. so don't leave any electronics out there any length of time! Also there was A LOT! of motion, don't know if it was location, or just rough water, but again, I actually liked it, I'm not prone to seasickness! So I would deff. do it again. Guess it's a personal choice and how picky one is.OHHH... another plus is being at the end of the hall, it's very! very! quiet! lol...but a lonnngggg way to the other end! lol

I prefer an aft balcony over the others. It is just very tranquil. Wind has never been an issue where is can make the side balconies unusable. We had corner afts on Carnival and Princess and they are great. On Princess, it is a full suite with a balcony you could play tennis on. You do have to be prepared for motion and vibrations especially when docking so you can't be someone who suffers from motion sickness. The are the hottest cabins (by popularity and not temperature) on the ship and tend to go first. And the view.............

I used to love the aft balconies facing off the back of the ship- they have bigger balconies then what is offered on the side.

But then they changed the prices and these cost more then a side one so we no longer get them

I do prefer my cabins to be in the aft section of the ship-- which is by the aft elevator.

Closer to that elevator the better. (I like the cat 8b around 7409 area just dont look at the 8C (different color - more money same cabin

I always get a balcony cabin. However, I do get seasick so have yet to try an aft balcony. Not sure I ever should as I suspect it would bring on seasickness for someone like me. I wear a prescription patch but don't want to push my luck.

You may want to keep that in mind if seasickness is an issue for anyone in the cabin.

I always get a balcony cabin. However, I do get seasick so have yet to try an aft balcony. Not sure I ever should as I suspect it would bring on seasickness for someone like me. I wear a prescription patch but don't want to push my luck.

You may want to keep that in mind if seasickness is an issue for anyone in the cabin.

This is the same reason I just get a regular balcony and do a small upgrade to midship.

I did do aft once / it is a nice view. It's not like I was really sick or anything, but I didn't feel 100% on rougher times at sea. We had the L and two afts for our party and took out all the dividers. We usually cruise with extended family and my dad always gets the big aft L shaped balcony, so I go over there and visit. Midship is better for me at night though and when seas are rough.

We had an Aft balcony once. I can't remember which ship... but I hated it. The balcony was a little larger, but I really prefer being mid-ship.

I did too. Didn't like seeing where I'd been rather than where I was going. It was RCL. Soot on everything.

Archived