Why pick Oceanic for my next cruise

wwinfl91

I have been on a few cruises and different cruise lines. Oceanic has a Panama Canal cruise on the Regatta we are looking at. Can some of you Oceanic veterans give me some good reasons to go on it.

One other question is what is their policy on bringing on-board liquor and wine?

Thanks and have a great next cruise.

One other question is what is their policy on bringing on-board liquor and wine?

First it is OCEANIA ;)

No problem bringing wine, beer or alcohol for use in your cabin or if you take the wine to the dining venue and pay the corkage fee

You may also want to look at the drink packages instead of having to pack bottles

I have no idea your likes or dislike or what your cruising style is

A reason to go on Oceania would be because you have not done so before ;)

Most people are "hooked" once they try OCEANIA

I would read though some of the other posts to get a feel of what Oceania is all about then see if it fits your needs/wants

Enjoy

Lyn

Thanks for the ideas and the reply on the wine and liquor. That is different from most cruise lines I have been except for Seabourn and Hal, which allows wine and beer.

Have a great next cruise.

As one who has traveled with so many lines, now might be your chance to travel with a slightly upscale line. Go for it.

Free speciality restaurants, free soft drinks,excellent service...Find the rest of the reasons for yourself.

The reason I like it is the high staff/pas and space ratio. You can match the food, soft drinks etc. on all lines by paying as you go for extras however you can not match the space or service.

We did the Oceania Regatta from LA to Miami thru the Panama Canal in 2010 and it was a fabulous cruise. Best perk of all was also securing a top deck "cabana" for the actual transit...front and center with incredible views and the cabana came with several other perks as well. We had the cabana for the whole cruise and it was mostly private and had food/drink delivery service as well, a huge dble bed size lounger, fan and water spritzer, it was so very hot in Panama in Feb.....hope they still have those cabanas available...we are thinking of Oceania now for an Alaska cruise and being topside would be awesome for viewing.

Personally, I don't think you can go wrong!

I have been on a few cruises and different cruise lines. Oceanic has a Panama Canal cruise on the Regatta we are looking at. Can some of you Oceanic veterans give me some good reasons to go on it.

We love Oceania for so many reasons, but especially for the country club casual atmosphere/dress code, no formal nights, no photographers, outstanding food, great service, very limited smoking areas and open seating dining to name just a few. We recommend O every chance we get.

You should definitely give O a try.

Judy & John

We love Oceania for so many reasons, but especially for the country club casual atmosphere/dress code, no formal nights, no photographers, outstanding food, great service, very limited smoking areas and open seating dining to name just a few. We recommend O every chance we get.

Judy & John

You said it right, all the best reasons to cruise on O.

New ruisers4,

Agree with you about the cabanas! They are only on the R ships and I wouldn't hesitate to book one for Alaska. We had one for our Norway-Iceland cruise a few years ago and even though it was chilly, the views made it worthwhile! We bundled up in blankets and enjoyed afternoon tea along with the vistas.

Judy & John

Judy, you are right on, as always. Not long to wait now until your next cruise. (We'll be in Berlin, Dresden and Prague as you are sailing!):)

Judy, you are right on, as always. Not long to wait now until your next cruise. (We'll be in Berlin, Dresden and Prague as you are sailing!):)]

Thank you, Pam. I am definitely an O cheerleader as some like to say! :D

I really hope we get to sail with you two again!

Have a wonderful time on your land trip!

We are using O for the first time usually on Princess. Yorkie said no photographers, I like the photographers and looking at the pictures. O has none?

Bring your camera ;)

No stupid pictures with dress up animals or pirates before you can leave the ship either :rolleyes:

Maybe a deal breaker for some

Lyn

We are using O for the first time usually on Princess. Yorkie said no photographers, I like the photographers and looking at the pictures. O has none?

I am a scrapbooker and HAVE to take a lot of pictures, but when you both want to be in a picture together, it is never a problem to find someone willing to take a picture for you! :D

We just completed our first cruise with Oceania; 24 day b2b on Riviera. It was our best cruise experience out of 48 cruises !

Why sail Oceania; in 24 days I never heard anyone complain about anything !

I told the General Manager that the saddest thing about Oceania was that it took me 10 years to discover it.

None!

Mura

Hello, Mura. Were you on the November 2011 Marina Trans Atlantic from Rome to Miami? If so, I think I met you on that trip. It was our third Oceania, and we liked the trip so much we are doing next year's Riviera TA from Barcelona to Miami. The itinerary is different. I like to read your posts, in any case. (DH.Stanley isn't, writing these posts.I am the other Warburg, Mary.)

Hi Mary,

No, I'm afraid we weren't on that cruise. So I wonder who you met??!!

We *were* on Marina the first time in October 2011, Rome to Istanbul. And we'll be on Marina for two upcoming TAs: November 2013 and May 2014.

Maybe we'll meet up one of these days!

Mura

Hi Mary,

No, I'm afraid we weren't on that cruise. So I wonder who you met??!!

We *were* on Marina the first time in October 2011, Rome to Istanbul. And we'll be on Marina for two upcoming TAs: November 2013 and May 2014.

Maybe we'll meet up one of these days!

Mura

We are also booked on the May 2014 TA! Looking forward to meeting you, Mura!

We have taken over 30 cruises on RCCL, Celebrity, Princess, NCL....enjoy every line ...they all have fine points! We took our first cruise on Oceania last fall on the Riveria and experienced food, entertainment, service as well as cabin comfort we had never experienced before...you should definately try.

We enjoy mid-sized ships so I personally would not book Regetta...we have booked Marina Barcelona-Lisbon in 2014. For us, the itinerary must appeal as well as the ship.

You will not be disappointed on Oceania.

We have cruised about 30 times, and just book the Riviera TA next April really excited about it. There was a mention about taking wine on board, and I think they said 3 bottles of wine. Will they hassle you if you bring if a bottle of Cognac to drink in your room?

We have cruised about 30 times, and just book the Riviera TA next April really excited about it. There was a mention about taking wine on board, and I think they said 3 bottles of wine. Will they hassle you if you bring if a bottle of Cognac to drink in your room?

NO

You can bring as much as you want for consumption in your cabin

If you want to bring more wine you can & if you want to take it to a dining venue you can & pay the corkage fee ($25 I think)

That is great. We have sailed on all inclusive ships, so it isn't an issue, but it would be nice to have a variety in our suite. Sounds great, and the ship is beautiful.

If you are in the top suites I believe there is a BAR SET-UP

I am sure someone will comment on what liquor is included

Then there is also the drink packages you can get for a fee

Lyn

Archived