Embassy Suites FFL Review

TamaLee

Just thought I'd make a quick post about our experience at the Embassy Suites in FLL before our cruise.

The hotel is an older Embassy Suites facility put perfectly acceptable for a one night stay before or after a cruise.

I chose this hotel because of it's location and access to restaurants and stores.

There is an Outback Steakhouse right across the street. We had dinner there the night before our cruise and they had two for one drinks in the bar for happy hour. We decided to go here instead of attend the free managers reception at the hotel. The reception started at 5:00 and since we had been traveling all day we hadn't had anything to eat and the Outback was open.

The hotel is in the same shopping center as a Total Wine and a grocery store. The grocery store was closed since it was Easter but Total Wine was open. Great place to stock up for any alcohol purchases for your trip.

There is also a CVS within walking distance for anything else.

We missed the free breakfast buffet since it ended at 9:00. Our cruise left on a Monday. The buffet runs longer on weekends. There was a Denny's down the street that is also within easy walking distance.

Our cruise ship left late so we were able to have lunch at a sports bar right behind the hotel. I believe the name was Duffy's. Very good food. Wish we would have gone here for dinner.

We took a taxi to the hotel and the hotel shuttle to the port. The shuttle driver was leaving when we went down to call the taxi. The taxi to the hotel was $15 w/tip. Don't remember what we paid the shuttle driver but I want to say it was $15 as well.

Hope that helps everyone out. I know I really stress out about where to stay.

I plan on staying here when we go back for our next cruise vacation.

Just thought I'd make a quick post about our experience at the Embassy Suites in FLL before our cruise.

The hotel is an older Embassy Suites facility put perfectly acceptable for a one night stay before or after a cruise.

I chose this hotel because of it's location and access to restaurants and stores.

There is an Outback Steakhouse right across the street. We had dinner there the night before our cruise and they had two for one drinks in the bar for happy hour. We decided to go here instead of attend the free managers reception at the hotel. The reception started at 5:00 and since we had been traveling all day we hadn't had anything to eat and the Outback was open.

The hotel is in the same shopping center as a Total Wine and a grocery store. The grocery store was closed since it was Easter but Total Wine was open. Great place to stock up for any alcohol purchases for your trip.

There is also a CVS within walking distance for anything else.

We missed the free breakfast buffet since it ended at 9:00. Our cruise left on a Monday. The buffet runs longer on weekends. There was a Denny's down the street that is also within easy walking distance.

Our cruise ship left late so we were able to have lunch at a sports bar right behind the hotel. I believe the name was Duffy's. Very good food. Wish we would have gone here for dinner.

We took a taxi to the hotel and the hotel shuttle to the port. The shuttle driver was leaving when we went down to call the taxi. The taxi to the hotel was $15 w/tip. Don't remember what we paid the shuttle driver but I want to say it was $15 as well.

Hope that helps everyone out. I know I really stress out about where to stay.

I plan on staying here when we go back for our next cruise vacation.

Good description of the hotel. have stayed there about 3 times pre cruise never post cruise. Always arrived to late get the Manager's reception.

Found the breakfast great and just at the right time.

I have stayed there many times over the years and agree with your review.

Same here. :o

Just wanted to say that we LOVE Duffy's also.

We stay at Embassy Suites and Extended Stay America (about 2 blocks away) The difference I find is that Extended Stay has a FREE shuttle that will pick you up at the airport and take you to the cruise port the following day.....:o So depending on price and availability, these are the two places we always book.

9am is ridiculously early to end a breakfast buffet. Anyone know what time the breakfast goes until on weekends? Our cruise departs on a Saturday and we're flying in to FLL Friday morning, and staying overnight at this Embassy Suites.

Thanks for your review. We always stay at the Embassy and have it booked again for this September. Ther Managers Reception is a nice touch. Lots of areas close to pick up items. We love the pool and the waterfall and the koi fish!:D

9am is ridiculously early to end a breakfast buffet. Anyone know what time the breakfast goes until on weekends? Our cruise departs on a Saturday and we're flying in to FLL Friday morning, and staying overnight at this Embassy Suites.

Anytime I have stayed in a hotel on a weekday, the buffet usually ends at 9.

I believe the buffet ended at 10:00am on the weekends.

I believe the buffet ended at 10:00am on the weekends.

Thanks...that's more reasonable :). Especially since we're definitely not early birds.

Anytime I have stayed in a hotel on a weekday, the buffet usually ends at 9.

All the ones I've stayed in ended at 10:00 or 10:30. In the end it probably depends on whether the hotel primarily caters to business travelers or family/liesure traverlers.

Anyone Priceline this hotel recently.

Not sure what kind of rate you are looking for and what your dates are, but for for my date I'm seeing $104 with AAA and $129 for the package (which I booked) that includes transfers from the airport and to the cruise port. Those are pretty good rates IMO.

Not sure what kind of rate you are looking for and what your dates are, but for for my date I'm seeing $104 with AAA and $129 for the package (which I booked) that includes transfers from the airport and to the cruise port. Those are pretty good rates IMO.

Those are excellent rates. When are these rates for?

We have stayed there for all three of our cruises and will stay there again for our December 1st cruise.

We love all the area offers within walking distance--food, shopping, sports bar, liquor store ;)and we can pick up the trolley right in the shopping center to go to the beach.

Archived