The Grandeur Repositions to Baltimore

Hi there

I did take a look at the nursery. It is small but was well staffed, there were two youth staff for the one child there.

I did not use their services, simply took a look while walking around.

Thank you

Sorry--I did not do that. But, it is a nice size bathroom. It is about 3" longer than a standard tub. [there is a small lip at the end we used to put the shampoo /conditioner bottles. ] We got shampoo, conditioner and shower gel bottles. there was the typical shower gel mounted on the wall in the shower. There was also a metal basket to hold your bath items.

The vessel sinks are new and I do not like them as much as the old sinks--but, they look nice. :confused:

There is quite a bit of storage space. We had plenty of room for all of our items.

We have a JS for our B2B in late August to mid September. Can you wash a bathing suit in those vessel sinks? I like to wash our suits after using the pool, jacuzzi or going to the beach to keep them in good shape.

Thanks!

Mary Anne

We have a JS for our B2B in late August to mid September. Can you wash a bathing suit in those vessel sinks? I like to wash our suits after using the pool, jacuzzi or going to the beach to keep them in good shape.

Thanks!

Mary Anne

The sink is pretty small. I would think you could rinse the suit--but, you would need to be careful or it would spill over.

Here is a link to a thread about the new ocean-view window rooms. This bath is smaller than in a JS. But, the sinks are the same.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1757691&page=4

Scroll to the bottom of the page for a sink pic.

Thanks!

Mary Anne

A man's Speedo can probably be washed in the sink! :eek:

Being in a JS you will have a tub so you could always rinse things there. We had a self-retracting clothesline in our tub for hanging things to dry.

The Schooner Bar is a piano bar. They had music each night. Katie Guglielmo played from generally 9-pm-1am. She is an excellent pianist. She has a Barbara Streisand type voice. One night she did a tribute to Barbara. One of our travel mates was a big Barbara fan. But, after a few numbers we left. Her singing was OK--but, not great.

I agree. We were not really fans of her voice. She was very funny to chat with though. I think her contract is up now. She was in the line with us at customs and she had tons of baggage, so I assume she was heading home or to another ship.

Oh and does anyone from the cabin crawl have that pic of all of us on that balcony? I dont remember who took the pic but I need it for my scrapbook!

I agree. We were not really fans of her voice. She was very funny to chat with though. I think her contract is up now. She was in the line with us at customs and she had tons of baggage, so I assume she was heading home or to another ship.

Oh and does anyone from the cabin crawl have that pic of all of us on that balcony? I dont remember who took the pic but I need it for my scrapbook!

Traveler/ was the person that took that. If you are reading that can you post it?

Thanks

Thanks!

Mary Anne

Plan on washing your bathing suit in the tub. Like I said before that sink is useless. Can't even wash your hands in it because the spigot is positioned way too close to the side of the sink and you can't get your hands (or anything else!) under it.

Have fun on the cruise. I did not use the gym myself, so I looked back in the Cruise Compass.

Free classes:

Vitality Stretch each day 7am and Evening Stretch each day at 5pm

Pay classes:

On the two sea days at the end of the cruise they had Pilates, cycling and either body sculpt boot camp or Yoga. They had one of these classes on every other port day.

I can not tell you what the fee was.

There were two spinning classes. Both at 800am on day 7 and 8 for us. The cost was 12 dollars.

I think you both are being very kind.;)

I think you both are being very kind.;)

Do either of you remember when they said the Tango couple was going home? I remember then saying they were going to go back to sailing from Colon, Panama.

I will be a big loss when they leave.

Do either of you remember when they said the Tango couple was going home? I remember then saying they were going to go back to sailing from Colon, Panama.

I will be a big loss when they leave.

The show we saw was their last - they left the ship same day we did

I have seen several threads regarding the Quest on the RCL forum. so, I wanted to give everyone a heads up about the GOTS.

The Quest took place on day 7 of a 9 day cruise at 10:30pm in the South Pacific Lounge on Deck 6. During the refit the Diamond Lounge was carved out of this space on one side and they have conference room A on the other. Both of these take up what could be seating.

We had late dinner seating. We arrived in the lounge just before 10:15pm. There was a Karoke session [seemed to be one each night] that ended at 10:30. There were people standing all the way back to the door from the Schooner bar. We thought that people were just waiting for the end of Karoke and then some of the crowd would leave and we could get in. We slowly made our way to the lounge itself and walked all the way to the far side and around the lounge. There were no seats and no standing room, at all. As Karaoke ended we looked to see if anyone got up. Nope. They were all there for the Quest. We made our way back to the entrance and waited while they got started. But, we could not see into the lounge and gave up.

I am not complaining about this--just explaining. If you want to attend the Quest arrive early. If you are on late dinner seating you will need to skip dessert. I saw a snippet of video from the cruise in review. It looked like they were having a good time. One of the team numbers was 33. So, there were lots of people involved. GET THERE EARLY!:)

I have seen several threads regarding the Quest on the RCL forum. so, I wanted to give everyone a heads up about the GOTS.

The Quest took place on day 7 of a 9 day cruise at 10:30pm in the South Pacific Lounge on Deck 6. During the refit the Diamond Lounge was carved out of this space on one side and they have conference room A on the other. Both of these take up what could be seating.

We had late dinner seating. We arrived in the lounge just before 10:15pm. There was a Karoke session [seemed to be one each night] that ended at 10:30. There were people standing all the way back to the door from the Schooner bar. We thought that people were just waiting for the end of Karoke and then some of the crowd would leave and we could get in. We slowly made our way to the lounge itself and walked all the way to the far side and around the lounge. There were no seats and no standing room, at all. As Karaoke ended we looked to see if anyone got up. Nope. They were all there for the Quest. We made our way back to the entrance and waited while they got started. But, we could not see into the lounge and gave up.

I am not complaining about this--just explaining. If you want to attend the Quest arrive early. If you are on late dinner seating you will need to skip dessert. I saw a snippet of video from the cruise in review. It looked like they were having a good time. One of the team numbers was 33. So, there were lots of people involved. GET THERE EARLY!:)

Wow, good to know. Thanks

Thanks!

Mary Anne

I can answer this! and it's NO !!! our vessel sink was awful the spigot barely hangs over the very edge of the sink to the point where you cannot get but one hand sideways under it at a time to attempt to rinse your hands-I have small hands..I can assure you a man or anyone with big hands would have a hard time washing their hands in those worthless sinks !!:eek: AND to make matters worse, there was little water pressure coming from ours...your best bet is to use the bathtub if you have one

those things were pretty BUT a BIGGG waste of money!

We got there a little before 10. We had attended the second Motown group performance in the theater and ran over as soon as it was done. We encountered the same thing you did. It was PACKED! We found what I think were the last two seats in the whole place and they were way in the back just a few seats away from the Diamond Lounge. We could only see half the stage. As the time grew closer it seems all the standing room in the room was taken! There were two rows of people standing behind us and we were nearly sitting IN the windows!

I had wanted to play (take note, DH did not want to play :D), but since we were so far in the back, we just assumed we couldn't. Them Jimmy asked for teams and the group standing directly behind us formed a team. We were just going to cheer them on, but we were so far in the back it took a good while to weave one's way to the stage and the 3 "runners" on the team soon got tired, so I was nominated to become an item runner too. Even dh was forced to play since he was the only guy with a hairy back. :D It was a blast!

We got there a little before 10. We had attended the second Motown group performance in the theater and ran over as soon as it was done. We encountered the same thing you did. It was PACKED! We found what I think were the last two seats in the whole place and they were way in the back just a few seats away from the Diamond Lounge. We could only see half the stage. As the time grew closer it seems all the standing room in the room was taken! There were two rows of people standing behind us and we were nearly sitting IN the windows!

I had wanted to play (take note, DH did not want to play :D), but since we were so far in the back, we just assumed we couldn't. Them Jimmy asked for teams and the group standing directly behind us formed a team. We were just going to cheer them on, but we were so far in the back it took a good while to weave one's way to the stage and the 3 "runners" on the team soon got tired, so I was nominated to become an item runner too. Even dh was forced to play since he was the only guy with a hairy back. :D It was a blast!

I am glad you got there before we did. It sounds like you had a good time.

I was bummed we missed it. I know we will get there earlier next time. The Quest is one of my favorite activities.

Just checked out your photos from Samana....looking for Terry! And there he is!! Terry is the best, we did the zipline with lunch and had the best time we ever had on an island. Highly recommended. :D

Yes, his tours are the best. I think that is because he wants us to learn about Samana and like his adopted country. He understands how to present the contrasts with the US. Also, he is willing to take us out into the country side. Yet, I always felt safe. There were many people around.

In other islands they just mostly want to make money off us. IMHO [OK--they are proud of their island, too]

You attended more of the activitiess than we did. I think you told me you attended the "White-Out Party" and buffet. Do you have any pictures of commentary?

Hello Everyone,

I do agree w/what everyone said, about this cruise, Seaing is beleiving:confused:

But going back to dinner about the lobster nite, Our waiter said that if we wanted another one, it would cost "$22.00", and this was the first time, I have ever been told, 'that there would be a cost to a second tail', but the one we had was more than enough for us- and I do beleive he was very serious. He was a very good waiter and we had a great cabin guy .

The Grandeur of the Seas does have a great Itinerary and is in a super port-, Baltimore- but they do need to update it a bit and fix those sinks:eek:

We were just on Enchantment and got extra lobster for no charge. Strange that one ship would charge extra and one does not. The waiter said he would have to bring the whole meal and not just lobster- didn't understand why but whatever. Lobster was free.

Archived