Is it difficult to get a table for only two?

JensJ

When you order a cruise, you get the flowering information:

Seating time and table size is assigned based on preference and availability. While your selected choices cannot be guaranteed prior to boarding, we always do our best to ensure that your preferences are reserved. Dining options displayed are based on availability at the time of booking.

Will it be difficult to get a table for only two?

If I choose anytime dining, will I then be sure to get a table for only two?

If I choose traditional dining, and not get a table for only two, can I then chance to anytime dining?

Sorry but I only want to sit with my wife, at my cruise.

I think the cruise we a going to buy will be at Ruby Princess

We prefer anytime dining and almost always request a table for two. Sometimes we're seated right away, sometimes there's a bit of a wait.

If one anytime dining room can't seat you within a reasonable time, check the other dining room.

Lew

We prefer anytime dining and almost always request a table for two. Sometimes we're seated right away, sometimes there's a bit of a wait.

If one anytime dining room can't seat you within a reasonable time, check the other dining room.

Lew

We like to have a table for just the two of us as well. You can also call the dining line and make a reservation but do it early in the day.;)

Same for us...when we are traveling alone we always do Anytime dining and request table for two...we usually eat early as tables are more readily available...and if we find a great wait staff we often make a reservation each day for that specific table (early).

I think we are going for traditional dining for two persons.

When will we know, that we got the two person table? And if we are not getting it will it then be possible to change from traditional dining to anytime dining?

You will not know until you board and check to see what MDR and table you are assigned to. Go to the MDR and check the table. If it is a table for two, you are good. If not, I suggest, going to see the Maitre 'd that afternoon. Time and place will be in the Princess Patter. Ask for a change. If he can accommodate you, again you are set. If not, then ask to switch to AD. This gives you the best chance for a table for two without a wait.

We booked traditional dinning on one of our cruises, after the first day we realized we didn't like it,so the rest of the cruise we just walked into anytime. It was that easy.

Not really the way it should be done for a couple of reasons...

1. A couple on the traditional dining wait list was not given your abandoned seats since you did not notify the Maitre 'd.

2. Simply changing to anytime dining without permission from the Maitre 'd contributes to overcrowding in those dining rooms.

It's best to follow the procedure outlined by paul929207 above.

Lew

We always request a table for 2. On 2 cruises we did not receive it... one time we switched to anytime dining and the other we tried the table assigned to us (it was for 6) and then decided we still wanted a table for 2, so after dinner we spoke to the Maitre'd and were changed with no problem.

Even if you don't receive a table for two in traditional dining the first night, don't just skip going. Its possible the Maitre' D will be able to change things for the next night.

It has been my experience that the Maitre 'd will send a card to your cabin informing you of any table change.

We booked traditional dinning on one of our cruises, after the first day we realized we didn't like it,so the rest of the cruise we just walked into anytime. It was that easy.

Gee, thanks a lot...all those anytime diners having to wait because you took their seats thank you too.....

I assume you'll be signing up fro anytime dining form now on...

THe problem is that space is at a premium on cruise ships. 4 tables for two will take up more space than one table for eight. The further apart the 2's are, that more space is lost. If they put in too many tables for 2, they will reduce the capacity of the dining room and, likely, delay dinner for many passengers.

It has been my experience that the Maitre 'd will send a card to your cabin informing you of any table change.

So true. We were on the 27 March 2013 Emerald Princess sailing. The Maitre'd Generoso took care of us. We had a table for two, early traditional. Not the best location. The next morning we spoke with Generoso and he totally understood our issues and assured us we would have a new table assignment before our scheduled dining time that evening. As promised we had a new table assignment waiting in our mailbox. He set us up at a table for four (for just the two of us) by a window.

When I talked to Princess about the Grand, they told me there were NO tables for two for the traditional dining times. If we wanted a table for 2 then they recommended doing anytime dining.

So it may depend on the ship too.

Archived