Cruise & Travel Magazine

FireEater

I was reading a reply last night and saw where someone had a Cruise & Travel magazine in their Avatar...

Anyone subscribe to it? Is it worth a hoot or just ad after ad ??

Not sure if it is worth $30 a year....Is It?

Edited by FireEater

I was reading a reply last night and saw where someone had a Cruise & Travel magazine in their Avatar...

We've been getting this mag for at least 5 years. It has a wealth of

information on ships, ports and all thing crusing. Well worth the money,

very, very few ads.

I have a subscription. I think it is less than $30/year, but my current subscription does not run out until late next year (I have been getting the magazine for more than five years), so I don't really recall the price.

Is it worth it? Yes, I high recommend it. Every issue (except the review issue) has at least one in depth ship review, a lesser review of a new ship, one in depth port review and one in depth cruise review. There are also other article of interest to a cruiser.

The review issue looks back at what happened since the last review, looks at the current state of affairs for the cruising industry and looks ahead. It also notes what new builds are on order. All in all very interesting.

I have a subscription. I think it is less than $30/year, but my current subscription does not run out until late next year (I have been getting the magazine for more than five years), so I don't really recall the price.

Is it worth it? Yes, I high recommend it. Every issue (except the review issue) has at least one in depth ship review, a lesser review of a new ship, one in depth port review and one in depth cruise review. There are also other article of interest to a cruiser.

The review issue looks back at what happened since the last review, looks at the current state of affairs for the cruising industry and looks ahead. It also notes what new builds are on order. All in all very interesting.

The first year is $29.95, after that they offer a 2 year subscription

for right around $45. But it is well worth the money.

We don't fly so we cruise either out of Galveston or New Orleans. Which also means limited itineraries. One day we will drive to Florida and cruise from there so do you think we would enjoy this magazine. too.

Edited by lady_cruiser

We don't fly so we cruise either out of Galveston or New Orleans. Which also means limited itineraries. One day we will drive to Florida and cruise from there so do you think we would enjoy this magazine. too.

Sure, it my talk about ports and itineraries you may never get near, but it also talks about cruising and it does have interesting articles.

You can always go to the store, pick up a copy, read it and if you like subscribe.

Looks like the same Cruise Travel Magazine is being offered for $11.90 for a yearly subscription (6 issues) here at:

http://www.slickmagazines.com/travel-vacations/37-cruise-travel.html

Isn't this the same one? :confused:

~Helen~

I just ordered it about a half hour ago direct from the company I paid $59.95 for 2 years .I wish I saw your post sooner :(

I just looked at the site and you can cancel anytime.I will do that monday and but from the other site :)

Edited by mikel24m

I've been getting this mag for over 10 years. I've sure never pd $29.95 for 6 issues a yr. Look around for deals

Sure, it my talk about ports and itineraries you may never get near, but it also talks about cruising and it does have interesting articles.

You can always go to the store, pick up a copy, read it and if you like subscribe.

Thanks I think I'll go online and order my subscribed to it now.

Looks like the same Cruise Travel Magazine is being offered for $11.90 for a yearly subscription (6 issues) here at:

~Helen~

I just ordered it for $11.90 for the year on the site listed by Helen alot cheaper than $30

Thanks Helen :)

Thanks. I just ordered it too for the $11.90 rate. Lets hope this place is a reputable place.....

• 10 months later...

I don't know if they stock it nationwide, but here in the land of cruising Barnes & Noble sells Cruise & Travel mag for $4 (minus member discount, minus Barclay credit card rebate...so roughly $3.63 after tax). I sure wouldn't pay more than $1 per issue extra just for mailing it to me.

~Helen~

Thanks Helen for this link. I used to get through another discount magazine site but I think it went out of business. $11.90 is a great price!

Have you found that it's worth the $$? :confused: Just curious...

For the little amount I paid, sure. It is good info and keeps me interested in trying other lines.....Not that I can, but it keeps me wanting.....LOL :)