Sept/Oct in the Caribbean

Sinduf

Hi fellow CC's,

I am currently looking at booking our next cruise and one of the cruises we're looking at is a eastern Caribbean on Allure in either Sept or Oct. Can anyone tell me about crusing in the Caribbean in Sept I think that is hurricane season right?

Is it a bad time to travel over there? We're also looking at European ones but we would like some sun and are worried that the weather will be to changable in Europe in Sept/Oct. What would the sun be like in the Caribbean?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

There's always a chance for bad weather, no matter where you cruise. We've cruised the Caribbean and also around Nassau many times during September and October and found the weather nice and warm.

It will be warm in the Caribbean.

It is hurricane season. Be prepared for a change of itinerary if there is a hurricane out there. The ship will avoid the storm.

Plan to get to Ft. Lauderdale a couple of days before the cruise in case there is a hurricane in the vicinity.

We always cruise september or october. I prefer the average temps that time of year.. its cooler then summer and the water is still warm.

Yes, it is hurricane season. Hurricane season runs from June to the end of November. Eastern carribean peak season ends around mid september, western carribean tends to sometimes pick up around that time. IMO the biggest worry you might have is arriving or coming back with a storm hitting landfall - for the most part your ship is going to avoid the storm so you will still have your cruise but your ports of call may change.

We will never stop traveling during hurrican season, we've always done it during those two months and so far we haven't had a problem. I do always make sure to have trip insurance (which is always worth having anyway.

Edited to add: you are interested in eastern carribean - the highest likelyhood for hurricane ends around mid september (when it then increases in the western carribean.)

Thanks everyone for the info. We would not be worried about port changes and are glad to hear it will still be warm. We don't get much good weather here in Ireland so like to get nice warm weather when on holidays. We really want to take a trip on Allure and the price is great for the 2 weeks we're looking.

Based on what you just described, I think you couldn't have made a better choice.

Hurricane season would be bad if you were cruising for any parcular ports. But it is the perfect time to cruise for ships, especially one of on those newer, larger, normally very expensive ships. Even if the ship had to redirect you wouldn't care because you still have an awesome ship to enjoy. And newer larger ships do well with bad weather and you get low prices.

Based on what you just described, I think you couldn't have made a better choice.

Hurricane season would be bad if you were cruising for any parcular ports. But it is the perfect time to cruise for ships, especially one of on those newer, larger, normally very expensive ships. Even if the ship had to redirect you wouldn't care because you still have an awesome ship to enjoy. And newer larger ships do well with bad weather and you get low prices.

Yeah that is exactly what I felt. Think being on Allure would be enough for us to be happy. We're also looking at transatlantic on Oasis as she heads to Europe but have some reservations about doing a transatlantic. Afraid we'd get bored.

Yeah that is exactly what I felt. Think being on Allure would be enough for us to be happy. We're also looking at transatlantic on Oasis as she heads to Europe but have some reservations about doing a transatlantic. Afraid we'd get bored.

We're a relatively young couple who like doing allsorts of things and being busy.

We always find more than enough to do on a transatlantic - they're awesome. I would think even better on Oasis !!!!

Go on - give it a try :-)

We're a relatively young couple who like doing allsorts of things and being busy.

We always find more than enough to do on a transatlantic - they're awesome. I would think even better on Oasis !!!!

Go on - give it a try :-)

Hey Ticktoneer, your not the first person to say that to us. We're really in 2 minds the transatlantic is much dearer but you get 5 extra nights and we've only ever done 7 nights. We'd love to do a longer one. I think we'd be fine but my parents are thinking of coming with us and as a 1st cruise for them think a short cruise (7 nights that is) with more stops might suit better. So many decisions!!!!!

Hey Ticktoneer, your not the first person to say that to us. We're really in 2 minds the transatlantic is much dearer but you get 5 extra nights and we've only ever done 7 nights. We'd love to do a longer one. I think we'd be fine but my parents are thinking of coming with us and as a 1st cruise for them think a short cruise (7 nights that is) with more stops might suit better. So many decisions!!!!!

Transatlantics on Liberty or Independence (or voyager class) really enjoyable :-)

We've just booked a 14 night TA on Navigator for next November for £361 per person (cruise only)

Hi fellow CC's,

I am currently looking at booking our next cruise and one of the cruises we're looking at is a eastern Caribbean on Allure in either Sept or Oct. Can anyone tell me about crusing in the Caribbean in Sept I think that is hurricane season right?

Is it a bad time to travel over there? We're also looking at European ones but we would like some sun and are worried that the weather will be to changable in Europe in Sept/Oct. What would the sun be like in the Caribbean?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Atlantic Ocean Hurricane Season typically starts June 1st and end November 30th.

Hard to say what the conditions will be in September and October.

A

Atlantic Ocean Hurricane Season typically starts June 1st and end November 30th.

Hard to say what the conditions will be in September and October.

A

It is hard to say what the exact conditions will be in a specific place at a specific time 5 months in advance. But it is not hard to say that September 10 is the peak of the hurricane season when storms are most likely. Here is a graph showing the number of Atlantic tropical storms and hurricanes by date over a 100 year period:

peakofseason.gif

As you can see, September 10 is the peak of the season and storms then are twice as likely as storms even 3 weeks earlier or 3 weeks later.

Archived