Last Minute Itinerary Change - So Angry

Glenndale

Pam,

I am glad it worked out for you but not for us :(

We were signed up for that Azamara cruise BECAUSE of Libya but canceled when the Libya stops were eliminated.

We almost met - maybe next time :)

Paul

It was a fabulous itinerary and the weather was perfect.

So how about joining us on Riviera next May Istanbul to Barcelona, two great port cities?:D

Thanks. Paul. I think we will fly into Israel first on our own and then fly to Istanbul to pick up O. Then if the itinerary doesn't change we get 2.5 more days to tour with Dina in Jerusalem. :).

I think that is an excellent idea. You have more time and more control over your trip if something happens last minute. You might explore flying to Istanbul via Beirut (as we did from Amman) and spending a few days in Lebanon (if quiet at the time) - it was a great visit to a beautiful land.

We did a great land trip in Israel in 1995 and thought it was time to go back but it was not to be.

I felt really bad for those that have never been to Israel and this was their long awaited trip.

So how about joining us on Riviera next May Istanbul to Barcelona, two great port cities?:D

It sounds nice but our plates are a bit full at the moment - maybe some other time :)

Have a great trip!

We were on the non-Libya cruise with Mura. Our travel agent notified us of the change in advance, which allowed me to do some research on the new port. It was a great cruise. Mura, do I remember that you were dealing with a knee problem?

I felt very bad for a couple who were going to meet some friends in Libya. She had lived there due to her father's work, and they were going to get VIP treatment.

Yes, Andee, your memory is quite correct! The day before we boarded the ship we took the train to Girona for the day and as I climbed up the steps into the train I felt my knee twinge. It got worse and worse during the day, and by 6pm I could barely walk. Had knee surgery a couple of months later ... and doing fine now. I have arthritis in my knees but it isn't bothersome.

How sad for the couple that had friends in Libya!

Mura

I think that is an excellent idea. You have more time and more control over your trip if something happens last minute. You might explore flying to Istanbul via Beirut (as we did from Amman) and spending a few days in Lebanon (if quiet at the time) - it was a great visit to a beautiful land.

We did a great land trip in Israel in 1995 and thought it was time to go back but it was not to be.

I felt really bad for those that have never been to Israel and this was their long awaited trip.

Exactly. Thank you for sharing your story. Of course when you are prepared for the worst, plans go as scheduled which is great as we can spend more time exploring the city. Win-Win. ::D

Archived