Favorite Foods on Princess

Luckysll

Cookies are served every afternoon on sea days along with milk near the pools. They can also be found every day in the buffet. Hubby liked chocolate chip and my fav was the oatmeal raisin. However, don't miss the peanut butter. So yummy.

Must add that we have never had a meal on any Princess ship that we did not enjoy. When you don't have to prepare it or clean up after it, it's delicious.

I'm going on my first Princess cruise in September (Golden Princess to Alaska).

What are some of the foods on the menus that are not-to-be-missed (buffet, room service or main dining room)? Not sure I'll go to any of the specialty dining, but if there's something there as well, it could change my mind. :D

Congrats on your first Princess cruise.

I do not miss in the dining room the first night, the flourless chocolate cake, love it. Not sure why it is not served again, but I have asked to get it on subsquent nights and they don't have it.

Edited by arizonaperson

Just got off the Sapphire Princess a week ago and I miss the food so much!

I absolutely loved the Eggs Rolls that were served on the first night of the cruise and the escargots that were served on the second formal night. Oh and there Lobster was terrific! Although I enjoyed the tiger shrimps that were served on the side even more than the lobster. But my favorite was the Rainbow Trout, I thought it was cooked to absolute perfection.

And you can't forget the desserts! I still remember the Hazelnut Semifreddo that was served during one of the formal nights and the Macadamia Nut ice cream was delicious too. Their Creme Brûlée (which they have every night) was great too!

The only thing I would say to stay away from is their Lime Basil Sorbet, although my sister seemed to enjoy it. To me it tasted like basil, sugar, and ice blended together...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

This is an excellent thread. We will be heading out on our first Princess cruise and would like to know the don't miss free meals on Caribbean Princess. Are there any "spicy" meals? Just got off Disney and everything seemed so bland....

The pizza when it is fresh from the oven...most of the items from the International Cafe especially the warm cookies...the creme brulee'...the bread basket on the dinner table each night...can you tell that I usually gain weight on a Princess cruise?!! :p

Before reading any of the responses I asked my husband what is your favorite Princess food. His response - Pizza (he has 3-4 slices a day), crème brulee, escargot and the bread basket. However we are fans of almost all of Princess food.

We are leaving Thursday on our first Princess cruise on the Golden for a 4 dayer.

It will be entirely impossible to taste all these suggestions. Boy, do I want to try?

the Fetttecini Alfredo caught my eye and all the desserts. I will have to book

another cruise soon to be able to sample some of these entrees that have

been suggested. I'll be bbaaaccckkk.

Very few. Bring some hot sauce with you.

It really depends on the head chef at the time. We were on the Crown in December of 2012 for a TA and then again on the Crown in Feb. 2013 and they had different head chefs. The TA had very bland, under seasoned food. The Caribbean cruise had wonderful well seasoned food. Same ship, two months apart, different head chefs!

Just got off the Sapphire Princess a week ago and I miss the food so much!

But my favorite was the Rainbow Trout, I thought it was cooked to absolute perfection.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I will definitely have to try the rainbow trout. Thanks for the suggestion!

Princess has Tabasco Sauce ... just ask. ;)

LuLu

~~~~

Great to know! I know people might look weird at us but we have anytime dining - after the last cruise on Disney might bring a good pepper mix to the table to season things up. :)

The ice cream in the MDR is the best, I always get a scoop of flavors I have never heard of or ones I love. Rum Raisin is my favorite.

I believe someone told me once they make the ice cream each day fresh.

• 4 months later...

One night there were two appetizers- one a smoked duck and one a stilton cheese mousse- they were both great, but when we decided to put the mousse on the duck breast it became one of the best things either myself or my husband had ever eaten- so good that after our entrees we ordered more of both appetizers instead of dessert! Now I just have to find a good recipe for the stilton mousse and source smoked duck breast...

This is an excellent thread. We will be heading out on our first Princess cruise and would like to know the don't miss free meals on Caribbean Princess. Are there any "spicy" meals? Just got off Disney and everything seemed so bland....

They will bring you chili flakes if you ask (I am not a big fan of Tabasco - but they have that too). I agree, we had been on Disney one time and everything was bland bland bland - not just no heat - but pretty much no flavour either. There is also a shrimp entree that is on the spicier side - can't remember the name of it.

I love Princess food - all of the soups, all of the pastas, most of the seafood. Their table side dishes are a must have - they usually due penne arrabiata (yum) and they did a flambe banana dessert one night - delish!

One night there were two appetizers- one a smoked duck and one a stilton cheese mousse- they were both great, but when we decided to put the mousse on the duck breast it became one of the best things either myself or my husband had ever eaten- so good that after our entrees we ordered more of both appetizers instead of dessert! Now I just have to find a good recipe for the stilton mousse and source smoked duck breast...

What a fantastic idea! Thanks for sharing.

Oh my goodness I love choc. candy...doesn't matter if its a candy bar or fudge. I must have choc. Is there any place on the Golden where I can find this type of chocolate?

:):)

Princess has wonderful chocolate desserts. As far as bars, I haven't seen any. Make sure to visit the International Cafe!

We'll be on the Ruby soon. Dumb question, but is there anywhere you can get potato chips? Sometimes you just need a chip! :D

No potato chips. Bring a bag with you. But with all the wonderful food, why on earth would you want those. Believe me, by day 3, I can't even eat a full meal!