Guarantee cabin option on Oasis and Allure

Has anyone, either for your current cruise, or one you've done in the past on these 2 ships, booked a Balcony Guarantee cabin category? My wife and I are considering switching from a Central Park View (CV) to a guarantee balcony (X). There is a separate Neighbourhood Balcony category which she is not interested in. Does anyone know it Category X is for Ocean View balconies only? We would be interested in hearing your experiences.

sometimes i see the guarentee rooms being offered and sometimes i don't... Are they always available but you have to CALL to book one???

If a guarantee is available, it will show up on Royal's website. Guarantee's are not offered on every sailing or category.

Has anyone, either for your current cruise, or one you've done in the past on these 2 ships, booked a Balcony Guarantee cabin category? My wife and I are considering switching from a Central Park View (CV) to a guarantee balcony (X). There is a separate Neighbourhood Balcony category which she is not interested in. Does anyone know it Category X is for Ocean View balconies only? We would be interested in hearing your experiences.

We have a superior oceanview balcony guarantee for our Oasis cruise in September. We're still waiting for our room assignment.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Just for added clarity, there are separate guarantees. They are only offered when enough cabins remain to be filled so not every cruise will offer them. There are 'Neighborhood Guarantees' which will get you either a Central Park or Boardwalk Balcony only and there are Stateroom Balcony Guarantees (cat x) which will be oceanview. I was going to book cat x on my upcoming oasis cruise on 8 june until i saw a oceanview open up in D3 for the same price.

Thank you all for your input. We would be interested in hearing other cruisers experiencs who have used the balcony guarantee option. i.e. what category did you eventually receive etc.... Thanks!

Thank you all for your input. We would be interested in hearing other cruisers experiencs who have used the balcony guarantee option. i.e. what category did you eventually receive etc.... Thanks!

There is also a "W" guarantee for a JS - we had one and got a JS cabin assigned in about a week after booking that category.

Just another confirmation that X category is indeed an ocean view balcony guarantee. We booked this on our recent cruise on the Allure and ended up in room 7572 (cat D5). It was a great spot just near the forward elevators. We were very happy with it!

Just another confirmation that X category is indeed an ocean view balcony guarantee. We booked this on our recent cruise on the Allure and ended up in room 7572 (cat D5). It was a great spot just near the forward elevators. We were very happy with it!

How long does it take for a guarantee to be assigned? Our cruise on Oasis is in September.

How long does it take for a guarantee to be assigned? Our cruise on Oasis is in September.

It can be anytime, there is no set time period. Some people (small minority) don't know until they get to the pier.

I think it took about a week from the time we booked on this occasion but, as others have said, there is no really time limit.

Archived