Royal offers upgrades

Vanilla

Received an email from Princess. Looks like they have a sale and upgrades on the Royal Princess. Those of you that are booked - should check it out.

Thanks but unfortunately my sold-out 18 day TA cruise isn't one of them. :(

With all due respect, I find postings that state "Royal offers upgrades" to be misleading and irresponsible. Just because you received an upgrade (and good for you) on whatever voyage you are booked, does not mean that all other cruisers are going to get upgrades.

I dont think OP is booked on the Royal unless they haven't added it to their future cruise list below signature...maybe it was a generic sale email they received?

I was curious as we are booked on the Royal, would love to upgrade cabins (for the right price, of course!) and our voyage appears to have alot of availability and we are only two months before sailing. And with airfares so high to Europe this year (thank goodness for the EZAir sale earlier this year) I would think at this point that if they are to sell most of the remaining cabins it would have to be mostly to Europeans. We will see! Other cruise lines (Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, HAL) starting doing some heavy discounting (and adding perks such as Celebrity;s free beverage packages) on their Med. sailings several months ago while Princess just started. Both I and my knowledgeable TA think Princess may have gambled and possibly made a mistake leaving their Med. cruises pricing so high until very recently...only time will tell...

Thanks but unfortunately my sold-out 18 day TA cruise isn't one of them. :(

Wouldn't it be great tho.:):) Just trying to "upgrade yourself" is not easy to do. Patience and dilligence is needed. It took me over a week; not moving too far from the computer, etc. But, I did it.:):D

I received the e-mail too. It looks like a flash sale for booking in June. The upgrades the OP is talking about are that Princess is offering a balcony for the price of an inside. But the real shocker is the price they quoted for a minisuite-more than 50% off....

I got an email offer for the Royal last week, too. It was for a balcony cabin for the price of an inside on select cruises in June, July and August. It also had deals for single occupancy at up to 65% discount. I've got other cruise plans for this summer, though, so I can't take advantage of it. It may be a targeted offer because it says I have to use my CC member number and the offer numbers to get it.

Wouldn't it be great tho.:):) Just trying to "upgrade yourself" is not easy to do. Patience and dilligence is needed. It took me over a week; not moving too far from the computer, etc. But, I did it.:):D

That's great that you found something. :)

I do the same thing for future cruises but with the TA it's only been increases for the few cabins that become available & nothing better than our cabin. ;)

I received a post card from Princess today and it says Balcony Bonus Sale May 14 - 20. :eek:Balconies are the same price as an Oceanview. Also there is an obc up to $100. It is not only Royal that the sale is for ... it is for several different ships.

I also received another flyer from Princess in the mail today that says up to 20% off and free unlimited soft drinks and more. This sale just said expires 6/15/13, I cannot find anywhere on the website where the free drink package is offered with any cruise. Maybe someone else will know. It shows it is offered with the cruise I just booked on the brochure but not on Princess website or any TA website.

That's great that you found something. :)

I do the same thing for future cruises but with the TA it's only been increases for the few cabins that become available & nothing better than our cabin. ;)

Yes, this TA has been a tough one to change your mind.:eek: I don't know why I didn't book the Deluxe Balcony in the beginning when I had the chance.:confused: Went from C622 to C741. If I was not able to do it, I still would have been happy with C622.:)

Archived