First Grand Suite Ever!

Congrats on your having your first GS too! So exciting! One day my goal is to experience an Owner's Suite and a Royal Loft Suite too....one can dream. :)

As far as beds on RCI, I find they are always comfy no more what cabin I've been in. The absolute most comfy beds for me were on the Enchantment of the Seas. I think they had just changed out the bedding around the time we cruised. Have a great cruise.

Thank you! Happy suite cruising to you and your DD, too! I'm sure she'll be so excited and you'll get "Best Mom Ever" status for at least a few months for this one.:D:p

Haven't read through all the replies because I'm currently sitting in our Grand Suite on the Vision of the Seas. In addition to the perks that are mentioned, there's also the option to tour the bridge, the galley and backstage theater. RCCL will make sure you have a great cruise - if you need anything, just ask. They do all that they can to accommodate the request. We're Grand Suite addicts now, especially with double points!

Haven't read through all the replies because I'm currently sitting in our Grand Suite on the Vision of the Seas. In addition to the perks that are mentioned, there's also the option to tour the bridge, the galley and backstage theater. RCCL will make sure you have a great cruise - if you need anything, just ask. They do all that they can to accommodate the request. We're Grand Suite addicts now, especially with double points!

That's so cool! Thanks for taking the time on your cruise to share with us. I've heard about the tours and am very interested in all of them. Do we set this up with the Concierge? Do we book it before boarding? Can we only do one tour? Or all three?

The galley tour after the first 30 min. was painful. We had enough.

Now the Bridge tour was AWESOME.!!!!

We loved it on the Mariner, and got to do it both sailings on the Freedom.......

Make sure you do the bridge tour.

Unbeleivable modern technology!!!!!

Sea Ya

That's so cool! Thanks for taking the time on your cruise to share with us. I've heard about the tours and am very interested in all of them. Do we set this up with the Concierge? Do we book it before boarding? Can we only do one tour? Or all three?

I remember our last cruise on Explorer there was a card in our cabin asking if we wanted to take a tour and then we had to select which we wanted to participate in. We were only in JS but I think we got the benefit because we are Diamond Plus C&A members.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your experience. It's greatly appreciated. Have a wonderful cruise. :D

Remember that Grand Suite Living can become addictive.....

1. Breakfast & Lunch in Chops with ordering off the menu.

2. Large bathrooms with 2 sinks & mirrors for spreading out.

3. Reserved seating poolside, at the Ice Show, Theater, etc.

4. Concierge Lounge each evening and morning, complimentary.

5. Larger balcony for stretching out....loungers and chairs.

Enjoy ! ! :D

Remember that Grand Suite Living can become addictive.....

1. Breakfast & Lunch in Chops with ordering off the menu.

2. Large bathrooms with 2 sinks & mirrors for spreading out.

3. Reserved seating poolside, at the Ice Show, Theater, etc.

4. Concierge Lounge each evening and morning, complimentary.

5. Larger balcony for stretching out....loungers and chairs.

Enjoy ! ! :D

I'm dreaming of it now thanks. I have a week to go thanks! ;)

Quick question for those of you who have done this recently: close-toed shoes are required for the galley tour or bridge tour? Or both? I know I've read this somewhere before, but thought I should check since policies change all the time.

Quick question for those of you who have done this recently: close-toed shoes are required for the galley tour or bridge tour? Or both? I know I've read this somewhere before, but thought I should check since policies change all the time.

They ask for closed toed shoes for the galley tour, but like anything else, there are those who feel like rules don't apply to them, so I've seen flip-flops on galley tours.

They ask for closed toed shoes for the galley tour, but like anything else, there are those who feel like rules don't apply to them, so I've seen flip-flops on galley tours.

Well, since I would like to keep all of my digits intact, I will definitely play by the rules if I get the opportunity to participate. I figure they probably put that rule in place for a reason. It's all fun and games until someone loses a pinky toe!

The Concierge can help you either before you board or once your on board (there's a list of email addresses in a CC thread). I think which tours are available depend on the ship and captain, on this trip, we could have done all three, but on the Navigator, only the Bridge Tour was available. For the ships that don't have a Concierge, there is a Suite Coordinator/Guest Departure Officer that can help you. For the Vision, I found Bojana's email address in CC (you guys are the best), and she made all the arrangements and really took care of us during our cruise.

I'll post a longer review later this week when we're home.

Hi All,

We have our first Grand Suite on Freedom of the Seas May 26th. We usually book Junior Suites on our cruises. I know about all the perks you get, as we are Diamond + C&A members. Tell me your favorite amenity or thing about having a Grand Suite. Plus any secrets I need to know. Very excited!!! :D:)

Thanks for starting this thread Annefran. We also have our first GS booked on Independence of the Seas cruising to The Canaries in October. This will also be our first RCI cruise. Interested to hear people's GS experience of this ship. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for starting this thread Annefran. We also have our first GS booked on Independence of the Seas cruising to The Canaries in October. This will also be our first RCI cruise. Interested to hear people's GS experience of this ship. Enjoy your cruise.

You are very welcome David. I hope you have a great experience with your GS and cruise. I have decide to just tell my DD when she sees the Gold Card, that they must have changed the card color for suite guests to include JS too. I'm not sure she will realize that we are in GS at first. The only other give away is we usually book deck 9 JS and we are on deck 10. Anyone have any other better suggestions about surprising her about the GS? Sometimes I'm not the best fibber ;):rolleyes:

This time in 4 days we will be sitting on our GS balcony enjoying our first drink of the cruise. :D Cannot wait to experience our first GS. I don't know if we will be able to go back after being spoiled. I received an email from the Concierge, Willie yesterday letting us know we have our Labadee Other the Water cabana too. So happy & excited!!!

Happy sails, Annefran!:) Enjoy every moment of that GS and please let us know what you thought when you get back.

Will definitely do that. If I have some quiet time, will try to post "live" while on board Freedom too. ;)

Archived