Are you going to reach platinum this year?

I'm just wondering how many of us there are that are taking an extra cruise or two to reach platinum by end of the year.

Really enjoyed FTTF on the Dream in January, would be nice to get the perks automatically. My favorite benefit, getting room early, is a nice perk that is new to platinums on FTTF ships.

We added two cruises to the one already booked for this year in order to reach platinum. Normally we would not cruise more than once or twice in the same year.

We will be platinum in September. Not real sure what all the perks are. Laundry and priority boarding are a definite plus!!! Free gift? What's that about?

http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/benefits.aspx

The gift changes from time to time, it is currently either a Nike/Carnival branded baseball cap or a Tervis 16 oz tumbler depending on which ship you're on and their stock.

We have 7 cruises so far (8 in October) but in no way was it worth it to me to book extra just to get to platinum. That would have been an "extra" 2 cruises this year. Just not worth it to us, considering the airfare to get to the ports is usually more than the cruise itself! Anyway, all that vacation time would be just too difficult to get.

So...we will get there by 75 cruise days. I figure we will probably reach that on our 11th.

We added two cruises to the one already booked for this year in order to reach platinum. Normally we would not cruise more than once or twice in the same year.

Did someone say you get to go to your cabin early if you're platinum? Really? How early?

I am late to the thread.... but I am!! Wanted to get last one in while I could still be grandfathered in :D So glad Carnival did this for those of us that were soclose!!

I'm just wondering how many of us there are that are taking an extra cruise or two to reach platinum by end of the year.

Really enjoyed FTTF on the Dream in January, would be nice to get the perks automatically. My favorite benefit, getting room early, is a nice perk that is new to platinums on FTTF ships.

My DW already was platinum, but we booked our CTN before our family trip so that I could hit 75 days also. I was going to be three days short otherwise, so this truly was serendipity that we found a three-day cruise leaving out of NYC.

Congratulations on diamond, but how do you expect them to act ?

Thank you...I guess I expect them to recognize that I'm a diamond guest by thanking me for my loyalty, learn my name and using it.

Years ago it was pretty unusual to see Platinum cards and the crew noticed the difference by commenting on it. Now, even when there are only a small percentage of Platinums on a ship the crew doesn't seem to acknowledge anything.

When I go to my favorite restaurant, the managers and the waitstaff always stop by to say hello and know my name. I think it should be something similar on the ship especially when you are talking about such a small number of people.

On my recent cruise on the Conquest with over 3000 guests there were only 168 Platinum's and 4 Diamonds. It wouldn't be hard to educate the crew to show some recognition of loyalty when they become aware of it.

When checking in on my April cruise even the shoreside agents didn't vary their boarding instructions.....right down to the S&S card being my room key, and lunch being served on the Lido......I think after 29 cruises I've got that part down......:rolleyes:

Thank you...I guess I expect them to recognize that I'm a diamond guest by thanking me for my loyalty, learn my name and using it.

Years ago it was pretty unusual to see Platinum cards and the crew noticed the difference by commenting on it. Now, even when there are only a small percentage of Platinums on a ship the crew doesn't seem to acknowledge anything.

When I go to my favorite restaurant, the managers and the waitstaff always stop by to say hello and know my name. I think it should be something similar on the ship especially when you are talking about such a small number of people.

On my recent cruise on the Conquest with over 3000 guests there were only 168 Platinum's and 4 Diamonds. It wouldn't be hard to educate the crew to show some recognition of loyalty when they become aware of it.

When checking in on my April cruise even the shoreside agents didn't vary their boarding instructions.....right down to the S&S card being my room key, and lunch being served on the Lido......I think after 29 cruises I've got that part down......:rolleyes:

As a diamond I think you should expect a few more perks, but that's as far as I could see it. As far as how the crew treats you, I don't think you should expect better treatment. When you go to the past guest party, or whatever they call it now, you will be recognized. But I don't think you as a diamond should be treated better than me as a platinum nor should either of us be treated better than someone with a blue card. We are all guests and should be treated equal. Just because someone started cruising before another, or because they cruised more often, doesn't make them better, and I'm not saying you think you are better than anyone else. Maybe they should just do away with color coded cards, then nobody would know what the next persons status is. That's just my opinion. :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I remember those days, Carnival has done some serious downgrading as for showing their past guest respect.

As a diamond I think you should expect a few more perks, but that's as far as I could see it. As far as how the crew treats you, I don't think you should expect better treatment. When you go to the past guest party, or whatever they call it now, you will be recognized. But I don't think you as a diamond should be treated better than me as a platinum nor should either of us be treated better than someone with a blue card. We are all guests and should be treated equal. Just because someone started cruising before another, or because they cruised more often, doesn't make them better, and I'm not saying you think you are better than anyone else. Maybe they should just do away with color coded cards, then nobody would know what the next persons status is. That's just my opinion. :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'm really not talking about being treated better....I think it would be wrong to do that. And I don't even like the idea of being pointed out at the past guest party. But I do think the crew could be better at acknowledging a degree of loyalty that is very difficult (and expensive) to achieve.

I'll be Platinum on my December holiday cruise! I cruised in February for my birthday, Cruising with DH in September (GREAT RATE), DD in October for her birthday and everyone in December.....

I love cruising and the platinum incentive just gave me an excuse to cruise 4 times in one year!

Can't wait for the free laundry! :D

Happy Sailing everyone

Why yes I am. On the same cruise as you. ;)

Archived